Method to determine Fuel Consumption

I made a brief search on the forums, but didn’t find a direct suggestion as I am going to make.

So… would it be possible to implement a ‘‘real’’ testing cycle to determine the fuel consumption? I have the NEDC in mind (or what other countries use). Maybe skip the NEDC entirely and go direct for it’s successor,
the WLTP.

2 Likes

And, if I may add to this, how about showing city and highway fuel economy numbers, as opposed to just an average consumption? Seeing as real-world fuel economy varies greatly depending on different people’s driving cycles, an average would only make sense if everybody in the world drove the same identical cycle with no variation.

2 Likes

That would be quite a lot of work to implement, so it’s not on our todo list currently. The total number given is kind of a cycle test with various aspects of the tests weighed in at different strengths. Making a City vs. Highway stat would be easy though, as that just requires two different sets of stat weights without much research. Still not a priority though.

6 Likes

I think those standard test cycle like NEDC,WLTP or SFTP are set of test procedure that should very easily to be compiled into program?
And it’s set to determing fuel economy by… a team of experts,I guess? So why not just use it?

Like I said, because it is actually hard to implement.

1 Like