Merge factory/engine configuration panel

wouldn’t be bad to have both car and engine factories in a single view

it confused the heck out of me on the first play that you had to end up on the factory and commit it before going to the engines, I think this would make the workflow simpler and more clear

1 Like

So… how do you tell the factories which engine family to produce when you use more than one in your car’s facelift?

Of course we would have this all on one page if it were that simple. :slight_smile:

isn’t there a ‘add remove engine/variant’ in the engine panel already?

That is the last page, the previous pages need to know what you are trying to build such that the requirements can be met. So that means in order for that to work you would have to select the engines on a separate page first. That kinda defeats the point of simplifying the list you were talking about, as it adds another layer of complexity?

I see. it could be sections per engine, but then it’d be too scrolling

the angle I coming from this tho is that there’s a common workflow that’s annoying: “check the effect of tooling/automation on profitability”

you have to go back and forth within screens and factories and adjust sliders and there are literal billion dollar swings in project profitability in moving automation from 45 to 55 in a large factory, but to see them is a constant back and forth between screens, of which the engines are the most deep down the tree to find.

thanks for your time and attention tho.

That indeed is an issue. I do think that we will be able to at least partially deal with that by adding a lot more info to the tooltips, which is planned anyway. The workflow is not very intuitive and a little clunky, but this is the best solution we could come up with that deals with all the issues of “but this depends on that, and this on that, so this needs to come after that in order for this to have the relevant data for its calculations”… etc. It is so massively complex that I believe there is no good solution beyond adding more project info somewhere on screen which kinda always stays with you. We’re working on that.