Kraft Haus Technik (Completed company)

Unless you’re going to the Honda/Acura idea of a super car must be also a daily car, I think the fuel economy is irrelevant. Weight reduction, bro!

3 Likes

Considering the spring/shock settings this car is DEFINETLY not a daily :smiley: Or a honda :smiley:

I can see rich show-off internet celebrities buying it to show-off and daily it and then rightfully having their backs get broken by the ride comfort.

1 Like

Considering the amount we can build and the backlog of people wanting to spend cash on Diabolica, I’m guessing first two years of production go into the middle east :smiley:

I really like it how you take companies from Automation instead of real life automotive brand in to your story !

that is how role-playing should be like!

3 Likes

Absolutely beautiful work, squidhead!!

1 Like

#1988 KHT Atlantic

The successful rebirth of the KHT brand meant that the company had to gain some momentum while it’s name was still fresh in the minds of the public. With Nemesis selling quite well and most production questions settled the main factory set in for the long haul, while the engineers instantly began working on the next car. By 1986 the first concept has been shown to public, yet nameless, it stirred quite a bit of an interest, with many customers interested in the “Code : Jager II Concept Study”.

The concept featured a mock-up of a 6.5 liter v12 promising 640hp, all wheel drive and a luxury interior. And since this was just an early concept, naturally the engine was just a huge block of wood, and none of the buttons in the interior did anything, since they were not connected to anything. Seeing the interest in the concept KHT started looking for an engine supplier. The task was already very common for KHT, and many options emerged almost instantly, with the closest one to the original idea coming from IMP automobilbau.

The engine was two J33 v6 units, combined together via a custom machined crankcase, and sporting a new crankshaft. The result was a 6.6 liter v12, helped along with two turbochargers and running custom camshafts, finished off by a KHT setup along with a lightweight exhaust system, producing 670hp, revving all the way up to 7000 rpm. The drawback of this plan was - after installing the thing in to the car KHT has discovered little to no space for a transfer case, which sealed the fate of the AWD promise.

While the technical part was happening slowly and was meeting a lot of resistance from reality of car building the interior has been a snap for seasoned NOTO crew, who created a luxury interior, including high quality leather, air conditioning, heated and cooled seats, high quality sound system, a corded phone, and even insisted to the engineers to spend extra time to design vertical opening doors, to mimic ones in Lamborghini Countach.

By 1988 the first Atlantic was delivered, a 670hp RWD 1.5 ton monster, capable of 0-100 spring in 3.6 seconds and topping out at 335kph. The handling was not the car’s strong suit, but it was competent enough with predictable behaviour at the limit reported by all test drivers. The luxury interior was on par with any high performance supercar and at a price of $100,000 it was also a bit more affordable than the competition. Despite surpassing it’s designated rival - the testarossa, the Atlantic did not enjoy such legendary status or the sales numbers, with only about 650 cars created over it’s production period, including special versions (hint hint).

9 Likes

In 1988 KHT still remains as a small company, but in 2010+ is already researching and building in-house engines and carbon fiber bodies, will we see a huge jump thanks to the sells of a mass production model or KHT will simply get mysterious extra founds? :stuck_out_tongue:

Ouch, I think the lady in the last picture got the top of her head chopped off :laughing:

3 Likes

No one will have your skills. Ever. :smiley:

1 Like

Actually the engine manufacturing is still something I’d rather not do if I can, since it’s pricey. But yeah, carbon fiber research is next cause well… 1.55 tons is a bit much for a car that’s supposed to be fast. Also a largescale production of a NOTO C2, which is only a concept as of now, since I’m looking for an engine to replace the JSC unit. And TurboJ is nowhere to be found sadly.

RIP TurboJ

Twenty years of research would be reasonable for an engineering team to get on top of cf if that is the one thing they do, maybe.

That said one wonders how a company like Koeniggsegg is able to, after taking years to get off the ground, build cars that are constantly pushing the list of tech not just in one area, but many.

What I’m surprised at is that nobody has asked this same question of GG… which was registered in 2011, commenced operations in 2012, produced a cf concept in 2013, started building a (very) limited run of a quite different car in 2014, then moved to a completely different drivetrain by 2015. It was funded largely by massive capital investment… but where did the engineering nous come from…

Well, as far as I remember GG engineers are not human, so maybe that’s why they’re so skilled xD[quote=“squidhead, post:152, topic:6127”]
And TurboJ is nowhere to be found sadly.
[/quote]

I need some of his engines as well :pensive:
Let us pay tribute to the fallen in the forum change

Is there somewhere that the specs of the JSC engine can be seen? It intrigues me as a kind of challenge - not that I think that I might create something being a replacement for it (since, I suppose, it has to be marvelous piece of machinery to be used by your company), but how good and near I can get. Anyway, it’s worth a try - just to see what I am capable of in Automation and what I have to learn :slight_smile:

Sorry if it’s somewhere in this thread and I’m just asking stupid questions, but I hadn’t enough time yet to read it all :slight_smile:

PS Ah, yes, I indeed was asking stupid questions. Well, I have that not-so-intelligent habit of asking before searching. Now I have them in my game and clearly see what is so special about them - they are not very expensive, simple and economical - while still being performance engines. And, surprisingly, I cannot say that my finest designs are simply worse overall - they are just differently thinked. Nearest thing I found yet is similar in performance, a bit better reacting to gas pedal, a lot lighter and about double as complicated. Oh, and devours more fuel…

PS2 Without a single quality slider even touched. Incredible. Oh, and that sound of it. Why, oh why haven’t I yet created any advanced V8 here…
Well, ekhm… to the point. I’m curious why are even looking for a replacement for it, if that’s not a secret (like some top-secret project that your company would never be suspected of :wink:).

1 Like

Not enough power, not enough drivability, too inefficient on fuel, pretty heavy, quite big for it’s power output damaging the car’s ballance. It’s good for the beginning of the 80s but as SOF 83 has shown, I don’t think it’s the optimal choice for racing anymore

Inline Designs would be happy to work with KHT again :wink: We’re pretty experienced with engines suited for mass production.

It would have to be a v6 or a v8 though. But yeah, we can think of something. JSC unit is showing it’s age and with TurboJ nowhere to be found it’s not like I can negotiate on KHT spec modifications to the thing.

We’re thinking of an evolution of the V6 turbo used on the Nemesis… but we’d be happy to design whatever is best suited for KHT’s needs :wink:

Evolution and detune, we’d be needing around 330hp from it, and knowing it can push past 500 easily is good since I’m planning on re-entering C1 scura in cat5 trim again, into SOF 85 with this engine. I want to use the C1 chassis as a test bed before I go into C3 chassis production. Do you need me to send you the KHT tuned version of the thing, so you could just add a new engine variant to it?