Killrob’s “The Fastest Cars in the World” Challenge

Micromamagement. You will have to adjust the amount of cars being produce and their markup constantly. It seems to be the only way.

Also what valvetrain are you guys starting with?

Yes I micromanage every month, is the best way to not lose shit tons of money while building. But I don’t know what kind of targets I should be setting or whether even the one model at any time only is a good starting strategy, or should I just by a second lot and keep selling the first car… :thinking:

Also yes the valvetrain question is good. DAOHC was good for me to get kicked off without blowing out engineering times, then for a while I thought maybe I want to get engineering familiarity early, so I attempted to use DOHC, and that tended to make things much harder…

Uhh I think you have missed something essential about the lite campaign, @strop. When you design a new car and use the same factory for it, engineering goes in parallel to production and production is cancelled automatically when it needs to, usually 3-6 months before the new car actually goes into production. So I fear you are trying to solve a problem that doesn’t exist, or I misunderstood you, or you expressed yourself weirdly.

1 Like

More like I created a new problem for myself due to imposing a restriction on myself to manually cancel builds, without checking what it would do if I didn’t :joy: I really need to watch the dev videos when I get the time.

wow… micromanaging monthly?

even i do it yearly, because, well you know, the economy only changes yearly

1 Like

No, the economy changes monthly, but I also micromanage more yearly than monthly :slight_smile:

I guess when you’re as recklessly aggressive with the overheads as I am, you need to maximise that cash flow :joy:

@Killrob but i’ve never seen the economy change mid year, from going up to down or vice versa?

@strop i’m going with a 1 engine setup and 1 valvetrain setup. and i picked V8 with DOHC 4 valves. how did you think i faired?

Actually if you pick your demographic right it’s doable. See Der Bayer’s attempt for proof… not mine :wink:

@koolkei Check your Market Sizes, advance a month, see them change.

That didn’t go well. I wasn’t paying attention to the safety stats when designing the X-car. And while it was the 1st model I designed that would’ve turned a profit, I ended up being unable to sell anything. :sob:

Back to the drawing board!

LOL I made the same mistake! :laughing:

2 Likes

I mean i know they change per mknth, but i was asking about the general trend in a year. Is it possible that the market stopped growing mid year, and go back down?

Because if it is possible, i must’ve never noticed it then

Yes, that is entirely possible to happen, economy is month based and the trends not year based either.

Yeah, can I just say, this sucks for trying to make a decent start? :joy:

FRUINIA WHY U STRUGGLE EVEN MORE THAN ARCHANA :tired_face:

(should have seen the demographics tab, even worse. I made track and GT P trims… both markets contracted. Come 1955, I made a convertible because that was totally exploding, yes, I made a 300km/h convertible in 1955 and it was gonna sell a mint… unfortunately that market also imploded, RIP GriffinBerg…)

edit: take 13… this time tried track premium… market started shrinking like crazy the moment I started selling into it… is this part of the game mechanic or do I just have shitty luck and should branch out more?

2 Likes

Alright, I finished the campaign using only inline 6 engines. In the end, I managed to have B$6 in the bank (40 times my starting money) and 20,000 cars in stock (as I was surprised that the campaign ended at the very beginning of 2020 and not at the end :smiley: ). Overall I sold more than 1.8 million inline 6 monsters, the Automation world apparently loves unreliable supercars! I’m looking forward to uploading the videos!

5 Likes

I expected all less, all hail DuesenBAM!

Which demographic did you start targeting? I’m aware that it depends on economy, but either I’m having terrible luck or I can’t predict the game’s future for nuts. I have no trouble making the car competitive, my problem is that I can never match demand and don’t make enough money initially.

You need to target all high end categories: first GT Premium and if possible GT and some of the other sport premium categories (the further down you can go the better the volume you can sell). Once Gasmea opens it is time to shift from a Small factory to a medium one. That is very roughly what I think would work.

@Der_Bayer Awesome, really looking forward to watching your videos, I have no clue how you managed to beast-mode your way through it all with I6 engines xD cheers!

right…

(if you don’t want any hints/helps/spoilers, don’t click)

[spoiler]

on your 1964 car, you have to make a trim of either

1. that runs on 80 RON fuel (the route i took. yes. 280km/h on 80RON, fuck that was a headache)

2. make it super good and make lots of money and hope that you can survive about 2 years of not selling any cars between the leaded fuel ban of 1978 until when your 1975 car is done being engineered.

glad i figured that out super early.

[/spoiler]

1 Like

#[color=#dd6600] DuesenBAM playthrough - Challenge Setup (Part 0/8)[/color]

5 Likes

can you just show your cars here or do you have to upload them as videos