Micro machine challenge! The Results Are In!

I ran your cars around 4 tracks. ATT, TGTT, Diablo Raceway, and Bonneville. Since Bonneville is purely a top-speed course, the results for that are purely for fun, as such, it will be used as the bonus round. To get the a singular victor , I averaged the times across on three tracks.

Strop, in the Bassalisk: 2:11.46
AirJordan, in the Smooth Goblin RRR: 2:13.5
TheDziuras, In the FSD MicroTracker: 2:16.2
Suprec, in the Izan Micro Race: 2:21.42
Madrias, on the Storm Dragon: 2:24.43
KiwiDarkshine05, in the Kiwi WRC: 2:25.57
HighOctaneLove, in the Galadrial Mouse GTi: 2:25.87
TR8R, in the unnamed vehicle: 2:26.89
LordVader1, in the Orion: 2:28.09

And the results for the bonus round…

TheDziuras, in the FSD MictroTracker: 171 MPH
Strop, in the Bassalisk: 170.7
AirJordan, in the Smooth Golbin RRR: 170.1
Madrias, in the Storm Dragon: 166.7 MPH
TR8R, in the unnamed vehicle: 160.1 MPH
HighOctaneLove, in the Galadrial Mouse GTi: 156.6 MPH
Suprec, in the Izan Micro Race: 148.9 MPH
LordVader1, in the Orion: 147 MPH
KiwiDarkshine05, in the Kiwi WRC: 146.3 MPH

Finally, as per the usual in all my major competitions, I present the prizes.
To the victor go the spoils.

1st: A date with Randy. Our local, 42 year old bachelor. He works at Target, has a slightly more than intense love for ACDC and Steven Segal movies, drives a lifted '91 Ford Bronco, and would love to thrill you with his Bowling prowess.

2nd: A worn copy of PlayGirl, circa 1996.

3rd: A certificate of graduation from my dogs obedience class, trimmed in gold leaf, with the words “Good Boy” in bold letters across the face. It’s actually quite tasteful.

Everyone else gets a dull handsaw hot-glued to a obnoxiously heavy piece of timber, to show that you couldn’t quite hack it.

Special Bonus Event Prize:
A weekend pass to Sunrise Farm and Pastures; where the livestock is “Warm and welcoming.”

1 Like

This looks a bit interesting! No limitations on cost of the car? I’ll take a whack at it, see what I can come up with.

that’s way too restrictive on the engine rules. but if you do want to keep it that way, i’d prefer you just provide us with an engine that we are not allowed to tweak. so we just tweak the body itself.

although going double wishbone are a no brainer for a race car, why restrict them? (also you didn’t specify if it has to be double wishbone F/R) and i prefer multilink on the rear actually.

1 Like

Are the Bore and Stroke calculations in inches?

Yeah, looks like.

So… I’ve already made a car for this challenge ;). Its time on airfield track is 1:13.43.

No turbos, no fun :\

Presenting the Galadriel Mouse GTi!!!

Raymond Galabriel, founder of Galadriel Kit Cars, wanted to showcase his line of knock-off Bogliq Mouse kit cars. Finding out that a competition was being held showcasing tiny cars, Galadriel prepared and tuned his standard Mouse into a 183Kw fire spitting monster.

Having no idea what’s in store for the diminutive Mouse, Galadriel hopes that his teams raw talent and determination will win out over more expensive, better funded entrants…

That is the weirdest restriction I’ve seen in a while.

No cost limit what se ever? That’s…too easy almost.
What’s the deadline?

With regard to the weird restrictions, I’m trying to give you the tools to make a high horsepower engine, without making it too easy. You’ll have until this coming Friday.

I am assuming we are all using 2016 trim right?

Yessir!

I would like to presesnt the FSD Microtracker.

A fully track-oriented microcar.

1 Like

I have noticed I selected AlSi as top end material, sending fixed verision right now.

Meet the Storm Dragon.

This car’s just a little angry. Destined for a nice turbocharged micro-V8, a design decision at the last second left it with a 1.5 liter naturally-aspirated V6 instead.

This angry little beast is designed to tear up a race track, though we’ll have to see how well it does at that.

Do we have a deadline for this? I do want to enter, I just need to work out when I can make an entrant

I’m also half way into testing but not sure when I’ll have time to finish so deadline would be nice :slight_smile:

alrighty looks good
i found the part “unfucks itself” funny, you can still go to the old forum and change your email

anyway i assume we are using the year 2016 and we can use +15 quality sliders on anything

rally ready
1.5 liter V6 with AWD system