King of the Hill (Round 6)

This round is reminiscent of Mad Max… I don’t think there have been any challenges based on it before!

4 Likes

WHAT A DAY

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

5 Likes

Fast lane to Valhalla, mark my words. Note also the braking distance.

I did consider making drivability a factor, but it is used in very many challenges, there were already a fair few other parameters to track and - perhaps most importantly - I don’t think they would pay much attention to that in the setting.

3 Likes

Wanted to do an UTE that has a LOT of space for war boys… but seat counter will kill me so…shame :confused:

1 Like

I might not get into this (not enough “Automation time” for both Detroit and anything other), but now I know what movie I’ll be watching tonight :smile:

2 Likes

That’s a good one, I wish I’d thought of that while testing the rules. Might have worked with utility, somehow.

Edit: Actually, it would be an option to just say “4 extra seats for truck bed”. There would be a cost benefit, but also less weight for the formula and less weight on the rear wheels. Public opinion in favour or against?

I have decided to be the first test mule!

[quote]I found, tucked in the back, buried under what we think were the remains of some holy place, with strange symbols and signs of a false profits which does not pay homage to our great, merciful leader. Those symbols I burned, but the find, the car, that I kept. It is plain so painfully plain, I do not know what the words on it mean ‘Pulsar’ perhaps this was some kind of transport the Immortans would use.

It has room for 7 if we pull out all that junk, boxes filled with copper coils and vapor, the coils may prove useful for other projects, the vapor had a funny taste, yes plenty of room for a good raiding team. The trunk is large, deep, deep enough for plunder, or other ‘things’.

The engine bay is massive, but tiny, much like the ‘Howler’ one of my bothers found this Vee-Eight has too many tubes running in and out of it, but we can make it work, I’m sure we can, though those things jutting out of the exhaust confuse me.[/quote]

Non company cannon competition vehicle

3 Likes

Shame it isn’t OHV only!

1 Like

Though the same.

But I’m in doubt about a OHV V8 or a SOHC I6

Non entry

Yes, it is MUCH better then what I entered, and if @HowlerAutomotive wants me to send him this one, I will, but I entered the first one, and that is all there is to it :slight_smile:

Because OHV is best Valve Train.

1 Like

Ohhh, that’s some very nice points and a proper vee eight :slight_smile: As per the rules of the original post, you are free to revise your entry until the deadline (either the bonus points deadline or final deadline, your choice).

In retrospect I may have weighted seats a bit too heavily, but what’s done is done. And more warboys is more warboys.

As there has been no feedback, a truck bed will consitute 4 extra seats. I will update the rules.

3 Likes

Its not exactly the best, but heck ill give it in anyways for those nice bonus points.

Apparently, its called the ‘1945 Rat Rod’. No idea what that means, but it has a big Vee eight but it has some fans strapped to the side for no reason. It has lots of space, enough for 6 people, and its missing the engine covers for extra cooling. That being said, it drinks more fuel than the boss drinks alcohol, but it does have enough space to store more fuel and loot. Should be fine though.

5 Likes

That certainly looks the part :smiley:

Having now had a chance to weigh the balance a bit more closely - seats are definitely too valuable. The challenge would have benefitted from the seat parameter not being there at all, putting stress on the muscle and offroad stats rather than number of warm bodies inside. The weight parameter and aero limit would have been enough to keep it muscly.

I was rushing to get everything set up in two days as promised in the thread and didn’t have enough time to throw in several test cars as I usually would. People have now put in the time and effort so it is clearly too late to shuffle anything around, but my apologies to those who expected a pursuit car oriented round. It’s what I originally intended, before I got distracted by the fact they fit the whole protagonist party into the Gigahorse in Fury Road. So as I said, apologies to those who wanted to build competitors to the Interceptor. We have ended up with carriers for a war party.

4 Likes

Dude i love what you did with the hood that is awesome.
… Also this round needed twin charging or a mod for a supercharger reaching to the sky via a bonnet scoop

3 Likes

You can send this one if you want :wink:

But it’ll mean nothing, because of this :imp::

OHV Power!!

(PS: I’ve named car and engine after the pics, so the names are: Car - BigFoot; Engine - The Huge Vee8)

4 Likes

I was going to submit a car yesterday for bonus points, but got held up by the forum freeze. Can I still do that?

Had the same problem here, this forum freezing sucks (but I know they are needed)

Seems fair enough to extend the bonus point deadline to tonight 23:59 CET considering the circumstances.

1 Like

Your going to wish you hadn’t done that,

+4 Seats because ‘Truck bed’

4 Likes

Damn, that’s a powerful vee eight!