Killrob’s LCV3 Fruinian Supercars - Merano

I have now updated the OP with an overview table of how far I have come with making the design competition content. That is how we can keep track of where things are.

Here is a the current status… really taking my time on every car so far, I think I have to speed things up a bit :stuck_out_tongue:

Current Competition Judging / Video Progress

Car Name Public Openbeta Winner BeamNG Edited Uploaded Released
Titus X X - - - - -
Verdini X X - - - - -
Dalius X X - - - - -
Artemis X X - - - - -
Avantis X X - - - - -
Ultegra X X - - - - -
Vega X X - - - - -
Freccetta X X - - - - -
Vivace X - - - - - -
Allegro X - - - - - -

Public is not fully judged yet, 3 more contestants seem to have used public where I thought they were on openbeta… the pink steel rims gave it way. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Take your time:) quality takes time and we are patient:)

Oh no! I emailed 10 cars to you a few days ago, and it doesn’t look like they’re on that entry list. Perhaps they were lost in your inbox :grimacing:.

@BF94387 Ohh, I do see them in my inbox! So I must have missed them. Which version did you build the cars in? Public or openbeta? I will have to correct that mistake, so I hope it is openbeta :stuck_out_tongue: because then I can just continue as is. :smiley:

Public. Woah, almost had a heart attack :joy:

Ok, that was last second then :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll go through and add them into my judging recordings.
Edit: I just imported your cars, no issues at all, so they’ll be in the competition as they should. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great to hear. Thanks!

Uhgh, just noticed I didn’t put my Dalius in the package! Dammit! I knew I forgot something :neutral_face:

And that naming thing was pretty careless on my part. Sorry about that :upside_down_face:

Worse was you not properly cloning the car that you also didn’t name properly xD so that ended up overwriting saddiseased’s car (he fucked up a lot in everything but designing the cars :stuck_out_tongue: ) that I had already judged, so you got really lucky there.

1 Like

:sweat_smile: I really should’ve devoted a bit more time to checking that everything was setup properly.

Noted for next time.

Here is a the current status…

Titus X X X - - - -
Verdini X X X - - - -
Dalius X X x - - - -
Artemis x X - - - - -
Avantis x X - - - - -
Ultegra x X - - - - -
Vega x X - - - - -
Freccetta x X - - - - -
Vivace x X - - - - -
Allegro x X - - - - -

x = mostly done / decided
X = done / decided

Public is not fully judged yet, 3 more contestants seem to have used public where I thought they were on openbeta… the pink steel rims gave it way. :stuck_out_tongue: Things are going well though, takes tons of time, total recording length so far is 12h 37min (!)

It will take another evening or two to get through the remaining cars.

7 Likes

Didn’t realize you were gonna judge and record all 160 something cars in one go, must be an absolute pain! :sweat_smile: I thought you were gonna have a weekly schedule or something so you can have smaller more relaxed judging sessions. That being said, how is the uploading gonna work?

Because of the version switching and stuff it is more efficient to do it all at once. The editing and uploading will then be more staggered, and I plan on making 20 or 21 videos on the competition in total, one judging and one winner showcase plus driving video per category. :slight_smile: Then maybe a summary video with some cool stats and a download to all the winning cars thrown in.

2 Likes

Titus X X X - - - -
Verdini X X X - - - -
Dalius X X X - - - -
Artemis X X X - - - -
Avantis X X X - - - -
Ultegra X X X - - - -
Vega X X X - - - -
Freccetta X X X - - - -
Vivace X X X - - - -
Allegro X X X - - - -

X = done / decided

All judging content is now recorded, 14h 17min in 41 segments that need to be edited together.
Next up is taking a look at the winners in Automation, doing a quick photoshoot to showcase the winning car from its best angle, and then off to the track to testdrive in BeamNG. Still lots to do!

Cheers

8 Likes

Any progress my dude? Not rushing, just asking, I don’t know, maybe you are doing something more important currently and I shouldn’t be bothering you. :grimacing:

Titus X X X X X X x
Verdini X X X - x - -
Dalius X X X - x - -
Artemis X X X - x - -
Avantis X X X - x - -
Ultegra X X X - - - -
Vega X X X - - - -
Freccetta X X X - - - -
Vivace X X X - - - -
Allegro X X X - - - -

X = done / decided
x = done for judging video but not for BeamNG video

So as you can see we’re now getting into releasing the first judging videos :slight_smile: I hope to get some BeamNG videos recorded this evening so that I can get into a release cycle of
Day 1) judging video
Day 2) Beam video
Day 3) PCM :stuck_out_tongue:
, repeat.

The first judging video is now online!

Cheers!

7 Likes

Now that the Titus round is up, I think it’s pretty safe to assume I can show my cars now :smile:

Titus

Verdini

Dalius

Artemis

Avantis

Allegro

3 Likes

Your proposals for the Allegro and Fercetta are quite striking and extroverted, in contrast to MGR’s proposals for those two models; they would not be out of place in Burnout 3: Takedown (or its successor, Burnout Revenge). Well done.

1 Like

Titus X X X X X X X
Verdini X X X X X X X
Dalius X X X X X X X
Artemis X X X X X X X
Avantis X X X X X X X
Ultegra X X X X X X X
Vega X X X X X X X
Freccetta X X X X X X X
Vivace X X X X X X x
Allegro X X X X X X -

X = done / decided
x = done for judging video but not for BeamNG video

As you can see, now the video release pipeline is prepared for the coming days / weeks. Also the weekend is coming up, so I should be able to get through recording and editing the rest of the content. :slight_smile:
The Verdini judging video is coming up in a few hours, the testdrive video 24h later.
Cheers!

Edit: Now at the end of the weekend I’m all done with recording the individual episodes and have edited all 20 videos, just the summary / stats video is missing, but according to schedule that will have to come out in 26 days, so there is plenty of time. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

We’re getting to the end of the judging and testdriving, here are the 9 winning cars so far. Please note though that they are not exactly the way they were originally crafted, as the new paint system does not have them ported 1 to 1. The Ultegra is an unfortunate car as its body did change between the previous openbeta and public, so the rear of the car is more or less gone. :frowning: That of course doesn’t make the car undrivable though :wink:

Edit: Here are the winning cars for you to download and drive:
Merano OCD Winners.zip (177.9 KB)

Cheers!

4 Likes