Introductions

Name: J.G.
Interests: Gaming, Airsofting, Programming
Vehicles currently owned: None, under driving age.
Dream garage vehicles: Series 79 land cruiser, Fj40 land cruiser pickup, 2017 Honda Accord Coupe v6 Manual transmission, Tesla Model 3, all of my vehicles made in automation :stuck_out_tongue:
How I found you: Browsing Early Access games on steam.

About me, Iā€™m a rather shy and calm guy, who has issues sticking up for himself.

1 Like

Name: Blaine Murphy

Location: Detroit Michigan; United States. Originally from Seattle Washington; United States.

Interests: Cars, Computers, Electronics, Music, Photography, Rowing, Skiing

Vehicles Owned: 2006 Scion xB, 1967 Pontiac Bonneville

Dream Garage: 1967 Pontiac Bonneville, 2016 Subaru Impreza 2.5i hatch, 1977 / '78 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SE, BMW E28 M5, 1986 Ford F250 w/ IH Diesel and a 4-on-the-floor

How Did You Find Us? The game was recommended to me by my friend Cody, a fellow student and gearhead. I canā€™t speak for how he originally found it.

About Me:
I grew up in the mountains on the West coast of the United States, the youngest in a family of four kids. My family, immediate and extended, are avid outdoors types so from a very early age I picked up on biking, skiing, kayaking, rowing, etc. Also as a result, I picked up on cars, particularly good offroaders and snow cars. I donā€™t have any brand specific loyalty but if I did it would definitely be Subaru and its probably obvious why.

What I took to stronger than cars though was computers. My Dad gave me one of his old computers to use when I was only 7 and though initially slow to learn, using it mostly for games and silly drawings, I soon became an expert. By the time I was in middle school, I had that computer running Linux and got a personal laptop that I beta tested Windows 7 on and used extensively for programming experiments and graphics work.

High school was a dark age I donā€™t care to remember but one of the major things I took away from high school was a passion for photography after taking a class on black-and-white photography which included the full chemical process. Since then I spend many weekends and off days walking around in the woods shooting scenes particularly landscapes and pattern / texture. Also during high school I discovered my passion for engineering when I joined a robotics team and did large amounts of a design and programming work.

My experience in robotics ended up introducing me to a small engineering school in the Motor City with a unique real-world educational program, so naturally given my passions, I went almost without consideration for other schools. I spend 6 months a year in school and the other 6 in industry. Its hell but its also worth it.

Currently age 20, forever alone :sweat:, taking classes, mentoring a local robotics team, and spend my spare time on pet projects, video games, car stuff, and playing bass guitar. I also love WWII era aircraft, cooking, beer, and a good cigar.

4 Likes

Name: Shane White
Interests: Gaming, cars, hiking, biking, programming, reading, etcā€¦
Vehicles: 2004 VW Passat 1.8T
Dream Garage: 1967 Chevy Camaro SS, Subaru WRX STi, among others
How did you find us? Steam Discovery queue

3 Likes

Ok, Iā€™m on the forum for probably two years by now, but I didnā€™t visit this thread :smiley:

Name: Piotr Szafranowski

Occupation: No, just visiting :stuck_out_tongue: Student at Warsaw University of Technology

Location: Poland, Suwałki - Polish north/cold pole, or Warsaw

Interests: cars, games, fantasy, history, technology.

Vechicles currently owned: a bicycle? :confused:

