Killrob’s “The Fastest Cars in the World” Challenge

Hollandia - 1955-64 (Part 3)

Hooooo boy I think that’s where it all goes to pieces :joy:

But in all seriousness I will come back to this challenge in a few weeks once exam is over and I’m back from my trip.

3 Likes

Part 2 1st try bankruptcy, 2nd try bankruptcy, 3rd try lua error…

Nein! Germany can’t lose! :scream:

1 Like

Where is Germany losing then??

Spoiler: 4th try no bancruptcy and 40mil $ to engieneer a supercar :smiley: I don’t see the any problems.

1 Like

Well, this is going waaayyyy better than expected :confused:
@ difficulty level 2.03

1 Like

Fun challenge. I started with exactly the same parameters as Killrob suggested in the video.

Currently I’m up to 1984, still have about $200M in the bank (most of my cars are JUST breaking even for me financially, but I’m selling around 100/month. My Model 4 is profiting nicely though), but this new car is killing me. If I get it all right to hit 240+mph, it will take 12 years to engineer it, due to the aero. If I drop that down, the car tops out around 230mph. I’ll have to give it another go tomorrow. I think I can do it

The '84 one was really tough. With a lot of time into min-maxing stats, I got it to do exactly 1 km/h over record speed with M$380 engineering cost and about 6 years to engineer. (You can tank down the reliability sliders for engineering pretty far)

Went to edit Part 2 and I noticed the raw video file was almost 2 hours long… I edited and got it down to less then 30 min. I think I did too many trims also there is a surprised in it too XD

the date you enter the market is too late. as I said, reduce reliability and enter the market as fast as possible. I’d even max the funding. I got my first car out in 2y 6m so that I could begin selling while the car body was still “cool” in '48 so I had about 3 years of sales time ahead of anything you could sell in the 50’s

I’ll just note here that you’re taking a different approach to koolkei here since koolkei decided to use DOHC, which generally means a viable engine will take at the very least until the end of 1949 to engineer.

Also selling less desirable cars in small quantities for longer doesn’t help if the economy tanks every single time and halts whatever sales I have hahaha.

1 Like

Are you sure you have your dates right? Perhaps you should show us a screenshot, if you can.

EDIT: or did you use a lot of negative tech sliders? That won’t take much time off though.

EDIT 2: I just checked again. The minimum time (assuming no engineers and zero tech sliders) to make a v12 with DOHC-4 in 1946 is 52 months. So unless you’re doing something very weird or plain not what you said you’re doing, there’s no way you’re releasing the cars within 2y6m. I can reduce this to 50 months by using really suboptimal exhaust and dropping the redline but that would hurt the engine performance a lot.

oh yeah, you’re right. sorry about that. that was starting with an inline 6 because the first car is the hardest to release. the downside is that you kind of have to switch to the v12 for the second car onward in order to meet the top speed requirement and if the first set of cars don’t sell well you won’t have the money for engineering. with the second car the idea is to make enough to start research. unfortunately I didn’t get that far because I keep getting bugs, so I can’t even play the game. really can’t wait for the big update.

LOL okay.

Then again Der Bayer got through the entire thing on insane difficulty with inline 6 quite easily… that could be a good starting point tbh :thinking:

I couldn’t beat the speed record in the 50’s with an inline 6, although I could meet the minimum easily since I got to 160mph but I wanted to make this challenge harder than it already is and try to set my minimum to the record target speed. so for that inline 6 isn’t enough, unless you do a drastically different game setup than I did.

well after watching that video it makes me think the game was bugging out already as I designed my second car because I tried everything and it seemed impossible to reach 183mph with an inline 6. not sure why my game hates me so much.

Not to rain on anyone’s parade, but you can definitely get to 183 mph with an I6 if I can get there with an I4!

3 Likes

The second episode is now out, post your designs and videos :slight_smile: how did you get across this pretty tough second hurdle?
I updated the OP with the most recent uploads of the various LPs. Cheers!

2 Likes

575 horses. As simple as that :smiley:

// design will be posted later

brute force approach ftw xD

3 Likes