Most Needed Body Types Survey

Nothing is wrong with liking what British Leyland makes. X3 They did have some fun ideas, even if their build quality was subpar.

2 Likes

what really is needed is basycalle a whole lineup of 60s european cars, especially larger cars (about 5 metres)

anything that size and of that era is so american itā€™s damn-near impossible to work withā€¦

Hereā€™s what my suggestion(s) would be:
-I think a brand new hypercar body would be stellar. I mean, obviously, fans are liking cars made on the Laferrari body which is great but (not to be rude) its getting a little old.

-We could really use (and Iā€™m just spitballing here when I say this) a Dodge Caliber-type body, for SUVā€™s. I tend to make a lot of those and if you donā€™t believe me you should see my repository.

-The last thing on this list would be a kind-of like, rocket-body or something for the Kamata Angelus and like cars, they wouldnā€™t have to be from Ridge Racer. Obviously, when (and if) this type of body style comes out people are gonna want to make a sandbox full of SpaceX prototypes (which tbh isnā€™t really such a bad idea if I only make one) and then we could have a thread entirely for those cars b/c I have seen it done before on a lot of threads and forums here at Discourse. They could make new cars that way for ugly car forums such as mine or whatnot but the point of this nonsensical shit Iā€™m typing up is that we could do so much with a twistable moldable kind of 2010ā€™s concept rocket-ship and I think we need to take that opportunity before its gone.

And thatā€™s really about it or right now so Iā€™m going to get off this page and come back later. And btw I would do all of this myself except I donā€™t know how to mod. Thatā€™s really problematic.

In regards to the 70ā€™s hatchback comment above, I wouldnā€™t mind seeing a body similar to an AMC Gremlin or Pacer. Iā€™d also like to see a body similar to the Porsche 924/944 and the 928 as well.

5 Likes

@BobLoblaw I couldnā€™t agree more! We at RRRB (Ridge Racer: Ryan Barton) could really use one of those to make like a COVID minion. (donā€™t ask)

If you insistā€¦

Iā€™m sorry @stm316 I know it sounds stupid but itā€™s something I do for my YouTube channel.

But, I didnā€™t askā€¦

4 Likes

Wouldnā€™t a suitable body be the Opel Ascona/Manta B? Available as 2 or 4 door notchback sedan, notchback coupe and hatchback coupe. A little imagination would turn it into a wagon too, and maybe 5 door hatch, panel van, convertibleā€¦ The upright front of the Ascona being morphable to the Manta ā€œdropsnootā€ would make for many different front designs. Without too much struggle it would become the US Chevy Monza or the aussie Holden Torana, as well as it could serve as a good base for many 70s carsā€¦

3 Likes

The Manta B is allready ingame. if not someone is faster I will do an ascona B at some point maybe

Oh, sorry if I missed it then, I have had no use of a Manta body this farā€¦ :flushed:

I presume this will eventually return from the kee days to fill that gap.

5 Likes

Yep, already started work on getting the Pinto to UE4

7 Likes

Which body is that again? I have no clue which body in game correlates to the Ascona/manta youā€™re talking about.

I realized that there is a lack of a good late 90s/early 00s SUV body around 2.6 metres in wheelbase. Like X-trail, Tribute, CR-V etcā€¦ The closest you get is a 1985 body that looks way too old for the era.

1 Like

On that note, such a body should be less boxy and more curvaceous - and in addition to three- and five-door wagon variants, two- and four-door ute/pickup variants should also be available.

This is a must :relaxed:

4 Likes

I am currently trying to make european car of the year for every year. Between 1964 and 1973 Good bodies are lacking for Austin 1800, Renault 16, NSU Ro80, Citroƫn GS and Fiat 127.

8 Likes

Indeed, a body like Fiat 127 (maybe the 1978-> model since itā€™s a bit more universal) would make at least my life a lot easier

Itā€™s not ā€œmost neededā€. Heck, maybe Iā€™ll be the only one using it, but here it goes:

1973-1982 VW Brasilia. A weird, rear engined hatchback that nobody outside here knows.

5 Likes