IMP Automobilbau - Heavy Bois

Made some updates to the car that shouldn’t exist.

4 Likes

HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE…go diesel

1 Like

Should we ever get to collaborate again, its because of a bet how much sportiness KHT can extract from one of our Diesel Vans.

Do it. NOW

Only if the official presentation starts with: “Once upon a time, engineers of IMP and KHT came together, and got drunk…”

2 Likes

I was thinking more of “KHT helped IMP promote their diesel technologies by modifying their diesel van to do a nordschleife laptime faster than a porsche 911” but that does not exclude the drinking

2 Likes

IMP Diesels (until 1978ish) promoted themselves, courtesy of two-stroke loudness.

1 Like

How do you even simulate diesel tech in automation? @squidhead @Awildgermanappears

DI, turbochargers and a loooong stroke.

1 Like

no.

No DI before 2001…

I use mech injection single throttle low timing high compression ohv or daohc and 80oct to simulate deisel

1 Like

This is my EOTY Gift for the people, to celebrate the Monolith M-X winning the coveted (and lightly competitive) Automation SUV of the Year 2016 award. Once again I’d like to than @Sillyworld and Popular Magazine for playing a huge role in this feat. Let me give everyone some thing they like, a compact and affordable (by IMP standards) RWD Coupe. Two of them. These are the 2003 IMP Clubsport GT and the 2006 Clubsport GS.

The Clubsport was launched in 2003 as the direct successor to the popular, if rare 1971-1982 IMP Club Coupe. This second generation was very similar in execution, even though it was actually smaller it was still a 2+2 seater with similar interior dimensions to its forebearer. It was built around an Aluminium chassis with Aluminium double wishbone suspension on all four wheels. Only one engine was available, an improved version of the 2.5L Inline four IMP FB-25 engine with 215hp and 252Nm of torque. Power is delivered to the wheels via a close ratio 6-Speed Manual Transmission and a mechanical Drexler LSD.

A Turbocharged Version quickly followed with 310hp and 355Nm of torque and longer final drive ratio for a higher too speed. Both the naturally aspirated GT250 and the GT Turbo were updated to the direct injection, 20 Valve FB-225 engine in 2006. Power on the NA rose to 230/272, whereas the Turbo could now impress with 350hp and 410Nm.

2006 was also the Year in which a smaller lighter, more aggressive little brother of the Clubsport GT was added. The Clubsport GS was 2-seat and NA only, but nearly 100 kg lighter than the GT with suitably better performance.

The GS could also bei orderded with the “R Package” which was particularly barebones with minimal creature comforts, specially developed Michelin performance tyres and a kerb weight of just 1080kg. A different intake plenum increased the power Output by 10hp.

The Clubsport GT was discontinued in 2012 while the GS remains in production with slightly altered LED headlights.

11 Likes

Me gusta! I mean you cannot go wrong with a lightweight sportscar, but 350 hp under the bonnet on the GT Turbo is superb! Lovely styling too.

Let’s see if that is enough for a Ticket into yet another Top Magazine comparison between Saminda, Maesima, Adenine and Erin. Lol

5 Likes

A 2006 sports car shootout would be a really cool idea! I have to say the I’m liking the styling on both designs but the GS is especially striking in colour and styling!

1 Like

I’ve got a sports car in 2004 under wraps but it’s not going to happen until after UE… :angry: this is taking too long! :joy:

3 Likes

That colour is called “V2 Sportviolett” or IMP Racing Purple for the common folk.

Important news

In the wake of recent announcements from our competitors at Maesima and Saminda IMP would like to reinforce their commitment to not align itself with any government policies, regardless of state.

IMP will continue to value their products higher than short-lived opportunistic benefits from changing political climates. Those familiar with the long history of this company will be aware that the last time IMP collaborated with a regime primarily resulted in our most important factories getting obliterated by allied bombings.
We will therefore continue to manufacture our vehicles at our existing factories in Germany, Finland, Austria and in case of Monolith our top secret alpine underwater factory located in Switzerland. This also ensures that quality control will remain at a consistently high level across the range.

8 Likes

Some context: The RC-A013 was created in 2013/14 for testing purposes in the field of active aerodynamics. To test the active aero at high speeds it used a highly modified twin-turbo variant of IMP’s RT-250 V8 with ~800hp. As a result the top speed was approaching 390kph while remaining totally stable despite the low weight of 1300kg. As an unwanted side effect the car also posted a sub-7 minute laptime of the Nürburgring Nordschleife. The exact time is not known, mostly because the setup got wiped from the IMP database (my laptop), while the design survived.

Well now, in 2017 the car got resurrected.

The bodywork has been updated to match the current IMP design language and a completely different drivetrain was fitted. Instead of the 4.7L Bi-Turbo V8 there is a 2.4L Bi-Turbo Inline 4, a destroked version of the 2.5L FB-325 in the current IMP GS250. It produces 425hp and 440Nm. The transmission meanwhile is an odd one. It is a six-speed manual transaxle, notable for originating from a Monolith V-400 Van (the V-100, V-200 and V-400 utilize a longitudinal FWD setup with a transaxle). It is thus the same one as that white diesel van that delivered your IKEA drawers just this morning. The gearing didn’t even need to be changed, as the 2.4L engine is capable of over 8500rpm as opposed to the 5000rpm on your average diesel, therefore it reaches a theoretical top speed of 350kph. The actual top speed on the new M0-1 is closer to 320kph, courtesy of the retained active aerodynamics and ultra-low drag coefficient. Of note is the suspension, which is fully electrohydraulic with four separate Suspension Modulation Units and multi-link suspension front and rear with inboard brakes. So yeah the body is incapable of roll.

2017 IMR M0-1 Prototype:
2.4L DOHC 20V Bi-Turbo I4 [IMP FB-324GVTS], 425hp, 440Nm, 1275kg, 320+kph, $455,000 (estimated)

10 Likes