Korvatunturi Arctic Truck 24h Offroad Endurance rally

Pack your skiis Boss!

Your company has accepted a contract for the creation of an Arctic racing truck to participate in the Korvatunturi Arctic Truck 24-hour Endurance rally.
Arctic trucks are essentially four wheel drive vehicles engineered for carrying people and equipment long distances in extreme conditions of the worlds most cold and challenging environments.
The cars in this race will cross over 1500 kilometers of frozen wasteland and narrow arctic ice-roads, with rocky Offroad passages at certain points of the way.
The race starts from Finland’s eastern border and makes its way to the nothernmost point on the continent, Nordkapp in Norway. From there the racers need to go south to cross into Sweden and then back into Finland, all in the span of 24 hours. The temperature will most likely be in the negative 30’s and 40’s Celsius and the weather more and more hostile towards the northern end of Europe.

The cars are expected to be the most reliable and robust vehicles, designed to withstand extreme cold and moisture, aswell as any water that freezes the instant it comes into contact with the car.
Only a limited set of spare-parts are allowed in the race.
The cars will also need to be able to carry the supplies for the 2 drivers, a navigator and a mechanic, aswell as extra fuel, for where no gas-stations exist. Also the suspension breaking down or having your engine freeze in -40 Celsius weather is something you need to look at avoiding.

-Restrictions:

Car:

• Model/Trim year: 2018
  • Offroad >60.0
  • Utility > 60.0
  • Seating: 4
  • Trim Body: Pickup/SUV/Van

Engine:

• Capacity < 6000cc
  • Engineering Time less than 72.0 Months
  • Fuel: Unleaded Super
  • Catalytic Converter: Mandatory
  • Conrods: Not titanium

-Scoring Criteria:

Car:

• (35%)Environmental resistance > 60
  • (20%)Cargo Volume > 2500L
  • (20%)Load Capacity > 25

Engine:

• (35%)Engine reliability > 75
  • (30%)Engine performance Index > 350.0
  • (20%)Fuel economy > 20%
  • (15%)Noise < 60
6 Likes

For environmental resistance, isn’t that supposed to be in the fence of “less is better”?

Nope, more resistance comes from using better materials and better quality.
Also in see “chassis&body” under “utility”, when you increase the environmental resistance you gain a small bonus labeled “Environmental resistance”

What fuel are you using?

Its in the rules

1 Like

Super unleaded is normally 98 RON in the UK (might want OP to clarify)

Its Unleaded Super in game.

1 Like

There’s no budget limit?

I’ve decided to modify my old hauler’s super duty for this challenge. When I’ve opened it, I was presented to this:

5 Likes

Looks like someone already drove it on an endurance rally… And rolled it… Several times.

1 Like

So I’ve redesigned the entire truck for the model year. Turned out nice.

2 Likes

Rebuilt my half ton. Too bad it melted, I don’t quite like how the new one looks.

Thick tires

3 Likes

What fuel economy value is the one being considered? There are 5 values on the tab.

That’ll do. Presenting the Hauler’s Super Duty by MV Design, on the Artic Truck Special version.

5 Likes

Griffin Grinder seen tesing in Sahara desert for upcoming Korvatunturi Arctic Truck 24h Offroad Endurance rally

2 Likes

SCHWARZBURG X-CROSS ARCTIC

Team
Driver 1: Rihards Liepiņš 27 (LAT) Local off-roading champion decided to try his luck in the race.
Driver 2: Noora Seppänen 19 (FIN) Don’t be fooled by her age as a Finn she knows how to drive and loves snow.
Navigator: Sofija Marta Jansone 25 (LAT) Girlfriend of Rihards, has been a navigator in some races with her boyfriend and knows the map very well.
Mechanic: Christian Bäcker 36 (GER) As Schwarzburg heard about the race they decided to send their best mechanic to the race.

1 Like

Arctic Transit - Snow White

The best truck for the arctic, apparently.

Arctic Transit - Snow White.car (22.1 KB)

1 Like

Teskamik XXII Endurance Truck

HighresScreenshot00070

1 Like