Dream garage vechicles: gazillion of them. Audi 90 2.2 quattro, V8, 200 Turbo, Quattro, Ur-S4, RS2;
Saab 99 Turbo, 900 Turbo, 9-3 Viggen, 9-5 Aero, 9-3 Turbo X, 9-5 NG;
Volvo 850 R, 480, P1800, 142, S80 V8, V70 T6, V90;
Aston Martin Lagonda (both the one based on AM V8 and the later, more known boxy one), DB5, DB7, DB9, Vulcan, Vanquish ('12);
Jaguar E-Type, F-Type, XJ (any), XJS;
Glaserati, NSU Ro80, Lotus Omega, Merc CLS;
BMW Neue Klasse, E24, E38, 8 series;
Tatra 87, 600, 603, 613;
Subaru BRZ, Mitsu Sigma, Galant VR4, Lexus LS (I gen), IS (I gen), Daihatsu Charade GTTi;
Dodge Omni GLHS, Chevrolet Corvair Turbo;
Peugeot 505 Dangel, 504 cabrio, Citroen DS;
Alfa Romeo Giulia (the modern one), Lamborghini Urraco, DeTomaso Pantera;
Maserati Quattroporte III and V, Ghibli I, Mexico, Kyalami, Sebringā€¦

ā€¦and that is not a full list :smile:

How did you find us? Found some video on YT.

About: 22 years old (21.5 to be precise :stuck_out_tongue:), perfectionist addicted to tea, music, knowledge and creating; creative, but lazy, sometimes disorganised, curious, forgetful, synesthetic?

4 Likes

Lol, Iā€™m nearly a year in as well, but lets pretend thatā€™s not the case, okay?

Name: Ram V
Location: At the moment in a small town about 45 kilometers from Amsterdam.
Interests: Physics, cars, ā€œartā€, music, simulator-type games, procrastinating, reading, fantasizing, history, biology and (dis)assembling stuff.
Vehicles currently owned: A bicycle and my feet :innocent:
Dream garage vehicles: HELP TOO MANY
Lexus: IS200/IS F/LC500/LFA
Subaru: 4th gen Legacy
TVR: ALL OF THEM. GIB NAO >.>
Nissan: Stagea, S15 Silvia, R33 Skyline
Toyota: 5th or 6th gen Celica
Honda: AP2 S2000, DC2 Integra Type R, 1st gen Civic, Mugen Civic RR, Beat
Mazda: 2, 'Speed3 and 6, Autozam AZ1, RX3, RX4, FB and FD RX7, RX8, Eunos Cosmo CD, Roadpacer
Daihatsu: Charade GTi, Copen
Volvo: 480, C30 Polestar, V40 (current), V90 (current), S80 V8
BMW: 1M, M coupe, 2002, E60 M5, E39 M5, E38 7-series
Alpine: A110, A310
Maserati: GranTurismo
Alfa Romeo: Brera Spider, Giulia, GTA, 33 Stradale, maaaaaaaany more
Korea: Genesis G90, Kia Proceeā€™d GT
Jaguar: F type, F pace, i Pace, XJ, XE
Germany: Audi RS3, Seat Toledo VR5, Lupo GTi
America: Shelby GT500, Ford GT (all generations :stuck_out_tongue:), AMC Hurst SSC Rambler
okay Iā€™ll stop :joy:

Discovered: Matt Farahā€™s channel on YouTube.

About: a dude who procrastinates too hard, often playing Automation, of undisclosed age.

7 Likes

Hey there. Iā€™ve been playing Automation on and off for a bit now. After lurking in the forums for a while I figured I may contribute soon so I decided to register. Iā€™m a pretty mediocre gamer, and while I am interested in cars Iā€™m far off from your usual ā€œcar guyā€ and I still have quite a bit to learn. I donā€™t have much else Iā€™d like to say thatā€™s relevant, so I suppose this will have to do :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Name: Niveon (Niv)

Interests: Long-term gaming commitments, drawing (poorly), writing (also poorly), cats

Vehicles Currently Owned: 2001 Mazda Demio (Mk. 1) 1.5L

Dream Garage Vehicles: Citroƫn SM, AMX Javelin, Bugatti 57SC Atlantic (swoon)

Previous Vehicles of Interest: Volkswagen-Karmann Golf I, Simca MillƩ, Citroƫn C1, Citroƫn Ami SUPER

Discovered: Through Steam entirely, Iā€™m always on the lookout for any automotive interest games beyond just driving (but driving also, of course).

