Introductions

Hello! I’m Mani. A Car nut! Finally got the game but haven’t played it yet :slight_smile:

I don’t remember if I ever made an introduction post despite being here for so long, but I did kind of slightly disappear for quite a while, so hi I guess.

I make music, I make games (that never get finished,) I play games, and I cry about not being able to actually drive my car for reasons.
I also laughed very hard when I read the naming scheme I must have liked when I made my car/engine design threads… I’ll probably make new threads at some point, but I like those ones, but I hate them, etc.

I came here looking for mods and was disappointed when I didn’t find what I was looking for… so I’m considering making my own, but only time will tell if that will happen.

I won’t be active, I’m never active on any forum, but I’ll be here… watching… waiting…

Name: Innocience

Interests: Games, Tanks, RPG Maker, Programming(To a degree - intensive study kinda ruined it), Music, Statistics

Vehicles Currently Owned: None

Dream Garage Vehicles: Something small and powerful (Smart fortwo preferrably), Scirocco, Polo, Golf

How did I find you: Youtube suggestions - especially YBR and of course automationgame

About:

Hi I’m Innocience and love tweaking numbers and statistics as well as freedom in a game so that is why I bought automation.

I’m not technically a car fan(besides old NFS/Flatout…) but I love what they stand for(Gotta adore British Top Gear).

Learned a lot about cars from you guys and looking forward to what’s to come.

Name: <----

Interests: Games, cars, etc/

Vehicles Currently Owned: Red 1995 Miata. Most Miata of the Miatas.

Dream Garage Vehicles: Miata that I have money to spend on, 240Z, Mk4 Supra, R32 GTs-t, and a Mk1 MR2.

How did I find you: Youtube.

About:

I like cars, games, and car games. So why not get a game that lets you send pistons straight to the ISS?

Alex Gonzalez A.K.A. Corbanx
Interests-Cars bikes planes and everything that has an engine.Also a fan of alpha/moddable games,minor moding(im terrible at modeling with 3ds ,blender or any program i just suck at it) and never worked with lua(just python,c++.c#basic)
Occupation-Waiter/aviation student(flying school)
Location-Montreal

Name: Hey. I’m TyashiExMachina, but you can just call me Tya. Whatever metaphorically floats your metaphorical boat. Unless you’re on a boat. Then I have absolutely no idea how the hell you’re talking to me.

Interests: I’ve loved cars ever since I was a toddler. I loved how they sounded and moved, and I still do. Call it an obsession if you will.

Vehicles Currently Owned: I own a 1998 Mark II Toyota MR2. Also has a bodykit on it. Mint.

Dream Garage Vehicles: I’ve always wanted an old muscle, like a Charger or a Cuda. If not, then I’ll settle for a Supra. Wishful thinking, I guess.

How did I find you? : I literally searched on the internet for ‘Car Tycoon and s**t like that’. Those exact words.

About: I’m 25, I’m an IT consultant, and I’m in love with cars. I’m autistic, but that hasn’t really stopped me talking to people. And trust me. I talk a lot.

Hello there, thought I’d drop by with an introduction before I have a look around the forums.

Name: Muhammad Amir aka Kampfzerstorer (You can call me Kampf to shorten things out)

Occupation: Non-Destructive Testing Technician (Aviation, more particularly on the turbines.)

Location: Singapore (Yep, that tiny speck of dust on the world map.)

Interests: Games (DiRT Series, World of Tanks, IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 to name some). Cars, more particularly those from the rallying scene from the 80s and 90s, as well as the underdogs of sports cars/saloons (Toyota Chaser for example). Anime (Initial D, Wangan Midnight, Black Lagoon, Hellsing Ultimate for example. You can see the types of anime I watch). Listening to music, genres ranging from heavy metal, to eurobeat, to trance. Though most derive from Japan.

Vehicles: None, sadly. Too expensive to own one here.

How Did I Find You?: Aimless browsing on Steam to find other car based games other than DiRT3 and DiRT Rally.

