Komodo Motors - Roviro

:smiley:
Good to know

[size=75]after almost a month of nothingness. here’s a news[/size]

[size=150]1956[/size]
it’s 1956. only a few months after we prepared the car. now the finishing touches are done. the car is ready for production.

but, after some consideration, we ended up asking GSI for a second trim. which they gave a nod to. this time, a 4 door trim for the family market. it may require a bit more investment, but it’s only some minor engineering changes to the chassis and interior, taking about 2 weeks.

we are finally releasing our car onto the market. our very first car for the rising public of japan.

[size=150]Komodo Saisho Kazoku[/size] (meaning ‘Family No.1’)

and the
[size=150]Komodo Saisho Kozan[/size] (meaning ‘My No.1’)

considering the market of the time. this is a really precarious market. while passenger car dominating, the kei-car market is growing like mushroom. it’s everywhere.

we just hope to make a name for ourselves with this car.

[size=150]1960[/size]

it has been 4 years now. the Saisho is selling… okay. it’s not really a hit on the market, but it’s good enough for a new manufacturer.
we need some refresh since we are essentially only offering 2 cars.

so now we are offering a slight update to the lineup.

[size=150]Komodo Saisho Tsuru[/size]

it’s basically a modified Saisho Kazoku, with a larger cabin on the rear. for more utility uses and practicality reasons.
mechanically. quite literally nothing has changed, since we really only put a new shell on it.

but we really think it’s not enough, it’s been 5 years and we really only have essentially 1 car. we need a new car, and fast, if we want to keep up. do we outsource again? or do we make do with what we have?

whatever it is. it’s a clue for an upcoming car in the next few years :wink:

[size=150]1962[/size]

with the increasing amount of interest in racing sport, both on 2 wheels and 4 wheels, people have been modifiying their vehicles to go faster and faster.
the demand for sportier cars are also on the rise. people’s economy is also rising like never before. this gave the last push for us to make this car.

[size=150]Sumo A[/size]

it’s being sold in 3 ways:

• fully assembled, with a price tag equivalent of $1760 in 1962
  • half assembled, cost only 80% compared to fully assembled. the engine and transmission are assembled (but not yet coupled) and the rest of the car comes in pieces with instructions
  • chassis/body only, cost only 60% compared to fully assembled car for those who want to put other engine on our car body

using existing engine, but modified to outputs almost 76HP at the crank.
on a newly developed semi monocoque chassis, with fibre glass panels, making it easier to assemble the car yourself.
parts are shared with our Kaisho lineup, which means spare parts are much easier to get.
despite being a sports car, it still managed more than 12km/l (28MPG), also means you can drive it as often as you want, without worrying about the cost of gas.
thanks to the monocoque chassis, it keeps the weight down to around 560kg, while still giving decent crash protection.
155/75R13 tires also helps at keeping the car planted at any speed and at any corner.

overall, what’s not to like? :slight_smile:
Komodo Sumo A.zip (87.5 KB)

##1964

[color=#DFDF30]
our first commercial car came out in 1956, is nearing the end of it’s life as it is reaching the 8th year. to think that it could even stay in production for 8 years is short of a miracle.

now, thanks to the money brought in by the saisho, and surprisingly the sells-like-apple-pie Sumo A. we afford a new building and the tooling for a new production line. we could produce pretty much all of the parts we needed now.

so now it’s time to end it and replace the production line with something new, and caters to a new market
[/color]

[bgcolor=black] [color=#30CF30]Komodo Hyojun Midori[/color] [/bgcolor]

[color=#DFDF30]
EVERYTHING is new. and since we’re designing from scratch anyway, we decided to try and put a relatively new technology in the auto industry. Overhead Camshaft! making the engine breathe easier, which also means a better fuel economy and power. the new 2.2l i4 is making 100HP, coupled to a 3 speed manual gearbox, complete with all the standard interior finish and feature that would expect from a car on this market. coming from a practically unheard company, this is pretty substantial.

price is expected to be around $1230 and will be on sale at Q4 1964
[/color]

##1966

a new trim to our new Hyojun lineup.

