I am VERY sorry!

Yes, I am back, at least for the moment, and I hope that I dare to show here without people chasing me with hayforks.

I don’t feel like this is the place to put all my personal rants, but long story short, I got a really big backlash with my mental health (that has been quite unstable for almost 30 years), and I have been to hell and back, I don’t feel like I want to discuss it any more than that, and I hope you understand. Playing computergames is something that really has not been my number 1 priority.

And I guess that it would not matter anyway if it wasn’t for the fact that I started a thread with a quite big RP here that I ended in the middle of everything. It was too much to handle to start with and when everything else failed for me I simply could not care less. And needless to say, I can’t continue it now, I have lost track of everything that had to do with it, the rules, everything. It was not really the most respectful thing I could do to the user base here, I know. I hope that you all can forgive me anyway and that you dare to enter if I should start some new RP thread here, because I will try to keep them more sane in the future. I hope to get another chance because the 24h run was really fun (and much better suited for me when it came to the size of it).

So, what do you say, am I forgiven or should I be ashamed of showing up here now again? :flushed:

4 Likes

2 Likes

That’s good. This thread however is more directed to the people that actually put some work in entering the competition that I all of a sudden just shut down.

I think it’s perfectly fair to take a break regardless how long, and as much a we like video games they shouldn’t come at the expense of your own health.

If your up for another RP challenge I’m all ears, Meatball was very good but I’m sure it was a big work load for what is essentially a hobby.

That would explain why you abandoned it without any warning or announcement from you - but I will readily forgive you for that because you deserved a long break in real life. And when it’s over, I would happily welcome a relaunch of the Meatball Run, given that the version on which the original one ran is long obsolete.

No, I doubt that I will do the mistake to take on such a big project that is too much to handle again. But probably a new 24h clunker run if and when I start playing again, that was fun and could be done in a couple of days.

3 Likes

I’ve never met or interacted with you but I think everyone deserves chances, so yeah you’re welcome back here

Dude, don’t worry at all. I’ve had my own struggles with mental health over the past few years and I empathize with what you’re going through. If you needed that break, it was your right to leave everything aside and take it. I’m glad you’re in a better position now and that you’re ready to start contributing to this forum again.