King of the Hill (Round 6)

just make your tyres bigger, it helps…

Driveability in a MR-car… lemme see… so, wider tyres, tyrestagger and higher quality on tires and suspension. And balance the brakes.

they’re 285s, but I forgot about tyre stagger…

ohh, nvm I have 295s and like no wheelspin so I assumed that was it…

The version with less variants is the vanilla one.

Wow, you guys have gone overhead with tyrewidth… I got 235’s in the rear and got 5-6 procent wheelspin

are your laptimes around the 3:45 mark or lower then?

3:38’s :smiley:

3:55’s…yeah.

fortunately. speed doesn’t matter :stuck_out_tongue:

@strop @thecarlover Yes, the legit one is the one with the fewer variants. I’ll exclude the workshop body. Thanks for pointing out.

Firrara heard of Furt’s activities and put a lot of effort into developing a brand new car for next year. Seems like your spy got some old blueprints at first.

Just to make this a bit more interesting :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That’s more like it!

Grid ghost probably has a much faster car than I do. But mine is far more frugal… And therefore still gets more laps in. Good balancing exercise, now I have to alter the balance to squeeze out a few more laps, I think?

1 Like

I think I have a 427 Cammer that would be useful here…

Time to dust off the laptop. I clearly wasted my day actually working on my real car instead of a Furt Jee-Tea.

@Der_Bayer there seems to be a change to the spreadsheet, where the formula doesn’t quite work properly. For the formular for “finishing chance per car”, should C14 be C15?

Edit: hahar, I still got your measure :wink: Firrara is going doooooown!

Alright, fixed it. Thanks for letting me know. It was wrong for about 11.5 hours. I don’t know why the cell protection did not work…

indeed very odd, given just how fiercely it was blocking me from copying the formula :joy:

Also, when exceeding the stats, what would be more important, the chance of winning, the number of laps, or just aim as high as possible for both?

Both, as 80% finishing chance for Firrara indicates that they will very likely make it to the end. Furt wants to be more reliable if possible and they are very scared of possible performance improvements of Firrara, too. So a few laps more would be very nice, too.

Btw: The approach of going there with 8 cars, sacrificing 4 of them to take out the Firraras and cruising to victory is not recommended, as Furt does not want to lose their reputation.:smile:

1 Like

ok, well, since I do not have very much time, here will be my car:

It’s a horrendous mock-up, but it was fun and I think you will find it gets the job done with some margin to spare :wink: though there may be quite a bit more in other approaches, this one just happened to work for me and I’m not really needing to be KoTH next round…

7 Likes

since I revealed this in discord:

1 Like