Name: Tiago “lusobyzantine” Costa
Vehicles Currently Owned: Subaru Legacy 2.0 Gl(awd yay :smiley: )
Interests: belic history, cars, tanks, how things are made(really, i’m curious guy)internet

Name: Bryan Herrán. (ignore my username, my vision is perfect. :laughing: )

Occupation :nothing, I go to high school and part of the mechanic class.

Interests: well… anything that generates power lol. I plan going to collage and be a mechanic in the future.

Vehicles: well haven’t owned a car but I Usually drive a 1996 mitsubishi mirage ls 1.8 engine stock, k&n air filter and that’s all,and well a 1979 te51 race car.

dream builds: an ae86 with a blacktop 3sge(or a ke7@ chassis.) but would be happy with and 4a-c powered ae86 :mrgreen: :unamused: (with some side drafts and a mint look)

how i found automation.: well I found about automation about… ugh i don’t even remember lol but way before car designer became available.

about: well a gearhead. I like all cars the way the sound, I love engines and their sound induction sounds, i have removed air cleaner of most cars just to rev them and hear them scream. and well for some reason when i’m really mad i rev a car a bit and I calm down a.k.a. gearhead syndrome. :smiling_imp:

Name: Andrea Bianchi

Interests: Automotive sector (mainly cars!), Astronomy, Videogames & Programming

Vehicles Currently Owned: A 1991 TVR V8S! (it’s my father’s actually… I am taking driving lessons now)

Dream Garage Vehicles: Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano, Ferrari 275 GTB, BAC Mono, TVR Griffith 500

How did you find us: Searching on Google

Name: Kyle Linardo

Occupation: Student at the University of Richmond School of Law

Interests: Cars (I’m a Ford Guy), Railroading, Law, Politics

Vehicles Currently Owned: 2013 Ford Mustang GT California Special, 2010 Ford F-150 XLT

Dream Garage Vehicles: Ford GT, 1970 and 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302, Ford Mustang Boss 429, 1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator, 1970 Mercury Marauder X100, 1964 Mercury Marauder Park Lane, 1969 Ford Torino Talladega, 1969 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler, Ferrari 458 Italia, Ferrari F12 Berlinetta, Lincoln Navigator, Ford SVT Raptor, 2014 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500

How did you find us: Procrastinating from writing papers by watching videos on YouTube

About: I’m a student who grew up around cars. We’ve always owned Fords. I grew up on a farm so I’ve always been interested in machinery and grew up working on it and making use of various types. I’ve always been a Ford V8 guy. I’m a big NASCAR fan and have spent plenty of hours racing on the NASCAR video games or the Gran Turismo Series. I plan on going into law because I love a good legal or political debate and it should help finance my passion for cars and model railroading as I’m also a big fan of steam locomotives. I love the idea behind this game and I look forward to its continued development.

Wow, you guys put a LOT of RL personal info in your introduction posts here. umm…

Name: Les, that’s my internet handle anyway.

Interests: Cars, trucks, military vehicles, aircraft, firearms, history, sociology, psychology, economics, politics, comparative pop-culture, Video Ghamez!, the interwebs.

Vehicles Currently Owned: 2013 Jeep Patriot Sport 4x4, 5-spd manual. 2008 Ford F-150 double-cab. 2001 Chevrolet Silverado HD. Mcormick tractor of indeterminate pedigree.

Dream Garage Vehicles: Ford GT. Bugatti Veyron SS, 1970 Chevelle SS, 1969 Dodge Charger (General Lee tribute), 1970 Dodge Challenger (Vanishing Point tribute), 1973 Dodge Dart Swinger, 1959 Cadilllac El Dorado, 1971 Oldsmobile 442, 1975 Oldsmobile 88 Convertible, 1977 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am (Smokey and the Bandit tribute), 1969 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am, 1971 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 1988 Lada Riva, 1985 Lada Niva, Mercedes Benz 240D etc… etc… etc…

Found this place when it was mentioned by Mr. Regular on the Regular Car Reviews Youtube Channel… because I needed my FIBERRRRR!

Hi, my name is Jaryd!

Vehicles owned: none at the moment

Dream vehicles: 2006-2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Coupe, 2008- Subaru Impreza WRX STi Coupe OR Hatchback, 2015 Ford Mustang

Interests: Music, movies, cars, computers, and the Internet.

