Maesima Motor Corporation

But performance cars can be eco cars too right? :smile:

Yeah they can. My newer performance cars can reach 40mpg, while making decent time round the test track.

I would need some serious prototypiing to answer this.

KHT Bahn GT would like a word on definitions of “decent” and “economical” :smiley:

1 Like

Well, the EADC Verona JRT(Road Legal version) can reach around 160mph with an average economy of about 38mpg, and go around the airfield track in 1 min 27 sec (I like to think that that time is okay for a NA FF 2.1L).

As for the next car im putting on my thread, well, I kinda designed the engine before I decided economy was good…

Give it a bigger engine, and choke it harder. Also give it a turbo, it will chug less

I dont think a bigger engine would fit in the Verona, its engine placement is transverse (the car uses an i6). I mean, I could just put in a V8. That might get more power.

Theres a reason why they put v6 in FWD cars.

1 Like

But I like my i6’s in FWD cars… Besides which, i6’s are supposed to be my company’s shtick.

1 Like

And I like to ride a bicycle with 1 wheel, but it doesn’t mean that it’s the most efficient bicycle.

1 Like

Sorry @squidhead, but it is impossible to ride a bike with 1 wheel, the closest you can get to that is a unicycle.

2 Likes

ever done a wheelie on a bike? …I havent :disappointed:

1 Like

You are talking to a person who used to BMX race. Boy I have done millions of wheelies.

1 Like

Not everything has to be as efficient as possible :wink:

I used to fi-

WAIT NO

I do not want to embarass myself

2 Likes

Well if you wish to limit the potential of your car then sure, it may be inefficient. I like making cars to be at their best, not going along with a quirky idea of slotting an i6 transversely will improve power, efficiency, fuel consumption etc etc etc, resulting in a better car.

Also shut up you summertime peasants. I got a stickerbombed snowboard, and it’s december, so I’m automatically the reigning authority on extreme sports.

1 Like

Yes, it will be better from any reasonable point of view. But if everyone was reasonable (including car makers) then we wouldn’t have a lot of wonderful things - M BMWs for example - and the world would be a deadly boring place :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Uhh actually an I6 transverse will be considerably more efficient than a V6 transverse. Making enough power though, that’s another story :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That is blatantly false. The BMW M series is NOT an inefficient car. It does not try to put 400hp through the front left wheel using telekinesis based transmission just because it’s a cool idea in their mind.

More so the first M series cars were a carefully calculated step, after BMW saw the interest in a superfast saloon in the e12 m535i they’ve created the e28 M5, it was a very efficient way of

1. Not letting a ton of spent money on an m engine (M88 at the time) to go to waste.
  2. Get a foothold in a niche that was forming
  3. Create a car that is as efficient as a daily as it is as an track destroyer.

If people were not doing things efficiently the M cars would be junk, like trying to put an 8 liter v8 through FWD using chain drive and a 3sp automatic, and yes, those existed in US at the same time BMW were making M5 and M3.

3 Likes

You’re exaggerating heavily here. Transverse I6 isn’t as bad as your examples. Heck, it CAN even be efficient in some ways - for example it can be a part of a modular engine family. And if it has the needed capacity, then where is any inefficiency?

And I thought about different efficiency than you - not business efficiency, but rather fuel and space usage efficiency. And I don’t really get why you are so much against the fact that someone does something inefficiently just because he likes it.

E39 m5 chugs 7L/100 km at 100kph in 6th.
E39 530 Diesel chugs 6.5L/100km at 100kph in 5th (final)

No efficiency here, then.

Because if it’s inefficient then it’s a wasted potential, meaning the car is nowhere near as good as it could be.