IP Automotive LTD (Inactual)

Inspired of the Facel Vega? :slight_smile:

Both Facel and 50-60s Mercedes are sources of inspiration, and then there is only “so much” that you can do with the front end of this body. :slight_smile:

I am not the biggest fan of the designs themselves, but I really like the background given and the presentation of the models and your brand!

Well, you got a proper car there. Feels like it belongs in a classic movie :grin:

A car worthy some mad south-east asian dictator, I guess… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The Brigadeer in it is a nice competitor to Mastin’s Malamute and Rottweiler. The brigadeer is faster for sure, but a bit thirstier.

1 Like

Yes. When the ancient Rugger gets replaced later in the 80s (I blame the complete lack of good 70s minitruck bodies for this :stuck_out_tongue: ), it will have a 4x4 option and even spawn a 4x4 station wagon version, which will be a little bit more road oriented but still offroad capable, with IFS etc. which maybe will be digging a bit into Rottweiler territory too. Think of the Brigadeer as aimed against Patrol/Land Cruiser territory (there was utes of those models too), V8 VIP model even against Range Rover and similar cars, while the 80s Rugger will be aiming at the Nissan Hardbody/Navara/King Cab and its Pathfinder/Terrano sibling, if compared to cars of the real universe. But that’s still some years away…

[patiently waits for IP Mimas release]

1 Like

Yeah, it’s soon 1984… :slight_smile:

to be honest

that car looks really sad/ depressed with these pop-up-headlights

1 Like

The 70s and early 80s was kind of a low period design wise, with many models getting lots of criticism for being just bland or downright ugly. That is going to change in around 1982…at least I hope so.

it will.

when the euro licence-builds roll around :stuck_out_tongue:

[self-promo intensifies]

1 Like

On the other hand, when looking at one model that would have been a competitor to the Pandora…

And one that would have been a competitor to the Commuter…

Maybe the ugliness of those models are a bit…excused.

the lower one is not that bad imo

Maybe I’m just tired of seeing them then, living near to the finnish border, with early 90s Finland being crowded with examples in (most often) mustard yellow, rusted to pieces and not washed in 10 years… :smiley:

But that’s a different story.

Whatever the reason, tastes differ.
I like it (at leas the lower one), you don´t.

[sits down and continues waiting patiently for 1984]

The 3rd-gen Celestia’s taillights are too modern for its boxy 80s body - they look more appropriate on something from the late 90s/early 00s. Ditto for the front bumper vents.

Ansichtssache. Round tailights were always round.

Yes, I agree with you to be honest, the whole design became sort of too modern for 1982 in the end. I probably wouldn’t have used this body either if I did this car today, rather some of the boxier 70s bodies available as mods, but there was a little fewer of both bodies and fixtures to choose between before I knew how to download the mods, and always a fiddling between what’s looking good and what’s period correct.

Regarding the taillights, I was not really clear what to do with the first generation, using the Cortina inspired body, with its slanted fins that was a bit hard to do something with, so finally I decided to put some round lights in a vent of this shape, it looked quite good and not out of place, and I decided that it would be something of a styling trademark for future generations, but somehow I agree that they became a bit too modern here too, strangely enough.

But, 1982-83 was the time when streamlining was coming at a steady pace with Audi 100, Ford Sierra etc. - and in a parallell universe, this could have been done in 1982, it isn’t completely unrealistic. In our world, however, I wonder if the market would have been ready for it?

Did not expect the gearbox to survive for that long.
Also:
that thing has real long gearing iirc

how is it gonna move with 107hp compared to a (potentially) significantly stronger Mimas?