Kraft Haus Technik (Completed company)

I’m with you on that idea Speedemon, I was just turning the idea over in my head these past few weeks.

Perhaps somebody (I’m not volunteering… yet… I have a few things to brush up) could start a Google spreadsheet or something which everybody could put their details in on and we can organise it by year, car class and price etc.

There were a group of threads on the old forums for people to do pretty much that, but unfortunately it never quite attained regular usage.

I could try to do it! :slight_smile: Although it would be hard to control and you would need to keep it up to date which would also be hard but I am considering it.

Keeping something like that up to date is always difficult, because it just means more effort (just maintaining the challenge tracker which is so small is already quite a bit for me). There has to be some kind of incentive for people to get involved and maintain their own things. Some kind of reward at stake.

(Like sick photoshops by squidhead lololol)

I’m currently making one for all the cars that I’ve reviewed in my magazine. It shouldn’t be that hard if we make one for each year, and it’s filled by every user when they’re adding their cars.
I soon as I get up of bed :sleeping: I’ll publish the spreadsheet I made (with a few changes) so you guys can take a look and we can start running it.

I was going to make one that grouped automation cars that competed with real-life cars so people can compete with each other. If you are doing that for your magazine could I do my thing without looking like a copycat?

##2017 Eau Rouge prototype

After the overwhelming success with the Diabolica. Which actually meant that the only car in existence was not crashed during it’s public appearances, Kraft Haus has received a number of offers on the one-off. Refusing to even name the price, let alone sell the car has made the ultimate KHT to be very desired, but more importantly is has clearly marked a target niche that could have been filled. Not backing out of the idea of the Diabolica being the one off not for sale, Kraft Haus has started work on a car that would take it’s place.

The need for a new chassis did not arise, since Diabolica used a slightly modified Sepang chassis. A well tested and proven carbon fiber tub covered with a carbon fiber body. Most of the Diabolica’s aero research has been put to good use, as well as information gained while developing the super lightweight Mistral and Augusta. Resulting in a car in sync with the KHT design philosophy while bringing some new ideas to the table.

The main focus of the car was it’s weight, with battle for each kilogram resulting in an extremely spartan interior, lacking any form of in car entertainment, it included basic controls and basic safety features, and the weight saving did not stop there. The brakes, the chassis, gearbox, and even the engine were built shedding every extra kilogram off the final weight.

The engine however was a challenge, but thankfully, it was in development for a few years, as the contract with Karion for the 6.3 liter v8’s has expired and was not renewed. A new partnership has been established with the automotive giant Saminda, who helped develop the DOHC heads along with VVT, Engine control unit and the direct injection system. VVL idea was actually mid development, but scrapped due to weight saving ideas. The engine block was now a custom order magnesium unit, outsourced to JSC. The result was a 7 liter magnesium v8, DOHC with VVT and direct injection, helped with a pair of custom turbochargers and a lightweight titanium alloy exhaust system, which also has shed 11kg from prototype to production version. The power output of the initial engine version reached 1000hp, and 1022 nm, with only 0.7 bar of boost, very much eliminating turbo lag.

A new custom gearbox has been developed, being an H pattern 6 speed, also, for reasons of it being lighter than a sequential 7 speed. The car used the same electronic rear differential as the Diabolica, and the same pushrod suspension setup. All this weighing in at 1135kg, running on racing slicks the car managed 0-100 in 2.5 seconds flat, and topped out at 403kph, while the aero provided downforce to be able to take corners at 1.54g and braking at 26.64m.

The quality of the car required serious precission work, meaning the building process was to be painfully slow. KHT predicts it can build up to 4 cars per year at a price of about $500,000
First appearance of the car is scheduled at a hypercar hype 2017 showdown, running against numerous opponents, including Gryphon Gear, who helped develop the car Eau Rouge was based on, where KHT had to prove they can stand in the hypercar market on their own.

7 Likes

My reaction.

