Lets Play Automation Video

Watch lead beta tester and efficient German, Killrob play though one of the scenarios included in the engine designer demo.

Want some of this action on the 8th? Preorder now! :)

We love Killrob.

He has done a great work with this video :wink:.

And with the small things I said to him the Demo will be good to play from the first day on.

Cheers
Casho

Wow…I learned more about mechanics of the engine in that video.
Seems quite good and excites me as a gearhead/petrolhead.
Now can’t wait to make a Mini-size engine with massive torque.
Peace out.

Great work guys and a special mention to killrob… You made it look easy too…

GJ killrob, @punkal hes like that with all that german efficencey :slight_smile:

Very cool and certainly whets the appetite.

In that scenario I’m confused as to why the engine has to last no more than a certain period? Surely it should just be higher than ‘x’ which could be particularly low? I would have thought with a race engine it would be a side effect of pushing the parameters rather than a requirement to fail with in period ‘y’.

Many are confused by this, but it is “historically accurate”: if I remember correctly it was Ferrari in the 1950s in Formula 1 who told their engineers that the engine has to last for one race and one race only. If it lasts significantly longer than one race it means you could have made it lighter and thus, the car faster for that very race. This means: you fail at designing a race engine if you make it last (much) longer than the specified time. Ferrari didn’t allow its engineers this freedom, so why should a little Irish racing team? :wink:

Bingo, if it doesn’t fall apart over the finishing line, it’s too heavy.

We totally need a brag section for our scores…

If someone wants to create a thread for it, or even a thread for each scenario (when the demo is out) go for it!

i think i was getting just as into it as he was

Killrob must be related to this guy:

youtube.com/watch?v=V0MjH05iliI

:mrgreen: