Hybrid Beaters League

It doesn’t, but some of us like to really get into the design part of things.

What do you mean by that?

As in some of us like to spend a lot of time designing cars to fit the era.

It ain’t just alien cars fitting the era tho, like the new Prius, which looks really bad imo, take a look at the 2017 golf, both look 2017 but Prius looks like they just tried way too hard to make it look cool.

2 Likes

Well… that’s like…

your opinion.

:innocent:

4 Likes

Spot the Supercar!
I agree, the Prius looks way out of its league, but I don’t actually hate it for that :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, about time I get to (re-)making my entry!

1 Like

okay. 13 hours left.

time to make some of you feel good about your car.
and other to feel bad about theirs

performance is pretty MEH as expected

and it costs $24500

5 Likes

4 Likes

So you could have an inline 6.
You could have a turbocharged inline 6.
You could have an extremely efficient turbocharged inline 6!

But instead, you decided to ditch the turbo, cut the engine in half, but take all of this car:

Gordon! An econobox that stays true to its name!

“Gordon, you should actually cut down on the Magnesium! Your entire block is already made from it!”

Yes, actually, I just now noticed that I accidentally left the block on Magnesium. Well, still within the price limit :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

We’re in the final stretch! Less than 3 hours left to go.

I have cars from:
@conan
@Dorifto_Dorito
@HowlerAutomotive
@Zabhawkin
@Ornate
@HighOctaneLove
@szafirowy01
@koolkei
@JohnWaldock
@titleguy1
@Leedar
@Der_Bayer
@TheMiltos21
@thecarlover
@strop
@4LGE
@cpufreak101
@rcracer11m
@harizvet1

If you’re not on that list, I don’t yet have your car.

5 Likes

Boyd Motors was also considering entering a substantially different vehicle into competition, but the revived ‘Pluton’ concept, a cut price GT car, was scrapped again owing to concerns of market viability.

Modelling and tests showed it would have achieved a 0-100 km/h time of 5.8 seconds, a top speed of 249 km/h and combined fuel economy of 4.68 l/100 km, thanks in part to an efficient 7-speed dual clutch transmission. Aside from such straight line performance at hybrid-level economy, the main attraction would have been the opportunity to own a V12 engine at such a modest price point; the low tax 2.2 litre naturally aspirated power plant was in fact the only entertainment provided in the vehicle, contributing to dubious marketability (drivers were expected to use their own devices for navigation). An AWD system with a viscous LSD provided some degree of off-road capability, permitting safer and more confident touring in rough and hazardous road conditions.

The price point was projected to be $22,680.

4 Likes

lol of course someone has to build a v12. it’s a tradition :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I like this competition, even though I probably didn’t win. :slight_smile: I know it’s heresy to say around all the motorheads here, but trying to build around something besides just racing performance is interesting to me. Certainly encouraged a bit of learning.

I also came up with a premium comfort car, but I figure that probably wouldn’t have scored well much like that budget GT.

4 Likes

There are a couple of dark horses in this bunch. People who’ve been around a long time, who haven’t said very much on the forums lately. Probably because theyre hanging around on the chat.

Specifically I Wonder what @conan built :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Well, it’s an hour past the deadline. Submissions are now closed! I’ll try to have some reviews out within a reasonable amount of time. Been a lot of spread between the vehicles.

Anyone want some fun facts about the cars?

Uhhh sure.

2 Likes

ALL the fun facts please :smiley:

I was going to post my advert but still not home. Don’t wait on my account but!

Number of Entries: 19
Most Common Driveline: Transverse FWD (13 cars)
Least Common Driveline: Transverse AWD (1 car)
Number of V6 Engines: 2
Number of Inline 6 Engines: 8
Number of Inline 4 Engines: 6
Number of Inline 3 Engines: 3
Lowest Redline: 5300 RPM
Highest Redline: 8000 RPM
Lowest Number of Gears: 4
Highest Number of Gears: 7
Slowest Test Track Lap: 175.52 seconds
Fastest Test Track Lap: 138.97 seconds
Smallest Engine: 1195 cc
Largest Engine: 3312 cc
Lowest Fuel Efficiency: 50 MPG
Highest Fuel Efficiency: 67.1 MPG
Number of Benchmark Cars: 2
Most Expensive: $25,900 (7 cars)
Least Expensive: $15,960 (1 car)

If anyone wants to know anything else, please, feel free to ask. Please try to keep the questions to Highest/Lowest or Most Common.

5 Likes

Most common tyre type comes to mind.

Also most common interior.

I’d love to see 0-100 and quarter mile stats too of that’s not too hard.

haha I snagged biggest engine, fastest around the track, lowest fuel efficiency and most expensive car all in one!

2 Likes

My engine is the smallest. :sweat_smile: Although, its redline is 8000, not 7600… maybe it’s so small that Madrias didn’t see it.

3 Likes