1 Like

I don’t think that I will be able to compete with this monster even with a twin turbo v12! Great job! Now, how many mpg do you get? :stuck_out_tongue:

After scrapping the VVL, sadly, under 15l/100km (I don’t know exact mpg on this). It was just under 10l/100km before I sacrficed it for extra 30kg of weight saving.

Unless you’re going to the Honda/Acura idea of a super car must be also a daily car, I think the fuel economy is irrelevant. Weight reduction, bro!

3 Likes

Considering the spring/shock settings this car is DEFINETLY not a daily :smiley: Or a honda :smiley:

I can see rich show-off internet celebrities buying it to show-off and daily it and then rightfully having their backs get broken by the ride comfort.

1 Like

Considering the amount we can build and the backlog of people wanting to spend cash on Diabolica, I’m guessing first two years of production go into the middle east :smiley:

I really like it how you take companies from Automation instead of real life automotive brand in to your story !

that is how role-playing should be like!

3 Likes

Absolutely beautiful work, squidhead!!

1 Like

#1988 KHT Atlantic

The successful rebirth of the KHT brand meant that the company had to gain some momentum while it’s name was still fresh in the minds of the public. With Nemesis selling quite well and most production questions settled the main factory set in for the long haul, while the engineers instantly began working on the next car. By 1986 the first concept has been shown to public, yet nameless, it stirred quite a bit of an interest, with many customers interested in the “Code : Jager II Concept Study”.

The concept featured a mock-up of a 6.5 liter v12 promising 640hp, all wheel drive and a luxury interior. And since this was just an early concept, naturally the engine was just a huge block of wood, and none of the buttons in the interior did anything, since they were not connected to anything. Seeing the interest in the concept KHT started looking for an engine supplier. The task was already very common for KHT, and many options emerged almost instantly, with the closest one to the original idea coming from IMP automobilbau.

The engine was two J33 v6 units, combined together via a custom machined crankcase, and sporting a new crankshaft. The result was a 6.6 liter v12, helped along with two turbochargers and running custom camshafts, finished off by a KHT setup along with a lightweight exhaust system, producing 670hp, revving all the way up to 7000 rpm. The drawback of this plan was - after installing the thing in to the car KHT has discovered little to no space for a transfer case, which sealed the fate of the AWD promise.

While the technical part was happening slowly and was meeting a lot of resistance from reality of car building the interior has been a snap for seasoned NOTO crew, who created a luxury interior, including high quality leather, air conditioning, heated and cooled seats, high quality sound system, a corded phone, and even insisted to the engineers to spend extra time to design vertical opening doors, to mimic ones in Lamborghini Countach.

By 1988 the first Atlantic was delivered, a 670hp RWD 1.5 ton monster, capable of 0-100 spring in 3.6 seconds and topping out at 335kph. The handling was not the car’s strong suit, but it was competent enough with predictable behaviour at the limit reported by all test drivers. The luxury interior was on par with any high performance supercar and at a price of $100,000 it was also a bit more affordable than the competition. Despite surpassing it’s designated rival - the testarossa, the Atlantic did not enjoy such legendary status or the sales numbers, with only about 650 cars created over it’s production period, including special versions (hint hint).

9 Likes

In 1988 KHT still remains as a small company, but in 2010+ is already researching and building in-house engines and carbon fiber bodies, will we see a huge jump thanks to the sells of a mass production model or KHT will simply get mysterious extra founds? :stuck_out_tongue:

Ouch, I think the lady in the last picture got the top of her head chopped off :laughing:

3 Likes

No one will have your skills. Ever. :smiley:

1 Like

Actually the engine manufacturing is still something I’d rather not do if I can, since it’s pricey. But yeah, carbon fiber research is next cause well… 1.55 tons is a bit much for a car that’s supposed to be fast. Also a largescale production of a NOTO C2, which is only a concept as of now, since I’m looking for an engine to replace the JSC unit. And TurboJ is nowhere to be found sadly.