Moshou Motors. Innovation at its peak

GG 21 H

the thing i struggle with rn is getting more Power out of the engine size

https://gyazo.com/14f9bb3e9a0a2dbb1c50ae2c6cb2264d New stats now 4l v10. cant squeeze out more power

In general - MOAR REVS! Which means shorter stroke, which means potentially less displacement per cylinder. For turbo - check the boost graph (above the power/torque graph you have little arrow buttons, click them to find the graph showing boost) - if the boost drops, then try making 1. A/R ratio 2. compressor 3. turbine - bigger.

@szafirowy01 shall i wait and get better at the game before i start working on a Company again?

Yes, its probably for the best. Try entering some community challenges. Some of them can provide helpful advice on how to improve your car if you ask nicely.

@szafirowy01 What I meant was ease off with the car posting and ask for more advice rather than going along headstrong and getting annoyed that others dont like what youre doing. Entering challenges is probably a better way to start off than going ahead with developing a company

Nah, not really. We’ve seen a lot of newbie companies develop into something really impressive here, and most of us (all?) started with just bad cars :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, hello Dorifto, I had you in mind with that “newbie company becoming impressive” :smiley:

dunno. its probs just me that cant handle criticism in a way, even if its for the better

600 bhp. with a 4l v10 twin turbo. its not enough.

welp. i Guess il just keep doing what im doing and enter com chs

@DeusExMackia 969 months is almost 81 years. This engine would need to be started in development in 1937.

Hmm looks like i will have to start with concepts. Then engines. And btw i lowered it to 100 something. Still tho. Shall i make a new thread?

Somebody say Big-Block V6?

1 Like

welp.

Nah. Don’t make a new thread. Just post Moshou concepts here and ask for feedback. Some feedback for you, so you understand the challenge you’re about to face

For the first engine, the 6.5 liter v6 pushing 600 hp through a turbo. I’ve had 5 liter v8 pushing over 600 with N/A with 4 valves and no quality sliders, no vvt or vvl, in 2000, so your choice of basic engine parameters (cylinders, shape etc) is pretty far off the best stats, most noticeably - too big of an engine, not enough pistons. Going with a v8 or a v10, even v12 would yield much better results… The car mentioned also was just as quick to 100 kph and noticeably faster in top speed (by about 60+ kph), while being RWD. So you have a ways to learn.

For the second one, the v10, we’ve seen similar displacement push close to 500hp in the 1976 BRC challenge without the help of a turbo. I’ll just point that out the cars and technology is 42 years apart, and the clever cool stuff wasn’t available to those BRC racers, which would boost them into the 600hp levels.

In the recent event I’ve hosted a few people used a pushrod v8, with 6 liters of displacement (one of the engines available) and the power outputs with N/A and no quality sliders reached easily into 650+ territory, and most people did not push the engine to it’s limits not to hurt drivability, so they were “mildly tuned”.

In short - yes, do enter community challenges, do ask questions, read other threads for solutions, experiment before deciding on a design, create concepts, share those, read the response to them to gauge how you’re doing. My main advice would be - learn to make cars without the quality sliders whatsoever. When you can do good with just what you got, you’ll be able to boost your car’s stats a bit with a little quality sliders to match any competitor, but it should not be the cornerstone of your build. We’ve had a guy quality spam everything in his builds to +15 in pursuit of pure speed, and long story short - when that car was uploaded it was not much of a challenge to make it faster by removing all the quality sliders, set them to 0 and just give the car a proper setup (Using the original car’s body, suspension and engine, mind you. Just a re-setup of everything). It was less powerful, had less grippy tires, less efficient aerodynamics, less efficient gearbox, less of EVERYTHING, yet it was faster in acceleration and quicker on a racetrack. So there’s that.

4 Likes

@squidhead thanks. Tho the tread is quite filled. But thank you so so so much. I appreciate your assistance.

@Oskiinus Christ I screwed my maths up, this engine is older than my gran!

3 Likes

@squidhead what year for that engine?

My best advice perhaps is to follow what the market demands. :stuck_out_tongue:

hmm ok. tho i feel i made a good engine. then its something wrong with it. so i dont want to show it just yet.