King of the Hill (Round 6)

Impressive, should that be legit I’m definitely not king of this Hill!

(If I may ask, since I already submitted, which body did you use?)

my earlier questions may answer that and yes it is legit

I’ve always had trouble with that body… I just find it really heavy and expensive to build with and it has a higher cd.

Perhaps I’ve over budgeted for each car and could have saved several laps going for something more frugal. I didn’t do any number crunching.

Really, I found it fairly easy for this

Ah bummer…I would gladly undercool here :slight_smile:

Not sure if I should drop one car in favour of some extra laps :grin:

1 Like

What is the goal here exactly? Are we shooting for highest finishing chance or most laps or a combo of laps and finishing chance?

Well…

4 Likes

Good thing you posted that, I’d completely missed it. Should be a quick fix, I should be able to resubmit within the next couple of days, sorry for the trouble Der_Bayer.

I was up to 418 laps, seriously undercooled though.

1 Like

Looks like I didn’t look hard enough at some of the bodies. Or I simply didn’t look hard enough. I also forgot about the cooling rule LOL.

Maybe I should not actually do challenges until I can put in some proper time and thought into them :joy:

My car is shit.

Someone please tell me, why am I so terrible at this game :cry:

You are using the non-longtail version right. I.e. not the version with a base cd of 0.406? Coz that’s banned for this round for… obvious reasons.

The short-tailed version (which I am planning to use) is not prohibited from use in this round as far as I am aware. Or is it? If it is, I’ll just use another body.

The long tail version is about a second faster round the track then my car is currently so yes I am using the short tail that is legal

As i don’t have any more time on my hands i’ll send it in as is.

I give you the Scarab Cirrus LeMans:

3 Likes

OHHHHHHH I know what I forgot to do.

Instead of trying to reduce the cooling, I should have increased the stroke. Like, a lot. The change on reliability wouldn’t have been too bad if I sunk some Tech into the internals.

Also wondering how much engine layout matters in this instance. I didn’t play with that either. And i just went with a v8 assuming it would be easiest to use, but what if a v6 fit better???

So many things I didn’t bother looking at, I’m getting sloppy.

3 Likes

The question is, with how many cars :wink:

1 Like

Well, I’m not going to win but can’t ignore a chance to have some fun with some 1970’s Le Mans. Hopefully I’ll learn something from this one though.

RKT-3M

8 Likes

Squeezed a bit more of everything and sent in full flot of 8 cars :slight_smile:

EDIT: forgor about that one, sorry:

6 Likes

You utter f***ing madman :grinning: that is brilliant!

4 Likes

Niiice and fr too! Hilarious. I’m impressed you got the weight down so low but as usual there’s no replacement for displacement!

I was flicking through the bodies for suitable candidates and that one completely bypassed my attention. Then again I didn’t go that far back so.

1 Like