Low on OCTANE supercar

Here is a sneek peek of my potentional Entry The Crossworks Mipup

No data / track times till regulations are clear

suggestions, suggestion dear people what does the scoring should look like

That is your challenge, you should have some idea :smiley:

But I’d suggest weighting sportiness and drivability above all else, then prestige, comfort and safety, and then all other possible things. And maybe replacing sportiness with some scoring based on a lap time.

Or… you can simply use something similar to the game’s scoring for supercars, for example:

score = 1.5drivability+3sportiness+comfort+2prestige+safety+0.5power (hp)+0.5top speed (km/h)+(1000/standing km time)+0.8cornering speed (250m test, km/h)

(but I’d weight thing differently in this equation)

Personally I find this much more interesting

$14700 at 0% markup

Had to go +6 on fuel system and +3 turbo but otherwise no quality sliders :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ehh, of course. Have you ever made an uneconomical car? :smile:

I just think that tuning for economy is much more interesting. If you don’t care about economy then you just go turbo with a stupidly rich fuel mix and it’s not really challenging at all. But pretty much everything you can do to improve economy requires octane, so it’s a lot more difficult.

Also, you should see some of my LCES cars :laughing:

3 Likes

Ok phales got the economy base covered. Fuck it, I’m going full Strop :joy:

3 Likes

so far only strop entered

In 1990, Kimura released the SLCC-XO concept (Sport Light Carbon Concept - eXperimental Octane), built in conjunction with Rays Volk to test their carbon-fiber wheels, the Volk C1. In development for 3 years (starting in 1987) the SLCC-XO contains a small-displacement (3.6L) Twin-Turbocharged V8 that produces over 300 HP and has a redline set at almost 7900 RPM. This output is rather impressive considering the new fuel discovered which has an incredibly low octane rating of 70 RON. Because of the SLCC-XO’s carbon fiber body, lightweight Fiber Glass panels, and simple yet sporty FR layout, the concept weighs a mere 2,500 lbs (1134 kgs), and thus the SLCC-XO to rockets from 0 to 60 MPH in almost 4 and a half seconds. Fuel economy is also impressive for the fuel type, logging in at 15 MPG (15.68 L/100km). Technologically speaking, the interior is full of rich materials, a touch-screen GPS display, and an LED digital dashboard was shown. The pop-up headlights are also HID, a technology unheard of in 1990.

9 Likes

I give you the Scarab Cirrus S, a Hyper car especially made for the Archanian market taking into account the low accessibility of decent fuels, making it able to run on sludge. Given this, the Crossplane 4600 cc V8, pared with dual turbos makes an decent 534 hp, pushing the Cirrus to a topspeed of 342 km/h.

The Archanian roads are rather harsh on the normal sports cars, so this time around we fitted the car with higher profile tyres and made the springs and dampers a little more lenient. This, the sports interior with a decent entertainment system and a good array of safety measures makes the car a both fast and comfortable ride.

3 Likes

May I present you:

The Crossworks Crusader

Pure Power mixed with Luxury and Sportiness

With this Concept we break our tradition of building econimic and ecologic cars.
The Engine: 11.95L Biturbo V12 @RON70 says enough.

alrighty results are tomorrow

5 Likes

lets see
@titleguy1
@gridghost
@Crossworks
@Sillyducky
@strop

titleguy1-----5
gridghost----4
Crossworks-3
Sillyducky–2
strop----------1 // ruthless step-mother

SPORTINESS
strop---------5
Sillyducky–4
Crossworks-3
gridghost-----2
titleguy1------1 // yawn factor

COMFORT
titleguy1—5
gridghost–4
Crossworks-3
Sillyducky–2
strop---------1 // comfortable like riding a cactus dildo :smiley:

PRESTIGE
Crossworks–5
strop---------4
titleguy1----3
Sillyducky–2
gridghost----1 // prestige like golden steelies

SAFETY
Crossworks–5
titleguy1-----4
gridghost----3
Sillyducky—2
strop----------1 // they replaced airbags with a bullets .if you crash 3 bullets fire in your head :wink:

RELIABLE
titleguy1—5
Sillyducky—4
strop----3
gridghost—2
Crossworks–1 // Fiat reliability

WEIGHT
Sillyducky—5
titleguy1—4
gridghost—3
strop----2
Crossworks–1

LAP TIMES:
strop----5
gridghost—4
titleguy1—3
Crossworks–2
Sillyducky—1

Sillyducky2001 - design-octane-sillyducky.zip (30.8 KB)
titleguy1 - Octane-titleguy1.zip (32.1 KB)
[DEA] Capt. N.Cross - design-octane-Crossworks.zip (27.5 KB)
McHorseguy - octane-strop.zip (30.4 KB)
gridghost - 70RON - gridghost.zip (32.4 KB)

FINAL SCORES

titleguy1-----5+1+5+3+4+5+4+3 = 30
gridghost----4+2+4+1+3+2+3+4 =23
Crossworks-3+3+3+5+5+1+1+2=23
Sillyducky–2+4+2+2+2+4+5+1=22
strop----------1+5+1+4+1+3+2+5=22

some comments to the car
titleguy1-----lightweight,2 door coupe, rwd, enough power. but the color it TURD
gridghost----nicely designed many wents, nice color,
Crossworks-- the engine barely fits, its boxy plain and simple, im not a muscle car fan, but the color is ok
Sillyducky–rear end looks nice, the engine couldn’t fit, its the lightest of them all, even 200 hp would be fun
strop---------- neck breaker, track day monster. with a nice pimp purple :smiley:

if i had to pick a car i would use titleguy’s. its forgiving, easy to drive, comfortable, reliable, weights only 1100 kg, but the color isn’t that good i would need to respray it into bright orange

5 Likes

Well crap, of course my engine doesn’t fit now :frowning:

Gratz to @titleguy1 to the win and thnx to @lordvader1 for hosting the challenge.

(And a supercar is supposed to have lots of vents :wink: )

it looks well designed. you know what they say
more vents mean more air can get into the engine and go faster

Congrats to @titleguy1

I don’t like that everybody is so close 22/23 due to a lack of entrys…
would have been interesting to see the place the stats and then the names like Drivability: 1. 60 BLA 2. 59.8 BLA …so you can directly see how close it was…but after all it was a nice challenge… next time i will build a more sporty less luxury car i think i made tooo much luxury :grin:

thank you @lordvader1 for hosting :grin:

FOA started a car…but never completed it. :frowning:

Other stuff blocked our vision. Grrr…

ANyway…Gz to @titleguy1!

Lol that went about as expected.

But did my car load properly? It looks like most of the fixtures are missing…

2 Likes