I'd like to address this game breaking bug only I seem to be having

I am in the middle of editing a car (Placing regular fixtures or just editing sliders) and without any sing of warning I get a CTD.
No errors not even in the game files from what I can see, just a CTD.

This usually ends up wrecking the car with no way to recover it (Game keeps CTD), or allows me to enter the editor again but the car resets to the hold design state and just keeps being unstable until inevitably it’s impossible to load.

I was editing an old car tonight just moving some fixtures and it has already happened four times in less than an hour.

Am I crazy or is it just me having this issue? This started in early December I think and only gotten worse.

I have already reinstalled and verified cache obviously.

1 Like

Try updating your video drivers…or install older (pre December) drivers and see if that helps.

You could try looking in the event viewer, application & system, and see if anything pops up in there for the same time.

My drivers are the final ones and not changeable as far as I know.

This happens on occasion. The only solution I have known is to trawl through the .lua files of your model and trim to see if there are any syntax errors, because those can break your save.

The only alternative to this is to try and go from an older save, i.e. export your car regularly. I learnt this the hard way after losing a car that I’d been fiddling with for about 30 hours.

This seems to happen to every car I edit eventually, some more than others.
I must be having some serious .LUA errors then.

Have you tried running vanilla with no steam mods?

Yes, some default bodies actually end up less stable than mods surprisingly.

Always export your cars to a seperate folder makes life easier when this stuff happens

I did have a period where this happened disconcertingly often. The cumulative likelihood of it happening seemed to correlate with use of the “undo” button.

1 Like

Happened 3 times tonight in the span of like 30-40 minutes.