Marquez Automotores

History

Marquez Automotores was founded in 1955 in São Paulo by Joaquim Marques, a portuguese tycoon who had arrived in Brazil in 1943 fleeing world war II and who saw a promising automotive business that was beginning to grow in the country. His initial idea was to make simple, compact and affordable cars. During 1963, the year of launch of its first model, until 1990, Marquez went through several bad moments, getting close to bankruptcy due to the inexperience of its directors.
In 1980 it was partially acquired by the automotive group “Enthusiast Manufacturers Group” and was only in the 2000 that the brand started to have an acceptable situation and would start to grow, until the stability that is currently in.

New Cars

More coming soon…

Old Cars

More coming soon…

2 Likes

Me and a couple friends from Discord are trying to write lore for an brazilian company. Your help would be much appreciated (In english bc we already broke the language rule too many times)

2 Likes

With its flat-four engine and optional AWD, the CDD line reminds me of a contemporary Impreza/STI. Even though a flat-four is the worst configuration for a turbocharged engine (due to each turbo receiving exhaust gases from only two cylinders), the flagship 240 spec should be competitive against other contemporary sport compacts.

if I have this option now, I sure would have done the engines with single turbo, more power and less lag for this small engines, but the power results are very realistic (probably I will remake this cars when this options become available). The interlagos trim level are supose to be a Fiesta ST / Polo GTi / i20 N competitor but here in Brazil we don’t have no one of those, so is more like a expensive special edition, like the Polo GTS.