If/When diesel engines are add will that mean other stuff related?

If/When diesel engines are added will that mean stuff like semi trucks, buses, tractors, and new demographics will also come? :tractor: :truck:.

http://discourse.automationgame.com/t/automation-faq-updated-3-nov-2017/131

4 Likes

I know about the faq im just asking about the stuff that will be add IF they were added.

:thinking:

8 Likes

I know its a car company game but its not the end of the world if a truck is in it.

http://discourse.automationgame.com/t/automation-faq-updated-3-nov-2017/131

3 Likes

In all seriousness, if you dig into the suggestions forume, the consensus of the devs when such questions come up is “there are no plans yet”. All is focused into the main game right now, and whether or not there are DLCs with other options, is something for the far future. Something that have been hinted at is the possibility* of Diesel engines as DLC for the future, but that’s it, there is not much more on if there will be new demographics (but given the complexity of the game and how that will probably screwup somethings I think not).

3 Likes

If you know the FAQ, I don’t understand the point of this thread…

5 Likes

If. The important word here is if. You’ve answered your own question here. The answer being if the add it. Chances are they won’t and if they do, it wont be until after the game is finished.

dwdwqssasasa

Car company tycoon game…

1 Like

Indeed there are not plans to add other types of vehicles, as detailed by the FAQ :slight_smile:

5 Likes

you could have diesel as a different fuel type, like how there’s a golf diesel

1. No need to revive old threads.
  2. Read the FAQ
  3. Diesel cars are not just the same cars with diesel fuel. The engines are quite different in set up.
  4. Somewhat close to what you say, you can approximate a diesel set up in Automation, export the car and change the fuel type and sound configuration to diesel in the Beam file.
1 Like

Sorry to keep writting in this old thread, but how can we change the sound configuration to diesel in the beamng file?

It’s late here, but the lines that I changed were:

"requiredEnergyType":"diesel", //Type of fuel required

Not 100% sure if I changed the burnefficiency or not.

"soundConfig": {
		"sampleName": "I4D_engine",

You can use one of the other existing files for other kinds of engine. I also messed around a bit with the inputs just below that line to make the engine sound softer and smoother.

"mainTank": {
    "energyType":"diesel", //Type of fuel (must match engine for engine to run)
    "fuelCapacity": 55, //Litres

And that’s all that’s to it really.

2 Likes