About:

Resident Belgian, turning 30 this year (2017) with nothing more to do than general gaming and fiddling about with cars on Automation (1070 hours played at this point in time). Intimidated by the amount of detail people go into here, but trying my best- although Iā€™m confident Iā€™ll never get as good as 99% of you lot.

Long-time car enthusiast, early-days karter and attempted professional racing driver, before chronic health conditions put a swift end to that. Still enjoy owning, maintaining, and driving cars in as much of a capacity as I can, with a very clear preference for cars predating 1975.

Iā€™ll maybe post up some of my own creations sometime, but as I said- Iā€™m pretty intimidated by the attention to detail, skill, and effort you lot put into your cars.

4 Likes

Iā€™m here for almost two years, but never wrote an introduction. There we go:

Name: Oskar Chronowski
Occupation: Student at Middle School, this year probably going to learn in High School to get occupation of Technik PojazdĆ³w Samochodowych (I guess that translates to car technician?)
Interests: Cars, buses - basically everything that drives plus computers, games and enjoyable music
Vehicles Currently Owned: 2010 Arkus Classic Junior
Dream Garage Vehicles: Porsche 911 GT1 996 Strassenversion, Porsche 911 Turbo 996, Toyota Celica V, Mitsubishi FTO, Pagani Huayra, Porsche 911 Carrera 991.2
How did you find us? I donā€™t know man
About: Born in 2001, car enthusiast from almost birth. I like tea, and going absolutely kurwa when designing supercars in Automation.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve still got to do this lol
Name: Ethan, or Cole if youā€™re @ramthecowy
Cars: truly mine, 1985 Honda Shadow 750cc, ishā€¦, The Jetta
Interests: Automation (no shit), and computers
How did I find this game: ybr
About me: guy no one knows
Dream garage: 1980-87 Audi Quattro, 1999 Audi A4 sport w 2.8l NA, and a late 90ā€™s VW golf convertible

Thatā€™s all

6 Likes

Iā€™m new to this forum. Name is Agatha Nakai (a.k.a Reiko Walker, Reikoā€™s Carbon Fibre Emolga at Car Throttle). I have been playing this game nearly for 2 years, and have been addicted to it since.

Iā€™m a college student, and Indonesian. I have passion in cars, especially automotive design. Seeing cars beautifully made is like seeing a beautiful girl for me. But somehow, for now I prefer to be an Automotive Artist (the ones who made the liveries to be more specific or made anything cars related, let it be T-Shirts or other merchandises) or opening a Tuning Studio someday (like the Rauh-Welt Begriff thing). Unfortunately I donā€™t have a car right now, but Iā€™d love to own a car someday, and of course it has to be manual, and reliable.

If you ask me what kind or type of cars I like, I like lots of them. Tuners, Muscles, Exotics, Off-Roads, as long as it looks good and performs good to me (tbh I prefer looks a bit more than performance at one point, letā€™s just say, 55% looks, 45% performance), Iā€™m all for it.

And here in Automation, this game gives me chance to unleash my imagination and stuff like that, to think about what I want to build, what I want to express, etc. Iā€™ve been designing cars for 2 years, so I kinda enjoy the game, a lot.

Nice to meet you all, have a nice day.

4 Likes

Well, heres my introduction.
Name: Lorenzo
Cars: None
Interests: Cars, Planes, Space, Science, History, Mecha.
Dream Garage: Honda Civic, any Ferrari, M4A1 Sherman Tank, Short Sunderland Flying Boat. Oh and probably a Delorean.
How did you find us: Steam Greenlight
About: Nothing much else to say

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never even looked at this thread, might as well do this after 1 year and 10 months hereā€¦

Name: Munro
Location: Kent, UK at Christmas, Easter and during Summer, Cardiff the rest of the time
Cars: '04 Seat Arosa 1.0 S
Interests: Politics, Music, Cars, anything with the letterā€™s ā€œLMPā€ on it, other engineering stuff, Cooking.
How did I find this game: Steam
About me: Lanky 19 20 year old who canā€™t decide if heā€™s more into cars or music, dances if heā€™s even slightly drunk, will cook for you if provided food and a kitchen
Dream garage: 2004 Honda NSX, Jaguar XJ12 (Series 3), Ford Cortina (Mk II), Honda Accord Aerodeck (1st Gen)

