King of the Hill (Round 6)

Hopefully, more entrants should show up for the next round, no matter what the requirements will be.

Edit: @Lordred the flavor text was more entertaining than it was for any previous round, and in fact, by reading it, I somehow remembered exactly how Group A collapsed in real life - not just in rallying, but in touring cars, which had also used the same format.

1 Like

Although brief, was it entertaining to read?

3 Likes

Yes, it was really good to read!

Right. The Cliffhanger.

First of all, that is a pretty good body for slow and twisty racing, especially if there is an off-road component. You can fit a pretty large engine (even with 4x4, considering), it has near perfect weight distribution and can fit wide tires both back and front. All of the above quickly starts to lose importance on a high speed racetrack because the aero coefficient is abysimal, but here it seemed to fit right in.

I had +6 quality in bodywork and +15 quality in fixtures, because these improve your stats, offroad in particular. The chassis was corrosion resistant steel, because that also increases Offroad and the bodywork was aluminium, because it is both corrosion resistant and because I wouldn’t have gotten near the weight limit otherwise (esp with bodywork quality adding weight).

I went 70+ cam, high compression, mid-low boost on the engine, which wasn’t that great for offroad and was averageish for performance, but helped a LOT in drivability.

As you can see on the pictures, I went with a rear wing and an extra-wide AeroBar ™ on the front. Active wing bought several seconds on the track. Traction control was allowed, so that was in, and undercooling wasn’t disallowed (since the rules post said if it isn’t in this post it isn’t a rule) so I did that also, though the latter didn’t make much of an impact compared to the massive face area of the car. Hydropneumatic suspension seemed to be best for both drivability and offroad.

I think that covers all the novel bits…

6 Likes

All great points, but the collapse of Group A, combined with the success of your entry, would have forced the WRC to allow only lightly modified road cars with no aero appendages… And the engines would also have to be smaller. Oh, and while they’re at it, they might even require the cars to have only one pair of driven wheels. In short, a completely new rule set would have been required.

Did my entry flunk tech somehow or was the offroad so low it didn’t rate?

You never sent an entry.

Would’ve been nice to hear that earlier. I think I still have it saved.

Edit: WORKSHOP ITEM LINKS TO MODS REQUIRED (I rather have no mods but w/e)

Eternal President General Mwabudike of Africa needs a new car after 20 years.

• lots of hp because low power is a sign of colonial oppression and insufficient manhood
  • a stately luxury saloon to impress foreign dignitaries and his peoples alike
  • it has to be comfortable and easy to drive. If Eternal President General is disrupted in his nap, heads will roll.
  • offroad tyrers and awd are a must because of the terrible roads
  • price is of no concern because eternal president general deserves only the very best
  • service costs must be as low as possible because the country is full of uneducated people that cannot fix cars properly
  • the car has to be quiet to not drown out the noise of the praising crowds
  • has to be fast in case of a coup to get to the airport as quickly as possible (current ATT 2:23.40)
  • has to use regular fuel
  • has to be road legal in other countries he visits so race exhausts, intakes are disallowed and catalysts are required
  • good looks and performance and economy
  • You may not make the Eternal President General an international mockery

Any complaints about the requirements have to be brought to the Eternal President General himself. However you should be informed the last one to question the Eternal President General was arrested for treason, tried and executed.

To recap:
Car year: 2017
Body: Sedan, 4+ seats
Engine: No race parts, regular fuel, catalytic converter, quiet
Drive train: AWD
Tyres: Offroad
Judgement: Fickle, Eternal President General will pick one he likes according to divine judgement.

Due date: I wanted to say next Friday but the rules say only one week so uh, finish it by Wednesday, 0:00 CET.
Naming: KOTH5 - Your name

The Eternal President General’s current car. Yes it violates some of the rules because he liked it. Also his wine cellar was magically filled too.

9 Likes

Greetings Eternal President General Mwabudike

We here at Leeroy Customs would humbly ask your permission to submit our proposal for your next vehicle…

Presenting the Leeroy Customs Bastion!!!

Everything about this car has been designed to maximise your personal image: The white paint signifies the purity of your reign and also shows you’re humble enough to drive in a car of the same colour as your people. The chrome signifies your shining vision for your country and serves as a distraction to those who would dare to attempt to harm you. The classic proportions of it’s design signify your commitment to continue to build upon the glorious history of your nation, while the LED fixtures showcase your forward-looking determination to keep your nation as No. 1!

The engine is of the people, the powerhouse of your nation, and it symbolises their determination to enable you to reach your destination without fuss or protest. The hand-crafted interior and luxury stereo equipment symbolises your peoples willingness to ensure you have all that you desire and the safety features reflect on your millitary might; as they keep your nation safe, so does the airbags and the crumple zones of this Bastion.

It is also safe to say that you’ll be the envy of every world leader and you will have demonstrated your typical wise foresight in getting your Bastion before they become cool!

When you’re ready to order, contact me at the Moldovan embassy…

Yours grovellingly

Costa Rica.
Special sales, Leeroy Racing

Buy better, buy Bogliq!

8 Likes

dude this is fk’n awesome :laughing:

agreed, man, there’s many limos out there but that one looks ultra boss.

New rule!
If you use a mod you better give me a link in the workshop. Else I will pretend the car got held up by customs or the ship seized or something.

I can’t be expected to go through the workshop to find all the stuff!

Case in point: the Leeroy Customs Bastion was not properly unloaded from the ship. A cable was not tied properly and the car rolled out of its cargo container and rammed itself straight into the pier.

Total damage. I shall await the replacement model! (link to workshop item)

I won’t be able to send you a entry then, because I use so many mods that I wouldn’t be able to find them all. Sorry.

1 Like

If you can’t even provide a link to a collection, I agree. You can’t expect people to have every item. If the car won’t load, it’s quite pointless.

Use some common sense building the cars. That wouldn’t be an issue if the game were able to fetch all mods but here we are.

I can’t because there are some mods that are old and lost between lots of collections, so are hard to find and I’m with too little time to do that. I’m just telling you that other people like me won’t be able to enter because of that.
But I expect this to be a nice round and I’ll keep watching, looks like it’ll be fun to read the reviews, just like the others.

This competition does not require any visual design at all, so you don’t have to worry about fixtures. All you have to do is know what mod your car body comes from.

1 Like

True, sorry to mess the thread.

The mod file I’m using has been withdrawn from the Workshop so I’ll have to re-submit :sob:

EDIT: I may have found the mod body I used!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=738217633&searchtext=

I won’t win but I had a LOT of fun with the whole process :laughing:

2 Likes

A new Bogliq was delivered. In a first preliminary test the Eternal President General promptly fell asleep in the seats.

More as the situation develops.

1 Like