Miuytomorto Automobile Company (abandoned again)

Could you then provide any sort of lore to these companies? Or at least put these company names somewhere where people can see them, because otherwise all your cars are all over the place.

1 Like

The lore idea is something i came up with, but never really tried out. I can try it out.

Although itā€™s not clear what your proposing. Like, a biography of the rise to power and fame? (or death, in Devmethā€™s case)

As for the clear names, i had some logos but got rid of them for some forgotten reason. I can probably make more.

Just anything, it could just be how each company started, or what they make. It doesnt have to be long or complex

Just a simple bio will do with some sort of description of what each company makes

Right. I got you there.

Iā€™m making a few changes to the layout following some criticism.

First, iā€™m going to make some short bios of our operations here at Miuytomorto: Dalimash, Grant Co. Gauntlet, and OSCAR. But not until iā€™m done explaining the changes iā€™m making. (Edit: the bio idea is currently out of circulation. another idea is being considered as time goes on.)

Second, future cars will be marked by the respective companyā€¦ somehow. This will help to ensure minimum confusion between users.

Finally, weā€™re adding a new company to our operations.

The Italian hyper car company Avantgardo joined our operations recently. So, thereā€™s that.

2 Likes

Who votes we slot this into the next round of King of Drift then? :smiley: We could use a few more entries

2 Likes

I what?

EDIT: I got curious and searched up your championship. It looks like a good challenge, although it says that the entries are closed. When does the next round or season start up?

In general this game definitely does have quite a learning curve. I suggest that we all just give him tips on how to improve his designs, but no one can be forced over the curve :joy: it just takes time and experimentation with the car design aspects. Since he just started, I think itā€™s ok if his designs arenā€™t already some of the best in the game. It takes time to get to that level!

Some of my tips to you that took me a while to learn:

1. For car cost: Quality sliders are the #1 reason a design can be expensive. Itā€™s cheaper and more effective to just use better parts in the first place and then cut back on the quality sliders. Quality slider costs increase exponentially, meaning a +15 slider is like twice the cost of a +10 slider.

2. For fuel economy: Always build designs with the engine set to the lowest richness of fuel. You will get great fuel economy. Only increase this if absolutely necessary for more power and only when other options have failed.

3. For engine power: Do not just set cams to 100 and turbo to full pressure. Iā€™ve found that max power actually comes at around 90ish cam (depends on engine), a turbo that is actually smaller than the compressor, and a turbo pressure that is only about 1 bar. Play around with the compression ratio to see which ratio gives most power for that amount of turbo

4. For handling: Pay attention to suspension!! This is huge. Donā€™t just settle for the pre-made settings. You can make your car SO much more effective just by giving it the suspension it needs. Itā€™s all about how the car steers.

5. For performance/handling: Weight is another big deal. If you want performance, your weight NEEDS to be as low as you can get it. No other way around it.

1 Like

The problem is, for number 4, is that I DONā€™T KNOW WHAT THE ACTUAL SETTINGS DO.

I also barely use the Quality/Tech sliders, so not a big problem for me.

And, well, i pretty much got the weight thing down.

But i really appreciate the tips. Thanks for that, mate.

(now anyone bother telling me what the suspension sliders each do?)

1 Like

An easy strategy tbh is just of until it stops turning green but thatā€™s not optimal, Iā€™ll explain my tuning.

I start by using the preset for whatever car Iā€™m making (I avoid the comfort one though) they generally are a good start

Then I adjust wheel sizes to get as close to the steering curve as I can, this will mean I donā€™t need loose or stiffer suspension.

After that I use the wheel offset to get even closer to the blue drivability or res sportiness line

After all of that I will fine tune it if I have to using a mix of the front and rear camber. A mix I have found tends to work better but some suspension setups like leaf springs just allow you to do 0 degrees so you have to adjust the front

Maybe make the dampeners a tad stiffer if needed at the end

This is not the best strategy but it will get you going in the right direction and is fairly simple

3 Likes

Iā€¦think i got that. Iā€™ll tab back to this when iā€™m building my new car. (Itā€™s going to be an Avantgardo!)

Thanks, btw.

2 Likes

The all new Avantgardo Walker 4.

Remember when we said the engine will get a complete overhaul? Well, we werenā€™t kidding.

The all new: Avantgardo V12.

And youā€™d think we wouldnā€™t finish this off without some statistics, no?

(NOTE: this was on the airfield where i test pretty much all of my cars)

1 Like

For the ads next time I would use text boxes instead of the writing. Itā€™s not easy to read and doesnā€™t stand out as wellā€‹ as white, bolded letters on a black background. If you look at my YouTube channel (same name as on the forums) you are welcome to is the same design as my thumbnails. I just open up the command menu with ~ and type in HideBuildings() . This will make the background black and then itā€™s just screenshot and a little text.

As for the car you might want to update to monocoque as space frame is dead by the 70s

Can we also get a screenshot of the final stats pages so we can see the cars different characteristics such as drivability? Looks can only tell us so much. A screenshot of the turning graph would also be nice

Https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCX7JhT-okek1KZHgF9eNDGA

Here you can see my thumbnail style you can use for your ads. If you have GIMP I can send you the template too.

That optimal power graph gives me nightmares.

1 Like

Itā€™s an old one.

Although i was curious whatā€™s going on when the lines get bent.

I can tell that the turbo on that is a tad big. The acceleration isnā€™t too good. If itā€™s still like that try returning the engine and putting bigger rear tires on.

Few graphs i took pics of.

Yeah.

1 Like

No offense but this is bad. I canā€™t look at them now but if you PM me the car files I donā€™t mid helping you tune it up to spec tomorrow.

I appreciate tips and tricks here, but i think tuning the cars is kind of my responsibility. So, i donā€™t think iā€™ll be sending any car files anytime soon.

And, no offence taken.

I also recommend that you PM me the car files (for the Walker 4) so that I can make it a much more practical proposition. If you can, why not send me the files for the Janus and Oscar 7 as well? I want to give both of them similar treatment.

1 Like