King of the Hill (Round 6)

Well that’s definitely one thing I tend to assume too much: disc brakes are always cost effective. But they aren’t! Also I do love my fat tyres, but it seemed making them narrrower just hurt the performance in general.

Awesome, I won :slight_smile: I won’t publish the car until you showed yours in your company thread.

A new challenge is in preparation. Historic and racy. Expect something in the evening. :checkered_flag:

3 Likes

:sob: I’m so bad at old cars

:grin: maybe I have a chance!

3 Likes

expect a roller coaster of emotion coming.

Yeah, I’m terrible with old cars. I’m pretty terrible at getting good numbers in general.

#Payback Time - Le Mans 1964

The year is 1963 and the CEO of Furt Motor Company has approached your small engineering team with an extremely important and urgent request: He just failed at buying out the whole Firrara company, and now it is time for retaliation. There’s no better alternative than hitting them right at their heart, their ever-ruling racing division. Next year it is time to show them who’s the boss, and the place for that - of course - is Le Mans. Unfortunately, Furt has no department capable of achieving this, so external help is necessary. Can you provide a Le Mans race car able to write history?

Your entry will be judged depending on finishing chance and estimated number of laps in the race.

You have a limited budget you can spend on a number of cars - the car price (market tab @ 0% markup) determines how many cars you can take to the race (max. 8 cars).

Drivability and Car Reliability determine your finishing chances. So try to balance out performance and reliability. If you want to increase your finishing chances with more cars, they have to be cheaper. But will they be fast enough in the first place? You have to make dead sure that you win the race.

The base for your car performance is the lap time on the provided track. Depending on your fuel consumption you will have to pit after some laps (fixed fuel tank size). Each fuel stop takes an estimated 2 minutes. Tyre wear is neglected. The provided spreadsheet does all the work for you. Just put in your values and read the results. You can see the exact formulas used there and you can download the spreadsheet, too.

A minimum safety requirement is set as Furt does not want to kill all the drivers like the other teams do.

Rules

• Year - 1970 (yes, this is intended, we need some extra tech)
  • Budget: $200,000 → Market tab @0% * number of cars
  • Engineering Time: 300 in total (engine + car)
  • Minimum safety: 20

Forbidden Parts & Car Bodies

• monocoque
  • power steering
  • hydropneumatic suspension
  • wings (lips are allowed)
  • longtail version of Sillyworld’s 70s race car
  • 60s Mid-Engined Coupe by Corvette6317 (Workshop variant)

Track: Le Mans 1957 - 13.461 km per lap
Le Mans 1956-67.zip (1.8 MB)

Evaluation Spreadsheet

Google Drive File

Furt’s Spies have gotten their hands on a few blueprints of an early Firrara prototype for next year’s 24h race. Use that as a benchmark for your development:

Please send your car export to me and post screenshots of your lap time and main engine and car stats (Overview) here.

DEADLINE: Tuesday, January 10, 8 p.m. CET

Questions? Please go ahead and ask! :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Hahahaha omg best historical challenge premise ever.

Time to attempt a good fuck you to, er, Firrara :laughing:

Edit: question, given there is a probability of finishing, does simply the number matter, or will there be a roll to determine if the cars actually do finish the race?

1 Like

that Gran tour story influence…

Only the number matters. There won’t be an actual race.

What would the race fuel be then?

My car currently has this number…
I’ll leave you to wonder what that means :wink:

Everything not explicitly mentioned in the rules is completely up to you.

just cheaking that the none long tail race car body is avalible cause if it is…

If this is what you’re wondering about[quote=“Der_Bayer, post:55, topic:19378”]
Forbidden Parts & Car Bodies: longtail version of Sillyworld’s 70s race car
[/quote]

yeah I’m making sure the regular vesion is all good to use

oh yes, that is allowed

:smirk:

A rough draft:

Yeah, gonna pound your sorry butt into oblivion Firrara :joy:

1 Like

as usual. it’s either me or you. i always some other meaning in your posts

r/nocontext

Yeah, gonna pound your sorry butt into oblivion Firrara