Killrob’s “The Fastest Cars in the World” Challenge

I finished the game, but failed the challenge. The engineering time on the last car took so long, the game ended before I could sell any cars (production started December 2019). Not that it would’ve mattered though, even if I had extra time. I chewed through all my profits from the “2002” car just trying to build it.

Round 2 will have more reasonable numbers. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Part 6 (1984-1992) for Hollandia is now up (with a small delay). Made great profits this time!

Done, Finally !

2.01 difficulty
Didn’t use a designer so the engineering time for the last designs was long.

All cars were V12 except the one designed in 1984 which were a v8 turbo because of engine bay size.:disappointed_relieved:

Totally forgot about the lead ban, but Gasmea saved me.
I used 98 octane fuel on the “insane speed trim” so it could only be sold in Gasmea when it opened up.

Best selling car was the 1992 Slow trim with 349600 cars sold. made a profit at about 60 mil a month. :heart_eyes:

Herzig Auto

Final month

Best selling car

Great challenge! :grin: It took some work.

2 Likes

Single seater cars are OP :joy:
100x folded my starting cash of 250k @ 2.01 difficulty
Actually had to buy a second factory as the first one was on a medium plot… ended up with a large 3 factory. Only one model was in production at the time though.

And ffs, I messed up the name at the start, should have gone with Dragenberg or something.

I sure was lucky with the economy…

My target audiences

Aand my best selling car, hitting +300M a month, although being the last one, Sephiroth!
Here in its “budget” spec, “Advance”.

Incredibly fun challenge, @Killrob, thanks! :grinning:
Here’s the campaign file itself for those who want to take a look:

Dragotec_03-05-17 18-43-09.zip (1.6 MB)

I don’t think I would’ve made a good youtuber though.

3 Likes

I updated the OP again, new videos are up! If you haven’t linked your latest one here yet, please do so I can put it up! :slight_smile:

Finally, the third episode!

Episode 5 https://youtu.be/mmmDZVEhTcw

I’m way late to the party but I’m also joining on the fun. I’ve made a playlist (up to part 6 as i post this) if anyone is curious : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTJ9C2rSpZUksePiTy9iSheQLPo55KBRf (no commentaries, sorry. Also i didn’t turn on the recording between 1946 and 1955 so part 1 just shows setup and the car’s stats)

#[color=#dd6600]DuesenBAM - 1984-92 (Part 5/8)[/color]

A bit late, but here’s the fifth episode:

3 Likes

All new episodes are added to the OP once again, episode 6/8 now out. Good stuff, guys! :smiley:

#[color=#dd6600]DuesenBAM - 1992-2002 (Part 6/8)[/color]

And another one, entering the new millenium!

3 Likes

Hey all, the delay in my episodes is for two reasons:

1. Personal commitments meaning that I can’t record anything

2. Trying to work out how to work out how to make enough money from my '75 car to fund the '84 project. Anyone got any hints and tips? (I can do the '75 bit but never quite have enough to fund production of the '84) :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So the slow versions still have massive problems being competitive in that case? Did you try to make 3 version: WR, ultra-luxury, and premium?

• Do a rough design that hits the desired top speed - if you go turbocharged for the engine, make the boost buildup as smooth as possible and/or don’t use too much boost - drivability is key

• Go through every single option in the ‘trim’ menus and min-max for competitiveness.

84 was the toughest for me, only hitting 1 km/h over record speed, while on all the others I tried to go over as much as I could.

Yeah, the fact that I4s aren’t very desirable to the luxury categories doesn’t help, nor the fact that that to make enough power to reach the top speeds they have to be completely undrivable :stuck_out_tongue:

But I won’t give up, this must be possible!

nope. i got sick of it. i’m not doing it again. good while it lasted… twice. but nope. not again…
it made me quite frustrated :anger:

that said i have other ideas

Done @2.03 difficulty.

After the peak in the economy in the late 80’s I was very scared for the last 2 cars, so much that i cut down on factory expansions and R&D to save money.

1 Like

Here the economic graph:

2 Likes

That off-the-charts economy, yo! Crazy times :slight_smile:

Man, that would really help sell my completely undrivable 80’s deathtrap!