Home | Wiki | Live Chat | Dev Stream | YouTube | Archived Forums | Contact

Modding Tutorial 2 - Taillights

Here is the promised: 2010 converted.zip (1.47 MB)

Thanks man, youre great. Now lets see what I can do about it. But I think that it wont be an easy thing for me. But Ill be trying hard :slight_smile:

You’re welcome :wink:

Finally something goes well, thanks to you all. But can you help me with skinning? I`ve used only 3 dummies with this taillight. Is it enough? What can I do
to not skinned elements falling deep into car body?

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/6991/xZFOWr.jpg

[quote=“Chucky”]Finally something goes well, thanks to you all. But can you help me with skinning? I`ve used only 3 dummies with this taillight. Is it enough? What can I do
to not skinned elements falling deep into car body?

[/quote]

The number of dummies depends of the model and complexity.

In your case, with 2 dummies (one in each side, and selecting one all the blinker and the other the red part, because your taillight is regular).

Yes, 2 dummies helped. Thanks man.

Hi there guys,

I’ve been ‘playing’ with the taillights and I have a rare issue.
The first time that I put the new taillights on the body they look like this (with only two variants):

If I leave them on the car and go in again (reviewing the car), the taillights look as they should, and all the variants are there.

What’s going on?!?!
Thanks.

Problem ‘solved’, It should be the cache or something… if it’s possible. :blush:

Does the taillight architecture (Glass, skinned & unskinned) only work for the “Taillight” fixtures?

I’ve tried making a badge using the same methodology and it crashes the game back to the desktop. :angry:

For badges try using the grille methodology.

Except IIRC you model everything, instead of only half.

I’ve got “normal” badges down to a fine art…I’ve made other stuff as “badges” (see the 4x4 mods).

Now I want to make emergency service lights but to get them on the roof they have to be made as vents or badges…hence the question.

Can they not be wings?

I can do wings…see the 4x4 pack.

It is the architecture of the fixture that I am querying.

I want a red “fixture” behind a piece of glass to act as a Police light…but when I do the light as a badge it crashes the game.

ECS_GLASS should work for the glass, then the fixture behind can just be a normal material (ECS_STANDARD), assuming you don’t need it to deform with bones like a light does.

If you need that, you’re screwed (for now)