Home | Wiki | Live Chat | Dev Stream | YouTube | Archived Forums | Contact

Multiple engines [RESOLVED]

Hi. I just bought the game yesterday and I really enjoy it, but I just want to ask, is there any way to create multiple engines for 1 model of car in sandbox? If yes please tell me how. Thanks in advance.

Yes of course. You just need separate trims of course. I don’t really get the problem.

When I make separate trims and change the engine, the engine changes on both trims

Make a new one, instead of changing the same one. Each editor is separate - in engine editor you edit the engine, and if that engine is used anywhere else it’ll change there too, as it’s still the same engine.

it could be that the clone engine you make renames the original to “engine 1 clone”
and the new one doesnt have clone on it

I’m sorry but I don’t understand what you’re saying. Could you please give me a step by step guide to how to change the engine in a cloned trim and not change the engine of the trim the clone was created from?

1. Clone the trim.
  2. Clone the engine variant.
  3. Choose the clone variant as your new trim engine.
  4. Change whatever you want.

If you don’t make a new engine variant, you’re still dealing with the same single engine, not a separate, but with the same parameters.

Okay, but how do you choose the clone variant as the new trim engine

Wat.

Works the same for cloned engine.

Thanks so much!