MGR's Auto Place /// Fercia MGR650

18 Likes

This latest before/after picture could be a teaser for a facelifted Iroquis Deluxe/Brillare - very slightly less ostentatious but still with plenty of presence.

Yakaza Ingres GS, Coupe GS & Ingres Coupe Track
A smol car for a big future.

extra

18 Likes

Before I make a proper post(s) for my recent cars.
I’ll just drop this ad here for the time being.

14 Likes

Rosker Tigo

A little showcase of a car I’ve been making for around half a month.

Yes, these share the same body.

With the release of the recent update and with the use of 3D fixtures. I was able to hide the original window lines and creases of the base body.
When I started making the 5-door version the update came out, which is why it has this done and the 3-door does not, but it serves as a good before and after.

A little history of the car.

Work In Progress stage back in late October.

At the time I just wanted to create a little 80s Euro shitbox.

“Finished” stage, or atleast the first time it was seen on #showcase :sweat:

Or specifically, at this stage it had a name and a purpose. A budget family car from my Belgian brand ‘Rosker’. Released in 1982 to compete with the Golf and other cars competing with it. This was a base 1.1L engine with some nice trim, such as over-fenders and small fog lights.

Mo Pics

Covering the major bases.

Moah Pics

Here’s where I made 3 trim that span from base entry level, to mid level trim and then a high level sporty trim.

The GT trim is more of a nice trim with some pep instead of a blazingly fast hot hatch, essentially like a M-sport or S-line kit for this car, since it only has around 80-something HP (not final tho).

Unfinished Race version.

Not meant to be a factory race car, but more of a privately made race car, will definitely try to do this one up properly. Since the body doesn't really support large or wide wheels, I used another car that could have very large and wide wheels and hid it's body and chassis in the photo scene.

Perkele.

1986 Facelift.

Now with fuel injection as standard. Clear lights, thiccer bumpers, no partition in the doors and wider tailamps. Gives the old Tigo a fresh look for the mid to late 80s.

The Tigo spans from 1982 to 1985, 1986 face lifted and till 1990 in production.

Moa Pics

Finished Product.

Rosker Tigo 1.7 Clubsport

All views

Interior

Future plans.

There is still a lot I have planned to do with this platform. A merger with Bermag, with that rebaged Tigos as Bermags.
A detailed lore and specification sheets with adverts.

However I plan on “retiring” from automation for a month or till the end of the year to finish my own projects and do some much more important stuff, so I will uninstall the game from my HDD. Since with this update I will never get anything done and if I keep looking at what people are creating with these new tools… I will get tempted, so a break is in order :pensive:

So that’s all in the future, for now, I hope you like my little shitbox, or as Nich put it…

Cya later, can’t wait to see what people create with 3D fixtures in a months time or a little later.

33 Likes

Man I love this car. It’s so detailed! The wip at the start is at the same level of my finished cars! And that reworking on the windows is beautifull! Good job, and bood luck on your personal projects!

3 Likes

I hope it’s not too late, but could you be a compadre and share the car file? I wanna study how you did some things.

The Ultimate Expression of an Italian Supercar

Introducing the all-new Fercia MGR650.

Bringing the Italian supercar spirit into the modern day.

With 650hp* the MGR650 is no slouch. 250hp* delivered by the electric front motor and 400hp* delivered by the 4 litre Bermag V8 engine.

Not official figures stated

Coupé

Progress
This car did not take a day to complete, let's be honest here :p

It started with a simple idea, to test out the 3D fixture feature, and see what can be done with it from my end.

And this car changed a lot during this process.

It started with trying to do something simple, having a cut-out for the lights with the lights being flat , that contrasting with the shape of the body, highlighting a thing that couldn’t be done before.

Then came a drawing to work off of.

First steps taken

Started with the shape of the front end cutouts and started to create the flowing lower section of the car.

Getting the lower part of the sides done.

Also added some body shaping stuff around the cut outs to create a smoother and more detailed look.

