Mike Pero Motorsport Park (Ruapuna Park Raceway) v1

Formerly known as “Powerbuilt Raceway at Ruapuna Park” and now known as “Mike Pero Motorsport Park, Ruapuna”, it is a permanent racing circuit about 13 kilometres (8.08 mi) west of Christchurch, New Zealand. The track is one of the few club-owned and operated tracks left in New Zealand, with racing held in one form or another since the 1960s. The Canterbury Car Club was formed in 1947 with events held at various venues around Christchurch. As the club grew it was realized that a permanent race track was required and after an enormous amount of hard work by volunteers, the Ruapuna Park track was opened in November 1963. The track features a drag strip, pit garages, racing school, speedway circuit and even a radio controlled car circuit. The circuit hosts both 2 wheeled and 4 wheeled events. The track hosted the 1998 and 1999 New Zealand Grand Prix. It currently also is home to the Toyota Racing Series.

The track found new international fame in 2015 when it was digitized and included as an official download for the popular Project CARS racing game, one of the few New Zealand tracks to ever feature in a commercially-available PC or console game.

Background track graphic from Wikimedia.

== Changelog ==
v1 Track created. Length accurate to within 0.012 metres. Sportiness values match track, and so too does elevation.

== What’s coming ==

• Cleaning up some of the racing lines
  • Different layouts of the track
  • Dragstrip only version, too

== Download ==
Mike Pero Motorsport Park (Ruapuna Park Raceway) v1.zip

3 Likes

Was going to make this at some point myself, but never got around to it.

Big <3 to you, Ram.

1 Like

I was just about to tag you but you somehow found it yourself. :smile: Cheers, thanks for your support!

I always check new posts. (I do fuck all else these days but browse reddit & forums these days)

1 Like

I’ve currently got summer hols, so any other tracks you’d like for me to do? Kinda bored, as you might be able to guess :laughing:

Longest Layout of Highlands Motorsport Park? (It’s a figure eight style track. Pretty cool)

1 Like

I’ll take a look into it, sure
EDIT: HELP!

@Fayeding_Spray I can’t tell which one it is.

1 Like

Red very top left.

@Fayeding_Spray Aren’t those all the layouts all crammed into one? I’m so confused by that one

The Red Layout is the actual layout for racing. It just has the other loops shown on it.

I think I know what to do then. Let me guess, you’re a Kiwi?

That’s why I asked/know about these tracks :stuck_out_tongue:

Right. Well, I found a good website with all the info I need so I’ll get on it since I have nothing better to do. Kia ora!

1 Like

As another kiwi, thanks for this. Looking forward to seeing what my cars can do around it.

1 Like