Implementing Car "Looks" to the Tycoon

And here I am again, ready to shoot at your suggestion with a big cannon (like you claim :wink: )
What makes this people not upvote their friends or people they know, and downvote others? You never get a 100% fair system, no matter if you get incentives or not. It’s something that is subjective and you cannot reward or penalize people for being subjective. The same thing happens on AutomationHub.

As for taking looks into the mix, you could do the following:

Give cars extra safety points for adding atleast 1 taillight pair, and headlight pair. Right now, aerodynamics get taken into account already for sportiness, and the same goes for rims/tires for comfort.
Bigger rims could also mean more prestige. The thing is though, you shouldn’t be able to place 20 headlights and get a huge bonus out of that. Maybe max. 2 headlights get you extra safety points. This won’t restrict you for using more headlights and thus creativity of the player, but it makes sense to add lights to the car and reward a player for using a bit of common sense. Utility value could be added for adding doorhandles probably (and thus comfort?) Same could go for other fixtures that could give you more sportiness, prestige or comfort.

1 Like

Shoot at will. That is actually a valid point. Well, first on my idea it should just display the model either in front/back photo or 3d model and nothing more, no other info. Yes, people like Norman with his cars would immediately be recognized. But that actually bring up more realism because real brands have fanboys too. I bet if we made a vote between a 911 and a GT-R for most pretty alot would vote on the GT-R. :unamused:
Also. Having to deal with people’s opinions is part of the car market too. And would provide a nice dilemma for players. Should I do a car that people like or a car that I like?

[quote=“WizzyThaMan”]
As for taking looks into the mix, you could do the following:

Give cars extra safety points for adding atleast 1 taillight pair, and headlight pair. Right now, aerodynamics get taken into account already for sportiness, and the same goes for rims/tires for comfort.
Bigger rims could also mean more prestige. The thing is though, you shouldn’t be able to place 20 headlights and get a huge bonus out of that. Maybe max. 2 headlights get you extra safety points. This won’t restrict you for using more headlights and thus creativity of the player, but it makes sense to add lights to the car and reward a player for using a bit of common sense. Utility value could be added for adding doorhandles probably (and thus comfort?) Same could go for other fixtures that could give you more sportiness, prestige or comfort.[/quote]

I was thinking about this the other day too. Depending on the market there should be rule to what lights you car should have. And there should be minimum requeriments for fixtures. As you say. 2 headlights, 2 taillights, 1 pair of handles.
Also IMO, wings should be restricted to the back of the car.

I dont think you really should make them requirements, but more like, get rewarded for common sense. So not that your car MUST have 1 or 2 lights etc. but get extra points on safety for example for having them. If you want to make a car with just 1 grille for cooling, you should still be able to. The developers (and I agree on that) want to restrict creativity as little as possible. So this idea makes it able to do so, yet still reward those who put in a little effort. Ofcourse limited to 2 headlights giving you rewards, or else you can put 20 headlights.

So in short, no restrictions, just rewards to a certain extend.

On your idea on the voting: I think you shouldn’t integrate it into the gameplay. Here is why:

1. Players do not get motivated, and if they do, it should be only something that doesn’t give an advantage. If it does give (big) advantages to vote, people could as well just random click votes for cars quickly to continue playing.
  2. Voting will disrupt the actual gameplay and flow. Here you are busy building your company and then you have to vote for other peoples cars. If not for the good of your own company, why would you? That leads back to point 1.

Getting subjective stuff into the gameflow is not a good idea overall. it CAN work on let’s say AutomationHub, but even there it’s quite a struggle as people don’t really vote. The only reward could be being ontop of the ranking list of the website at this point, and there is trolls downvoting with 1 star on cars that just look amazing, like Normans.

There is one issue with the headlight thing, at least if fixtures stay the way they are currently.

The only way to make pop-up headlights right now is with vents, since you cannot stamp headlights on most hoods.

And even if they make it so headlights can be stamped on hoods, giving us the ability to make pop-up headlights appear as headlights, you still run into issues if you want to make something like the 69 Charger R/T, where the popups are hidden in the grille.

As for the doorhandles thing, we also run into issues for those who want to make cars with shaved handles.

Edit: Also, for the wings on the hood. There are some cars that were sold with them.

IIRC some USDM Countachs had one to get around minimum bumper height laws.

Like this

ruined it :frowning:

1 Like

The Ferrari Testarossa had to have the slats in the cooler intakes on the side, just to be able to sell the car in the US.
Apparently there was a risk of damage without them.

Edit: If you look at the profile on the front wing, in the picture above, the profile is neutral. It doesn’t provide any downforce or lift.

1 Like

How the heck do i use vents to make pop-up headlights? When i do it i always end up with a stupid mess of vents in a square shape.

There is a workshop mod that has pop up headlights.Look it up in Steam

Nevermind, i don’t want no stupid pop-up headlights anyways.

No, we want to see your car with pop ups! Please do it because I think it would look good.

What exactly are you doing

3 Likes

Oh, when are you gonna send me the designs for your hyper car from yesterday? I want to help you fix it

No offence, i really don’t need help with it. I uploaded an edited version just now in the place of the original ad.

Maybe i’ll have another car with some pop-ups, though i’m not sure.

can you at least send me the car files? I want to see how much you have improved it, that’s all. Make some suggestions too because you are new and I am trying to help you out while everyone else is being a dick.

I guess i can. I think i’ll have it delivered in a few.

EDIT: how do i get the files?

Go to Sandbox and select the car you want to export, then go down and click “Export”. Then go to the automation game files and go to the export folder, where you should find all the cars you wanted to export.

When i tried to, the game crashed.

What is the error it pulls up?

Take this to PM’s, you’re cluttering a dead thread with unimportant bullshit

6 Likes