At the time, the front end was nearly done, was starting to work on the sides and figure out how or what to do with em.

Had created an interesting side profile, was happy with the progress.

Started getting somewhere with the rear at this point. Also refined the design of the side.

Trying to have a similar rear end to the front end was the goal with this rear end, however was never very pleased with it, tried to adjust it in many ways. In the end I'm very happy that I decided to move on to a different design.

Time came and I started drawing up a new idea for the rear end. With this one, around 80% of the rear end surface was handmade with 3D fixtures inside the actual original body.

Now this design wasn't yet right, didn't look amazing on it's own and certainly didn't go with the front. But it was the right step towards the end goal and showing promise.

Adjusting the new design, doing more stuff on top of the fairly difficult new rear end.

Readjusted the size of the inner piece, which consisted of a lot of pieces, making it more squashed and in turn more sporty and aggressive. Thinking up a better tail lamp design with this and trying to see if I could do a similar slot design that is on the front. In the end this base was the one I'd run with.

New rear-end developed..... what about the front now?

Adding lights to it made it look... right, so adding other parts on it got it near being finished. But now..... the front is a little out of place, isn't it? Essentially the front needed a large open fascia like on the back.

Time came to redo the front.

Drawing up a few ideas on what to do with the front, in the end I looked at the back and used the sorta swoosh what starts from the bottom and curves straight up to the lights area. This luckily went fast as the main idea was conceived.

This was one hell of a way to make most of my Birthday go past, but at least there’s still time to go out.

Anyway, in the future there might be a functional export available on the BeamNG repo, after I can get a certain person to work on it, since the car is around 500kb, so it needs editing to be derivable in Beam.

MGR
33 Likes

Dude that’s just perfect

This is, without doubt, your best car design yet, which makes the following claim much more believable:

At worst it’s not too far off, at best it’s dead-on accurate. Design-wise, this is the best use of the R8-esque mod body - I’m suspecting you used the larger, longer-wheelbase version. And although it took several days to complete, the final result was definitely worth it. As for engineering:

Obviously, game engine limitations make it impossible for anyone to replicate that setup exactly - I’m suspecting you installed an AWD system and turbocharged the V8 to simulate a petrol/electric hybrid torque curve. I could be wrong, but hybrid or not, the MGR650 is the absolute pinnacle of your efforts to date. Well done!

1 Like

Can I just say… W O W

1 Like

you madman

1 Like

Elwood Iroquois comparison

Automation v. Blender remake

So, nearing a year ago I made the Elwood Iroquois in Automation… then in April I remade it completely in Blender, but I never made a comparison or showcase of the two.
So finally here it is.

smol citation, both cars have been changed a little from their original forms, the original Automation version was made in pre-transparent windows era of Automation, so the car showcased here was edited for the showcase. And as well the 3D model remake has some changes, like the interior was mainly red and had a white stripe on the side, but was changed to resemble the updated Automation version.

Here you can see some changes from the Automation version, like the indicator location (this was changed because I thought the bumper was a little barren, so I moved them there, however they are in the same place on the sedan version.) and headlamps.

Now the side has many more changes, now let’s make this clear, this wasn’t meant to be a 1:1 recreation, but rather a better version, one with things that couldn’t be a achieved in Automation… at the time at least, like redoing the side lines, having a much thicker line going low down instead of in the middle made for a better design in the end.

The rear end is the most drastic part of them all. Completely different rear lights, spent some time to get them to look right and in turn nothing like the originals, different rear bumper, the blobby one didn’t really work in blender.

All in all, I'm very happy with how it turned out, and I plan on doing more of this sorta thing again soon. Also, sedan version:

30 Likes

Time to meshslap it onto a … oh wait, onto itself!

I’m envious of your skills. Great job! It looks absolutely gorgeous.

2 Likes

I am surprised at how well the Elwood Iroquis translated from Automation to Blender - if anything, it looks even better now, whether with four doors or two!

1 Like