[LCV4.1.11 and 12] Game no longer builds 3d models, won't calculate for new cars

The game is unplayable for me right now. I’ve tried the openbeta, launcher and nolauncher, but this is a showstopper and I’ve no way around it. I have no mods enabled.

The crux of the problem seems to be that the game no longer builds 3d models of cars. This is an older sandbox car I’m updating for 4.1.12, and the game produces this:

The thumbnail for the car in the sandbox is fine, however:

I can adjust an old car’s transmission, suspension and other settings and the game will accurately recalculate competitiveness, etc. It won’t, however, for a new car. It will just sit spinning:

The problem persists in campaign mode. Build is 210109.14142.3792 Manual. DXDiag

I know this might seem obvious, but it has to be asked - did you try verifying the files?

1 Like

To add to this, any driver updates you can do and backing up your .db and then reinstalling etc.

1 Like

I did not. I haven’t had to do it in so long I forgot it was an option!

waits

3 files failed validation and will be reacquired. Thank you - I was going to delete and reinstall as my next step, but this is much simpler. We’ll see if this fixes the problem.

And it did. Thank you for suggesting what was obvious to you, but not to me!

1 Like