5 Likes

I never even did one of these and Iā€™ve been here a while

Name: Dafydd
Cars: '04 Alfa Romeo 147 1.6 t/spark Lusso 3dr
Interests: cars, gaming, driving, eating and work
How did I find this game: Failrace
About me: A short and friendly 19 year old who happens to like talking about his job, do have a massive temper and will get annoyed with people who diss my car too much, I love my Alfa. I have social anxiety which is weird because it doesnā€™t show when Iā€™m working. Iā€™m also a single Pringle who is ready to mingle :joy:
Dream garage: 2006 Maserati Quattroporte, 2004 Alfa Romeo 147 GTA, 1966 Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto and a 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia QVā€¦ oh there is much more but I donā€™t want to be greedy :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Name: Elias
Cars: Are bikes accepted?
Interests: cars, bikes, driving, WWII stuff, games
How did I find Automation: CMSā€™14 steam discussions
About me: Iā€™m a 16 yrs old lad who seems normal, but isnā€™t. I try to be nice to everyone with varying degrees of success. I donā€™t know how the English language works. I play video games a lot every day, Iā€™m on my computer most of my free time. I worship V8 engines and late 70s/early 80s car design. I like dark humor.
Dream garage: 73ā€™ Moskvitsh Elite 1500, Opel Manta B, Toyota Corolla KE20, 1st gen Buick Riviera, Mitsubishi A6M2 Reisen (whoops thatā€™s not a car)

4 Likes

Name: Prefer not to say, call me Geoff

Interests: Vehicles, building/ physics games, traffic flow, camping, robotics, space, sailing, engineering, classical music, aerodynamics, gas turbines, unique engines.

About: Tinkerer, dreamer, unorganized, curious, patient, introvert, I donā€™t mind darkness, my priorities always seem to differ from the world.

Vehicles Currently Owned: '01 Honda Odyssey:
Surprisingly communicative steering, decent gas mileage, good rear visibility, drives like a boat, but VTEC. :slight_smile:

Dream Garage: Huayra, Regera, Miata, Elio, Swincar, Martin Jetpack, Ripsaw tank, gas turbine electric car, Big Boy steam locomotive, catamaran sailboat with hydrofoils, canoe, road legal aircraft, personal high speed tunnel boring machine, small nuclear submarine, a reusable SSTO.

Previous Vehicles of Interest: Bicycle? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Lego Technic RC cars, tanks, boats, etc.

How did you find us? A friend found the beta several years ago through some Mazda forums and insisted I come over to try it out. I started watching the little dev update videos, then Killrobā€™s new channel, then finally bought the game.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been around for a while and decided to submit now :innocent:

Nickname: Matti (prefer not to disclose my real name)

Interests: (Whatā€™s left of my time) games, computers, sport shooting, dreaming,watching F1/WEC/DTMā€¦

Vehicles Currently Owned: Error 404

Dream Garage Vehicles: Mazda RX-7 FD / MX5 RF, Porsche Cayman/Boxster/911, Nissan Skyline GT-R R32/R33/R34,ā€¦ and a BMW boxer-engined Bike

How did you find us? A friend of mine showed me the game but only I bought it

About: Iā€™m 21 and donā€™t own a car and didnā€™t ever screw around on a car but I want to. Iā€™m bit of motorsport-crazy and the fascination of the internal combustion engine led me to go study automotive engineering. I also dislike electric propulsion.

4 Likes

Name: Aleksandar

Cars that I own: Ford Focus MK1 '04 1.8 TDCI

Interests: Cars, engines, motorcycles, games, technology ā€¦

How did I find Automation: Well i googled it a year ago to see if thereā€™s any type of game, then i saw CT also making some stuff about it, and Matt Farrahā€™s channel, so a month ago i decided to buy a game.

