Kraft Haus Technik (Completed company)

So pretty :heart_eyes:
Also, that’s an AMWEC car & engine right there xD

3 Likes

Your tuning package for the Knight is a worthwhile improvement indeed on the donor car! I am also considering buying up the rights to the Monte Carlo just so that I can give it the engine it deserves.

Edit: is the Monte Carlo’s engine mounted transversely or longitudinally? In the former case I’d only be able to mount a small V6 if I wanted plenty of power.

I’d offer the 3L AluStar V6, but… The Monte Carlo Concept is fairly small, and mid engine, I don’t think the 3L would fit. I know it’s an I4, but would the Knight’s engine fit? Or does it have to be a V6, because there may be some engine surplus left over in some of our older stock. Might be a few 3.4 liter V8’s left over from the Xenon.

(Although, any way you look at it, the closest I’d be able to offer anything up is in a little over a week.)

2 Likes

I could offer an engine for the Monte Carlo. You a fan of turbos? :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually I’m thinking that KHT should squander a lot of their budget trying new things to come full circle and link up with the first Adelaide concept in 2007, so I’m guessing selling off the production line for Monte Carlo along with manufacturing rights, and then producing a ton of concepts and one-offs based off the Pacific.

4 Likes

Holy shit that Time Attack car is super sexy…

7 Likes

#2002 Bahn concept

With the rapidly declining sales of the 2000 pacific KHT has found itself in a downfall from which it had to pull itself quite rapidly. The 96 Monte Carlo concept and the production line were sold off which allowed a bit of a breathing room. By 2002 Geneva motor show a new concept was released, testing the waters for a new market.

The Bahn was a mid engined 2 door luxury GT car, fitted witl as much tech as Kraft Haus could afford, but instead of a regular pursuit of pure speed a new direction was taken. The autobahn cruiser took advantage of advanced aerodynamics and streamlining for better efficiency, as well as all the materials know-how the company has acquired in the previous years. A carbon fiber monocoque was covered in carbon fiber panels, hiding much of the Pacific’s suspension and drivetrain solutions, which meant that the handling aspect of the car was taken care of straight out of the box.

The main concern for KHT with the Bahn was the driver’s comfort, so behind the suicide doors you would find an interior for two, clad in luxurious materials, including leather, alcantara and wood, spruced up by a high end stereo system courtesy of Bang & Olufsen. Included in the car was also an artillery barrage worth of airbags, to get one of the highest safety ratings of all KHT vehicles of all time.

Hiding behind the cockpit was the same 5 liter v8 found in the Pacific, now fitted with an experimental VVT on the intake cams, and sporting two tiny turbochargers, de-tuned for maximum efficiency, and sporting new low friction pistons which were also providing for a much lower CR. The resulted engine was very similar to a diesel in terms of numbers, but unlike one it sounded like a good petrol v8 should, and pulled all the way from idle up to 6000 RPM. The official numbers were 530nm of torque and 270hp.

While the power output was not something people gasped over (they did, but in a bad way), the performance was not in question, as the car managed a zero to 100 dash in 4.3 seconds and 309 kph, outrunning a lot of the GT class competition, while returning a 5.8 liter / 100 km fuel consumption rating. The car also managed a 1.18 G on a skidpad, as well as a TG test track time of 1:20.4, on par with many way more powerful competitors.

The concept has interested quite a few people and while work began to cheapen and simplify the car to let it go into production a small team hand crafted 11 Bahns exactly as the one presented at Geneva in 2002, designated as KHT Bahn C, each sold at $650,000, which was about $575,000 more than each of them cost the factory to build. The very limited number of cars has allowed KHT to track them all to this day

#1 Privately owned, Dubai, UAE
#2 Privately owned, Doha, Qatar
#3 Privately owned, Tbilisi, Georgia
#4 Privately owned, Ichikawa, Japan
#5 Privately owned, Melbourne, Australia
#6 Destroyed in garage fire, 2013, Tallinn, Estonia
#7 Privately owned, Monaco, Monte Carlo
#8 Privately owned, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
#9 Privately owned, St.Petersburg, Russia
#10 Destroyed in a car crash, 2006, Frankfurt, Germany
#11 Destroyed in a crash with a privately owned Cessna 182, 2003, Malaga, Spain

13 Likes

Photoshop skills as great as ever :smile:

Reminds me of those funky VW/Audi concepts from the late 90s

3 Likes

Audi Avus Quattro is love <3

5 Likes

Is that a dual-split active rear wing I see on the back? And am I right in saying that this is the most efficient KHT to date?

2 Likes

That is a dual split rear active cooling flap, and yes, this is the most efficient KHT to date :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Snazzy! Good to see that supercar makers are willing to at least somewhat promote economical vehicles :smiley:

1 Like

I feel like I am contractually obliged to counter this. An RC-039 successor might just have gotten greenlit.

4 Likes

You have my interest.

4 Likes

7 Likes

It looks like a VW Sharan, only if it were made in 1988.

3 Likes

Cool machine as always m8 but the decals look kinda iffy.

How fast is she?

that is about 600hp for the Stage 4; for the people now searching the forums :joy:

still going to be a serious competitor in the challenge I’d guess, as lightweight as it is

That’s the kind of limit pushing I like to see. Not considering a car ‘unsafe’ for the road because it’s a little bit dangerous, but because it might genuinely kill you.

2 Likes

Actually it’s not that bad in drivability department, as in “mid-80’s turbo era F1 cars drivable”. More along the lines of “We already have built a car that spontaneously catches fire and explodes in the 70’s, tried selling it, and it did not go too well for us” :smiley:

Reliability of the engine is pretty laughable

Tad more, but not drastically, and yes, I decided it’s time to take a build for my own competition seriously for once, I’ve grown bored of being shot out of SOF in the early stages.

I wouldn’t want to talk exact numbers before the Tuner Time Attack challenge has been locked in. If you wish I can PM you some stats, but let’s put it this way… I’m quite happy with the results

3 Likes