[OBSOLETE] old Hypera thread - two cars and some shitposting :P

#Introduction
Hypera is a Norwegian tuning and sports car company established in 1976 near Bergen by a bunch of speed freaks: Ragnar Svendsen, Erik Tornqvist, Harald Falk, Björn Næss, Peter Vinter and Lars Hansen. First three of them were at the time working for another car company, Næss was their friend and a businessman, Vinter a race driver and Hansen was one of the few main engineers in another tuning company. They retained their previous jobs until early eighties, when Hypera was already a stable company making enough profit to rely on it only.
Hypera started producing their own cars in 1983.
When Hypera is tuning another company’s car, you can expect something radical with lots of boost, grip, downforce and lightness.

#Tuned cars
Cadence Maxi GT (2017)

#Produced cars
Niddhogg (2016; Projekt Ragnarok)

Please send cars for tuning :slight_smile: (but don’t expect effects quickly now)

1 Like

Of course, no problem :slight_smile:
At some point in future Hypera will unite with some Swedish company, but shhh… :wink:
Well, I’m not Scandinavian, but I love Swedish cars, Finnish phones, Swedish and Finnish metal bands, Nordic mythology, sound of Nordic languages (but I don’t speak them!), don’t like too much heat… Sometimes I wish I were born in some Nordic country :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

He he he, I just downloaded the car, and that was because it has a ridiculously HUGE brake power. Like, if a fly landed on the brake pedal you will be launched through the windshield.
With the same type pf rotor and number of pistons, by lowering to 0 sportiness and reduce significantly the rotor size all the stats improve massively. Over 40 drivabability and over 70 sportiness.

For a tuning company you shouldn’t miss that :sweat_smile:

EDIT: brake balance should be the exact same sportiness value, so you don’t get extra firm front brakes and spongy rear brakes, that could upset the balance. You may need to play with the rotor size to get that perfectly. Only the right amount of breaking is required for that, again, you don’t want to jerk (is that the right word?) forward every time you step on the brake.

@szafirowy01 Well… there you go. EDIT: Oops, you ninja edit’ on me, no problem :wink: Fine tuning is always a bitch. In the old days, it was easier because the test track loaded in seconds, so you could go back and forth and try different stuff, but now it actually takes mooore time (specially in long tracks, such as nurburgring) which makes it very tedious, specially when you’re only shaving a few mili seconds.

@ramthecowy Easy on those quality sliders boy :joy: Remember must of the time you need to balance stuff, not just putting the more expensive bigger stuff.

2 Likes

You’ve built a hypercar that looks like a hatchback.
As Clarkson once put it “I would like to date a supermodel, and the best thing about her is she should look like a traffic warden”
:smiley:

4 Likes

A hypercar, you say…

#projektragnarok

Coming soon

1 Like

That’s a synonym for “Hypera” :wink:

1 Like

Do you need any design help or inspiration? Because this orange thingy looks… empty

xDDDDD

What in the hellish hell going on right now?

2 Likes

It’s evolving into a shitposting thread, the same thing happened to one of mine as well.

It’s a bit silent here, don’t you think? And slow - so… normal. Let’s change it :smiling_imp:

#Hypera Niddhogg
Projekt Ragnarok finally unveiled

This year is very important for us - this year the last of Hypera’s founders retired from company. Ragnar Svendsen - company’s founder, legend and main engineer for the last 29 years, the man that ensured Hypera’s position amongst the other supercar makers. The man who never accepted half measures. The man whose ambition to reach the impossible shaped most of Hypera’s cars - including the latest one, his last and finest project, company’s flagship - the Niddhogg.

This monster is powered by lonitidunally mounted third generation Asgard X unit - 4.6l crossplane V8. Magnesium block, AlSi heads - everything lightweight and top quality, but all that is needed for revving up to 9100rpm and enduring tremendous 1130hp. All that power is distributed for all four wheels through 6-speed manual and electronic limited slip differentials.

Effect? Light and aerodynamical all carbon fiber body is catapulted from 0 to 100 in just 2.3 seconds. Add immense grip and downforce, brakes almost as effective as a concrete wall, pushrod suspension made possibly of runestone and you get this:

• 373km/h top speed
  • mentioned 2.3s 0-100 time
  • braking from 100 to 0 in 26.8 metres
  • quarter mile in 8.94s
  • Nurburgring in 6:44.54
  • TG track in 1:06.30
  • and unfortunately no time yet from our own track since there are unexpected delays in its restoration :unamused:

And now, probably the most surprising thing, and a mark of new times - fuel economy. The car has two modes, Standard (that sporty stats above) and Eco. But not like what you may fear, it doesn’t turn off half the cylinders nor runs on some fancy tuned washing machine electric motor. Hey, we are Hypera! We do “eco” our way :smiley: With the magic of turbos, of course - in Eco mode boost pressure drops from 3.0 Bar to 1.0 Bar, few other engine settings change, and fuel consumption drops from about 32l/100km to just under 10l. In this mode also power distribution settings change, so the car becomes very tame and easy to drive. And don’t fear about power loss - it still is reasonably high being 620hp, so the car still will be very fast. Some stats for comparison:

• 316km/h top speed
  • 3.1s of 0-100 time
  • quarter mile in 10.50s

It all can be yours if you wish to pay 388 000$ and be quick enough to order one, since we will be making only 999 of them (99 were already pre-sold) in all variants - Niddhogg R shown above, a bit comfortable Niddhogg GT and a bit less-powered S (both coming soon, so stay tuned).

Special thanks to @Deskyx for suggesting me sth that made this car as good as it is and for @PottoGadd for suggesting Opeth - I fine-tuned the Niddhogg listening their music mostly :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Daaaang, even quicker than mine by 1.5 seconds. This is what I get for hesitating despite telling others not to :laughing:

3 bars of boost… My turbos max out at at entire Bar lower…

Does it have a full interior? And i think you should add a bit of an overdrive to it to increase fuel economy in hyper mode. Or perhaps a 7 speed with 7 as an overdrive?