Lite Campaign 2 - R&D does what exactly?

Hi,

I bought the early access on Steam and have started playing the Lute campaign (v2 i think) based on the legacy game engine.

I can’t figure out what benefits i get from spending money here. I put 3 points in Fuel System and am 2 years ahead apparently, but in 1965 I still have no access to mechanical injection, which is supposed to be a 1964 tech. Yet, other techs I’m not investing in at all just get granted automatically when the historical year rolls around. Have I misunderstood something about how this is supposed to work?

Not quite sure what is going on in your case, I can start the campaign in 1955 with a big pile of fuel system tech and have MFI unlocked from the start. :slight_smile: So unlocking tech and MFI specifically does seem to be working.
And yes, that is what it is supposed to do, unlock tech earlier which gives you a competitive edge over competitor companies that have not done that.

Thanks for getting back

I think the start date on MFI appears to be wrong - it appears as a 1964 tech, but you don’t get it till a couple of years later. The R&D screen appears to work as expected for all the other techs i’ve tried to rush

I presume you guys are working on the current Unreal engine build so the bug won’t necessarily appear here