Mechanical limitations

In reality, some engine designs were forgotten due to it´s limitations or eficiency. Like thermal eficiency, emissions, reving capabilities, power distrbution and so it goes on.
Imagine in automation these capabilities, this will add more dificulty to your engine designs leading the player to take decisions through the game time goes by.

This can even lead to an engine design changes if ther later design got saturated or doesn´t reach standards.

But i gues it´s really early to think about this feature. And can even limit the gameplay due to this difficulty.

I think that you’ve answered yourself.

3 Likes

LOL yeah :slight_smile:

But i was tinking on this feature be on campaign mode.

In Automation technically inferior base designs don’t work from a gameplay point of view because the “good designs” existed from the start but in the pioneering days that was less of a concern because everything was so experimental anyway. With Automation being so technical and giving you absolute values, why would you ever choose non-optimal base configurations? The answer is for shits and giggles, which is fair enough. What is also fair enough though is that we don’t develop such a massive feature just for shits and giggles. :smiley: It would take YEARS to make those things happen.

4 Likes

You can still use cast log manifold. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Start an LC campaign with a 50M budget and you’ll know the value of cast log exhausts :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yes, cast logs do have their place xD

2 Likes