Found this game thanks to a fellow student at my school – I’ve been utilizing the customization features in car games ever since I got my hands on NFS:Underground as a kid. This game is perfect for what I like to do!

Name: Andrew

Interests: Cars, gaming, anything with an engine and wheels really

Cars owned: Yeah I’m working on that

Dream Cars: 2014 Dodge Charger 392 Hemi and a 55-57 Bel-Air with a 426 Hemi with Fuel Injection in gasser form. AKA BLASPHEMI.

About: Simple person who loves gaming, cars and bikes.

How I found Automation: Been following development on it since early 2013 and I finally wanted it in mid 2013 when I saw ConeDodger240 play it. That’s what sold me

Hello, is this topic still active? :laughing:

Name: Ricardo

Interests: Cars, music, farming, psychology, social studies…

Cars owned: My first car was a VAM Rally GT '81 (which is basically a AMC spirit with a 4.6L engine), then a '96 Chrysler Sebring and recently a '09 Mazda 3 hatchback.

Dream Cars: Porsche carrera Gt, Dodge viper GTS, 1973 Porsche carrera rsr, nissan r390, nissan GTR, BMW E46 M3, and many more!

How I found Automation?: ConeDodger240’s videos!

Hi!

Name: Przemysław

Occupation: I’m studying Electronics Technology in Technical College

Interests: Electronics, cars, games, bushcraft

Cars owned: I have a Nissan Terrano but only off-road riding (no license yet :p)

Dream Cars: M3 E30, M3 E46 CSL, Nissan Patrol

How I found Automation?: Someone says about this game on Vonzay’s livestream.

Name: Chris, 41

Interests: Sailing, Computers, Photography

Vehicles Currently Owned: 2015 Audi S3, 2010 Audi S4, 2013 Harley Davidson Softail Slim, 2011 Triumph Bonneville T100 (all this and I live in an apartment complex!)

Dream Garage Vehicles: BMW M5, BMW 635Csi, Audi RS7 someday, Audi RS4 Avante (can you please release this in the US?). Maybe a Nissan GT-R.

About: I’m inwardly anxious, and outwardly laid back. It’s weird.

Gaming: #1 Flight simulators - the more realistic the better. #2 War simulations - again, all about realism

BTW, I miss the old game, Detroit!! And this game ROCKS in comparison! Can’t wait to see it more polished. This is unbelievable. What a great game, great developers, and such a great update to a classic genre that has been lost for generations. You guys are great. Thank you so much for rekindling this. Whatever you need, let me know!

Thanks for check’n out my profile.

Name: Asdren

Interests: Vehicles, Games, Programming.

Vehicles Currently Owned: BMW 125i F20 M-Sport

Previous Vehicles of Interest: Seat Ibiza 1.9 TDI

How did you find you? I think it was through Steam.

I never did this when I first joined so long ago, and never go round to it when I started using the forum, so here it is.

Name: Riley. I am also known as Vri and Creddy

Occupation: High School Student who wishes to be a intermediate grade teacher (Years 7-8, Ages 12-13)

Location: Born in London and lived until 9 months, before moving to New Zealand. Currently lives in Christchurch

Interests: Games, Books, Dungeons & Dragons, The Language of Japanese (And Nothing more than that)

Vehicles Currently Owned: 2000 Toyota Altezza

Dream Garage Vehicles: FIAT 850 Sport Coupe Abarth, Subaru BRZ, BMW i8, Lancia 037 Groub B, That Really Old Bentley race car from the 30s

Previous Vehicles of Interest: My Altezza is my First car…

How did you find us? Through Failrace. [size=50]Ily Alex[/size] I watched one of his videos, then he didn’t touch it for a long time, the he did some more and I convinced my fam to let my buy it.

About: So, I’m currently in my third year of high school (Year 11, Age 16) and am a massive car “nerd.” My aspirations when I was younger was to be a car designer, but quickly realized that I was no good at art, so I decided I wanted to teach. I love “Electronic Dance Music” or EDM, with monstercat taking the cake. Massive loves toward Deon Custom, Hyper Potions, Pegboard Nerds, Noisestorm, Rogue, Muzzy, Aero Chord, Pixl, Slips & Slurs, and Barely Alive.

