King of the Hill (Round 6)

Either way is good to me, I’ll only make my build after Jan/23

Stats Fixed, track time still counts for more, but other stats will always help now, instead of hinder I had foolishly made the bonuses progressive (not what I intended) they now have diminishing returns

Updated Kappa time to reflect changes

2 Likes

I take it the engine HAS to be turbocharged? Because the poor thing would be much happier without it.

So would the turbos with no restriction.

1 Like

Fair enough :slight_smile:

EDIT: The rules say launch control, which is not available. I’m going to assume you meant traction control.

I assumed it was a trick :slight_smile:

My car got corrupted…I have trim-saving problem again so I hope I’ll manage to rebuild it in time.

I was suspicious as well, that’s why I asked. :smiley:

My intent was to say no traction control, but it is too late to edit that rule to say traction control. So, it will stand, if YOU use Traction control I’m not going to get angry, because the post CLEARLY says Launch Control.

/headwall

I really don’t know why it has to be an I4.

Edit: TFW you have a SOHC V6 that beats the pants of a DOHC I4.

WRC regs didn’t permit V6’s under Grp A. and still dont.

1990 rules: No cylinder or cylinder arrangement limit I could find. Free to use V, Boxer, Inline.
Current Group A, N rules: Six cylinder limit for Rally only. Free to use V, Boxer, Inline.

It just so happens that manufacturers mostly stick to cars with inline-4s. The notable exception is Subaru using boxers.

Considering power is being limited by the tiny compressor, I don’t think it’s surprising that a V6 with two same size compressors is better off than an I4 with one. Had V6s been allowed, everybody would have built one.

At this point (in my opinion) it has to be an I4 because that is what the rules said and people have put time in building engines and cars. If V6 engines or 3 litre V12 engines suddenly became allowed, it might as well be a new challenge entirely.

1 Like

This is the exact reason, since this is a game to simulate production cars, we cannot put things like a restrictor plate in, which would allow for the setup of other engines. But if you build any of the V lay out engines and use a 34mm compressor (x2) then ya, they perform better, they let in WAY more air.

By limiting it to an I4 it also pairs very well with what this is based on.

Group A specifically prohibits raised-tread ‘chunky’ tires.

The peak course was mostly paved in 1993. The 2012 version in the download is completely paved.

The advantage gained in Offroad score using those tires is totally negated by the higher lap-times and lower driveability compared to Medium tires.

I’ve already gotten under 11-minute times with the rules posted, but the difference is big enough to keep in mind.

I won’t have time to improve this thing, or probably even read up on the action in the next couple of days, so I’m going to have to post it now.

1 Like

That’s a handsome (?) motor vehicle right there.

Overdose of early 90s.

The real money shot.

2 Likes

Tomorrow this round ends, I have only received one entry.

How much time until deadline?
RL is taking a lot of my time, but I think I’ll be able to send a entry to you just by deadline.

A pretty terrible car but w/e.

2 Likes

Oh well, here’s my entry

2 Likes