Dream garage: '69 Fastback Mustang, 70ā€™s Mustang Mach I, Corvette [Pretty much all gens], Camaros [All gens pretty much] Fox Body Mustangs, pretty much a lot of mustangs. GM A and B platforms cars, Datsun 240Z, Volkswagen Karman Ghia, MK2 Mini, Fiat 500, Zastava 750, WRX STi, Nissan 300ZX 90ā€™s gen, Ford Crown Victoria police interceptor, BMW E30 M3, BMW E36 E46 E60 M5, Porsche 911 [Older the better], Audi S4 B5, Golf MK2, Golf MK1, 6th gen Civics, Mercedes W124, Honda NSX, Honda S2000, Mazda MX5, Mazda RX-7 ā€¦ honestly the list is huge and i could go on by days enlisting.

To cut it short, i really have love for all types of cars, the list of my dream cars would be huge. But what i really prefer is old american classic cars, 90ā€™s japanese cars, and luxury/sporty european sedans.

About me: Well im 20 year old guy from Croatia, always loved the cars but i really started to love them somewhere around when i was 14. Currently i am student of a Mechanical Engineering, unfortunately i do not have my own garage to work up on some project car and unfortunately i cannot afford one either. However i do have my own daily. Anyways, i am sort of a car enthusiast that appreciates pretty much every type of car market and pretty much almost any sort of build there can be. Ehh, i donā€™t know if thereā€™s anything interesting about me to say, well thatā€™s pretty much it ā€¦

1 Like

Name: Dominik

Cars currently owned: 2013 Toyota GT86, 1991 Toyota Supra 3.0i turbo, 2011 Toyota Auris hybrid

Cars formerly owned: 2006 Opel Astra H GTC 1.6 (now owned by my girlfriend), 1999 Lancia Y 1.2 16V elefantino rosso.

Interests: Gaming, movies, music, PCs, cars

How did I notice Automation: Actually by a Matt Farrah video, back in the early days of the Steam version.

2 Likes

Nickname: Hipiracing, also often Hipination or just Hipi

Occupation: Student of Sales Engineering und Product Management

Interests: Gaming, Drums & Percussion, Music, Handball, Photography, Motorsports

Current Car: 2010 Skoda Fabia Hatchback, 44kW

Dream Garage: Porsche 991 GT2, Porsche 935 ā€œMoby Dickā€, Porsche Super N 308, Jaguar E Type, Corvette C7, Corvette C3, BMW M1, Ferrari 550, Ferrari 365 Calfornia Spyder (and many, many moreā€¦)

How did you find us?
I googled for engineering/ management games, found the YouTube channel and the Steam page, and decided to buy the game

About:
Iā€™m an engineering student from the ā€œRuhrgebietā€, Germany. I was always intersted in vehicles of any kind (cars, planes, ships, planes, etcā€¦), so i decided to study sales engineering with a major in automation and production. I hope to finish my B. Sc. this year and start with the masters.
When I have some time spare I play the drums and a bunch of other percussive instruments.

4 Likes

Interests: Gaming, guitar & music, digital art, cars, anime, engineering.

Current Car: 2016 Vauxhall Mokka

Dream Garage: To name a few:

• Skyline R-34 GT-R
  • Toyota 240z
  • Mk4 Supra
  • '73 Skyline 2000 GT-R
  • '71 Skyline 2000 GT-R
  • Toyota 2000GT
    Call some of them mainstream, but itā€™s what I like :slight_smile:

How did you find us?
I canā€™t remember exactly. Iā€™ve been following the game for a while now, and only recently purchased it. It could possibly have been through the FailRace YouTube channel, but I think I might have discovered the game before that.

About:
Iā€™ve been into engineering most of my life, and Iā€™m looking to go into it as a full time career. Funnily enough, automotive design (especially using CAD) is probably the area Iā€™d most like to go into. In my spare time, I like to play games, play the guitar, watch anime, and dabble in some creative hobbies such as digital art and content creation for games.

3 Likes