My “Dream Garage” is one that is quite strange. The Fiat was due to the fact I could’ve bought one earlier in the year, but we missed out, so I have made it my life goal to drive one. the BRZ is because BRZ. The i8 is because it is so freakin’ cool. the 037 is due to the “mystique” of the car, and because it looks sick. The Bentley is because there is no replacement for displacement.

I’ve technically been on this forum for a while, however I don’t think I ever posted anything. Or if I did it was a long time ago. Point is I should probably do the introduction thing since I finally have the full game now. Yay for having money!

Name: Not the Stig

Occupation: Full-time race car driver, part-time courtesy clerk at a “one stop shop” store

Interests: Racing, Cars, Photography, Gaming, Movies, Music, Doctor Who, Writing

Vehicles Currently Owned: 1996 Ford Probe GT (Mazda MX-6 if you’re outside of the U.S.), 2007 Intrepid Cruiser 30mm chassis w/ IAME Leopard TaG 125cc 2-stroke, and a PVP superkart chassis w/ Honda CR 250cc 4-stroke coming soon for the next racing season. (Vintage of the chassis is unknown at this time, as someone else is preparing this kart for me.)

Dream Garage Vehicles: An ever changing list of vehicles, depending on what sort of stuff I happen to be into at the time. But as a general list, Porsche 917, chassic number 13, Porsche 911 930 Turbo, extensively modified in such a way that you can be certain it’s going to kill you whenever you drive it, and that’s where the list stays the same, after that it’s pretty much always changing, but it usually involves a couple one-off, custom, hand built cars, and production vehicles in varying states of authenticity, as well as the occasional bike or two.

Previous Vehicles of Interest: I have a bitchin’ Hot Wheels collection.

How did you find us? One of my friends posted or liked or shared or something about your game on Facebook, so I looked into it, liked it, and downloaded the demo. I have been using that off and on for a couple years, before I finally got the full game a couple days ago because I finally had some money I could spend.

About: Oh boy, now we can get to the juicy stuff! Story time! Lights, camera, action!

Ok, I was planning on doing this whole big production back story thing with voice overs by Paul Newman and Steve McQueen (computer synthesized voices have come a long way!), but then the producers pulled the plug halfway through filming so that was a bust. So instead you get the synopsis.

I’ve been around and interested in cars for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately that never translated to a mechanical background, as neither of my parents was in the auto industry, and we never had room in the garage to work on cars, much less have a project car of any sort. As far as the garage goes, that situation hasn’t changed. And since we live at the top of a hill, and our driveway is at an angle, the opportunity never presented itself to get under the hood. Nonetheless, my passion for cars, and particularly racing persisted, given that my dad was a huge car nut (and still is), and previously was a rally driver. Every year while it was still around and came to town we would go out the Champ Car races. That, along with car shows, numerous model cars and hundreds of Hotwheels made sure that my passion for the high octane world that is the automobile never died.

Then, at the age of 13 my automotive world entered a whole new dimension. A couple years before at the Champ Car race I saw a booth for a week long, overnight racing summer camp, learning to drive and race go karts. I was hooked the moment I saw it, but the age limit was 12 to 18, I wasn’t old enough. Back into the future, I was finally old enough to go to the camp, and my parents told me if I earned the money for it, I could go. So I spent the next year saving up, and by the time I was 13 I had the money ready to go. At this point my dad started taking it seriously. We started going to local kart races, doing rental sessions at the local track, and looking at used karts on Craigslist. We finally found one we could afford, and next thing I knew I was driving a 60 MPH go kart at the age of 13. More than six years later I’m still racing karts, but now I’m racing them on full size tracks with serious equipment, capable of speeds in excess of 150 MPH and performance comparable to IMSA GT cars, with a second place national title under my belt. It could have been a first, had we had the gearing correct.

So that’s me and my car story. I guess all that’s left is to say ‘Hi’.

Cheers - Racer13