My 1274cc turbo v8 flatplane --> 1337 cc/ 1400 production units to 91

[ul][/ul]Was screwing around and came up with this.

At ca 450 hp per liter that’s quite respectable, you should write the specifics, and also the tech year and cost because obsiously power increases with time and cost.

Froma price / performance point of view, my tip is that in this performance range it might as well be V6 turbo. Like you I started out by building V8s because of the much sturdier bore strike ratio, but for such small displacements as yours there isn’t really an advantage. The extra cost for 8 cylinders outweighs the extra quality a V6 needs on the engine block. For a V6 I need +5. sometimes up to +10, provided I want to push out every last hp possible from the engine. Whereas a V8 aways costs a lot more than a V6, a few quality points are not a problem. You should just avoid getting over +10 for the engine block because those last points are extremely expensive.

[quote=“BurningBridges”]At ca 450 hp per liter that’s quite respectable, you should write the specifics, and also the tech year and cost because obsiously power increases with time and cost.

Froma price / performance point of view, my tip is that in this performance range it might as well be V6 turbo. Like you I started out by building V8s because of the much sturdier bore strike ratio, but for such small displacements as yours there isn’t really an advantage. The extra cost for 8 cylinders outweighs the extra quality a V6 needs on the engine block. For a V6 I need +5. sometimes up to +10, provided I want to push out every last hp possible from the engine. Whereas a V8 aways costs a lot more than a V6, a few quality points are not a problem. You should just avoid getting over +10 for the engine block because those last points are extremely expensive.[/quote]

Is there a cost limit for random engines now?

2 Likes

What I mean is you can always get more power by making it more expensive.
So what I try is to make it cheap first and then get more power.
This is also important for the competitions which limit costs.

[quote=“BurningBridges”]What I mean is you can always get more power by making it more expensive.
So what I try is to make it cheap first and then get more power.
This is also important for the competitions which limit costs.[/quote]

Is this a Competition?

1 Like

Suchst du ein AuskunftsbĂĽro?

Ne nur das örtliche.

Ja die können einem meistens helfen :wink:

Warning, might be loud.
Watch in “HD”
No sliders were used.
Maybe just watch on youtube, it is pretty small.
1337 cc, 509 HP, 303 Torques
I can get more power, but I need a bigger turbo.
Holy god the last engine had 1400 production units, this one has 91. Cost of material is also 1/5th.
How much money saved is that?

2 Likes

I don’t want to be too harsh here, but what’s the point of that engine if your entire useable power band is only 2,000 rpm at the very peak? I mean sure its fun to cram as much power out of a small engine, but that engine cant really be used at all…

Do you know such word as “experiment”? Such engines can show how far you can go and at what cost - that’s their use.

3 Likes

That, there, Ladies and Gentlemen, is THE BEST lawnmower in the world!

This engine makes more power than my 2.0 mx5 engine at 7000 RPM
I would say it has 3500 rpm useable, I wish I could make an F1 engine but not enough RPM in the game