##[color=red]Hyojun Aka[/color]

things updated:

• Forged pistons
  • Higher Compression
  • Performance Air Intake Filter
  • 11HP power increase
  • POWER STEERING
  • new Progressive Springs

Komodo - Hyojun.zip (105.4 KB)

###Surprise Release!

along with the launch of the new trim of the hyojun we released another new car. or should we say, Pickup truck.

##[color=brown]Yuso Model 1[/color]

using the same platform and sharing most basic parts with the hyojun. which now clears up why the hyojun was overbuilt and heavy. the basic frame was designed to be used for more than 1 car

fitted in with a modified Ko-A1 engine to be able to run even the worst kind of fuel available.
it’s using a single 4 barrel carburator, keeping it’s power up even when using the low quality fuel.
pumping out 92HP out of a 2.2L, above the average power of the normal utility vehicles in japan, at this time. (around 60-80 HP on average) meaning it could haul more than the normal amount of stuff and go anywhere. like anywhere it could fit.

with a expected price tag of $1190. it’s not the cheapest truck. but again, this isn’t your average pickup either.

Yuso - 1.zip (88.6 KB)

##1970

the sales of both the hyojun and the Yuso have been good so far. not excellent, but quite a bit more than what we predicted. but the income was enough to upgrade our factory and increase the R&D budget for a better future car.

it seems like the japanese car market is entering a new age, maybe even, a golden age.
it seems like so much cheap car with so much value and style coming out every month. we don’t want to miss the opportunity to grab a share of the market. To do that, we are introducing a totally brand new car

using a new engine family. the LR lineup. a small inline 6 lineup of high revving engines of it’s time.
the 1800 is both a family and a commuter car for your everyday run. fitted on the 1800, is the 1809cc variant pumping out 125HP. as usual, quite a bit more than the competition making sure we’re ahead of the game, since we’re still the underdog compared to Toyota or Honda, but only a bit behind Mazda and Suzuki.

the 1800 might be our first exported car. a few minor changes have to be made for each country, but aside from that, it’s the same golden car.

with a price of $1650 (SA, 2 dr) and $1610 (FA, 4dr), it’s going to be directly competing with the Datsun 510 and the like.

Komodo - 1800.zip (100.6 KB)

###[color=#CCCCC] Hyojun Kansei[/color]

it’s still 1970. but with the rapid change of car trend, the body and the tech seem to be showing it’s age really quick. this is going to be the the only remodeling this lineup will ever get. and it is now getting upscaled into a entry-level premium car.

it’s been given a new modernized and premium look while still keeping the same image.
the lamp bulbs has been changed to halogen bulbs for more illumination at night.
no more blinking brake lamps on the rear, we have added a separate blinker lamp.

the differential have been readjusted, interiors all been replaced, and a new gas mono-tube damper system.

it’s going to be sold at the price of $1910

Komodo - Hyojun.zip (115.2 KB)

#Announcement!

##1972

this year, he have made a new department, called Komodo Speed Research(KSR)
a department focused on making viable fast cars for both race and street use alike.

this department is made in the name of pursuit of speed.
the main job of this car is either modifiying mass-produced car from any manufacturer, and not strictly from our own lineup, to a standard that we have set within the department.

it’s second job, is to produce purpose-built race cars to contribute to the world of racing and bring Komodo name heard all over the world. building prestige and marketing at the same time.

the first car to come out from this department is being revealed later this year and will be sold early next year. Look forward to it! :slight_smile:

##1800 KSR-R

this is first child to be born out of the new department.
the interior has been stripped out leaving only what’s essential for fast driving.
the suspension has been lowered and stiffened, but the swaybar stayed the same because it was already great.

