Koolkei's adventure into modding - Badge Help?

hey guys. really just wanted to seek out for help as i’m learning how to start modding.

first one i decided to try was to make a badge, since i was told it was the simplest to start.

i made it. also with the tutoring help of both @thecarlover and @ramthecowy. but we got into a wall.

got the thing done

problem. the game crashes / shows an error if it has to do anything with my badge

already got the directory correct, the files are read by the game. but if i pick it, the game crashes.
i make a thumbnail on the thumbnail maker. this error

we’ve been going at it for about 2 days just for a single badge now. nobody knows why. i’m hoping to get some more help here.

here’s the file
KM Badge.zip (21.5 KB)

oh i even also retried making everything from scratch. nope. didn’t work

1 Like

To clarify: the issue seems to be with the UVMap. I switched out the UVmap for a different random map from a different badge in the lua and it worked. However, no matter what we try, the UVmap for this badge doesn’t want to work

I tried to make my badge, but mine won’t let me place it on my car. This modding business is difficult. Anyway, I’m going to watch this thread to see if I can get any hints too.

@koolkei

Just checked your 3DS file and the UVMap is a square dead centre. :frowning:

Move the UVMap to the left of the centre line.

It can ONLY reside to the left of the 0, centre, line.

If your UVMaps appear red in the fixture placing then it’s crossed the centre line or is on the right hand side of centre.

1 Like

…it doesn’t. It doesn’t load at all, if you try to select the badge, the game forces close.

Move the UV it to the left and re-export it. And that is left as you are looking at the badge from the front.

There doesn’t appear to be anything fundamentally wrong with the actual badge.

1 Like

what. so it’s just because the uvmap has to be on 1 side only?

and i only need to make it ‘half’ on one side?

Yup! :slight_smile:

i kinda forgot about this thing since i suddenly got a little bit more busy…

but nah. ‘just put it to the side’ doesn’t work

I’ll have another look later if I can.

thank you VERY much