Multiple Factories per Plot

Before I begin, I know that it’s been stated many times that each factory will only build one model to simplify the gameplay and the game design, and multiple production lines in a factory will not be a part of the game.

I just wondered whether there had ever been considerations about having more than one factory on a plot of land? For instance, perhaps a large plot could fit 1 large factory or three small factories, to allow players to build multiple models in the same geographic location. In effect, having multiple small factories on a plot of land would roughly approximate having a large factory with multiple production lines. This would also allow having engine plants and car plants in the same location too.

Obviously, I’m almost certainly neglecting some issue that would make this a horribly complicated proposition, but I’d be interested to hear the Devs’ thoughts on this.

2 Likes

Well, that indeed would make the game more complicated. The UI would have to communicate a lot more:
How much space is left?
Can you upgrade that one factory by one level or do you need to demolish something else?
How much space do add-ons take?
When you have 3 factories of the same size on the same plot, which is which? Can the player identify them easily?
What (significant) advantages would this have from a gameplay perspective?

Overall I think this complicates things way too much (also in coding / structures) for what little potential benefit it would have. :slight_smile:
Cheers!

2 Likes