the engine is the part where it received the most attention.
the engine has been both stroked and bored up to 2.0L,
retuned to make it possible for the engine to rev higher than 7000 RPM.
pumping out 164HP making it an impressive 82HP/L engine.

the transmission has a whole different gearing to the production car. different gear set and, different final drive. now fitted with 205mm wide tires. and it has disc brakes all around.

finally a lip and a wing is fitted for improved high speed handling. with the result of highest recorded g force of 1.3g around the corner

Komodo - 1800.zip (120.6 KB)

###Side Announcement

this year, we are officially exporting cars to many regions of america, europe and other parts of asia.
with the 1800 being our first exported model, and a new mode in the following year
expect dealers within your region, soon.

okaay. i don’t know why it took this long to realise, but this ‘story line’ is not gonna be sustainable for long.

so think i’m gonna stop it here and revert to the format that everybody uses. just posting random car and their story behind it.

somewhat a reborn of this thread.

i will start it today.

Story lines are a challenge. But they are quite worth it, plus you’re always well informed as to which tech you got available at the moment.

well. since i can’t seem to make some good enough lore, at least one that i’m feeling good about, i doubt about them being worth it. maybe i will make a subsidiary company and try again once the tech tree system has been implemented :slight_smile:

#Phyton
this is a lineup of economical, fun, yet practical hot hatchback with an amazing reliability and an amazing level of performance.

###Phyton Base
the most basic version on the Phyton lineup offering amazing value for the money for enthusiast on a budget, while still offering everyday practicality.

with 18.05km/l fuel economy AND 156hp. you can be fast AND saving fuel. you don’t need to pick between them.
with enough power for the track, and high low-end torque for whizzing around city traffic.

Price starts At:
$17315 Negotiable

##Phyton Classia
the same formula as the Base, with better interiors.

Price Starting at:
$18900 Negotiable

##Phyton Delvo
the trim with 2.8L variant engine. wider tires, bigger brakes, and the same excellent formula.

Price Starting at
$22100 Negotiable

##Phyton Evoltice
Top-of-The-Line Phyton lineup for those who wants more creature comforts in their practical speed machine.

Price Starting at
$ 24700 Negotiable.

##Phyton Fighter
the American Road Trip Contest winner. Tuned for performance while still maintaining practicality by our KSR(Komodo Speed Research) Team.

other features include:

• Hyper Strength Bottom End for extreme durability
  • Dyna-T Turbo for both power and efficiency
  • Independent Throttle Control
  • Competition Grade Exhaust System.
  • Super Wide alloy tires (255mm Front and Rear)
  • 6 speed Nex-Tec Dual Clutch transmission
  • Extra Large diameter disc brakes. (310mm Front/245mm Rear)
  • Full-cladding Understray for maximum Top Speed.
  • Lowered ride height for better stability on higher speed.

Price:
$30000 Fixed Price

download
Phyton Series(2016).zip (162.0 KB)

so. on 0 to 10. rate how much do you want one of these cars? :slight_smile:

######claps for those who can figure out the small and insignificant easter egg. hint: it’s not visual

3 Likes

I think I know the easter egg, but you’re missing A if it’s the one I’m thinking of. Still, a clever way of naming your cars, and it had to take at least a bit of creativity to go through the list of letters and find something to name the car.

1 Like

that was figured out faster than expected. well now i realised, i think it didn’t help i also sorted the cars alphabetically.

yes, i somewhat missed A on purpose, because too many trims, and B is the base version already.

both yesterday and today, i did this right after i stopped writing my paper, so i still had the leftover bullshit running on my brain. i totally didn’t know where these name came from either :stuck_out_tongue: they’re not even an actual english word.

Rule #1 of naming an asian car: Never use words that make sense or actually exist.

3 Likes

Skyline, Silvia, Lancer, Galant, Colt, Accord etc etc etc

1 Like

this… is surprisingly accurate…