Most Profitable Venture is the most boring

This is quite possibly the most boring vehicle design I can dream up, but it made 50 billion in 13 years (not including engineering time). Maybe Gasmea has a lot of Chimos…

5 Likes

How could that be? Is it due to an unmatched level of competitiveness or a low asking price? I suspect it could be a combination of both. Also, I want to see the mechanical specs and take a closer look at its engine.

I’m not sure how to export out of career mode. I made a mistake in the original post: the $50B in the screenshot reflects the profit from all trims, not just this one–the profit from the Econoline is about 1/3 of the series’ profit. I’m not sure how to pull up the difficulty settings, but the total multiplier is around 1.0. I have about $9500 in the econoline and it stickers for about $15k. (16 in Gasmea, 15 elsewhere). I sell about 12,000 of this particular trim per month.

The engine is a no-frills all-cast MPFI 221 CID V6 based loosely on the early-80s buick 3800, but with a low compression ratio that manages to get 16mpg running on poop (80RON), loads of cargo space, solid rear axle, and it goes maybe 105.

The other 2 trims are passenger vans in the mold of the big custom vans of the 1980s and 90s, both V8-powered with available AWD.

2 Likes

The title of this thread is basically the entire story of the modern automotive industry in a nutshell :wink:

3 Likes

What about an even cheaper four-cylinder variant? Why did you not build one?

2 Likes

Because I got the numbers I wanted with the I6. Utility takes a hit if you power/weight ratio is low. But I could make one.