My daily

Audi A3 (1996) 2018-2019
Mini Cooper (2019) 2019-…

Still waiting

Might have been a mistake

:thinking: The silence suggests that it has indeed been a mistake :joy:

Nope, just had no time to upload xD

so here it is:

A little A3, 125hp with the s-line package and some “tuning” editions of the last owner. Let`s see where it gets me and how long it will live … I hope long enough to make up for the 1200€ it costs me every year…

Interesting first car choice.

What do you mean by this?

“tuning” means like not real performance tuning, the A3 got lowered a little bit (not noticable), an sports exhaust, some tweaks in the interior (sparco shifter, lower trim is white, aso.).

So much for the grand reveal of a grocery getter

I’m really confused, where’s the TDI badge on the back?

I think you bought the wrong car sir :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, that wasn’t what I was expecting at all… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I was expecting you to have found an old car like this:

Opel kadett ls crop.jpg
By Ruben de Rijcke - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, Link

NOT a swanky Audi A3 with mods! :face_with_monocle:

Lol, thats what my brothers first car was.

@Sillyducky - nah, this one has the 1.8 liter petrol engine.

125hp out of a 1.8? :joy: why is VAG so useless at making engines?

I guess 1990s engines from VAG are a little bit under the numbers that you expect … and if you look at the stats of some new 3 cylinder 1.0l petrols compared to the oones of the 90’s you’ll see that there haven’t been many engines that did a good job…

Say that to an owner of an AUDI I5 engine, old or new, and see the reaction you get.:grin:

My grandfather had a Seat Toledo -98 1.6 8-valve SOHC (daohc), 100 mighty horses.
And my own Opel Astra -99 1.6 16-valve DOHC, the same 100 hp.:thinking:

I suppose it’s the norm with mundane cars of that era, saying that I suppose it was done for fuel economy reasons.

My first car had the 1.4 16V, 74 might horses of pure Spanish built German power, the buses I drive could outrun the mighty Leon

Update

The Audi is gone after i got a bargain deal on something newer
(the Audi got ran into 3 weeks after I sold it, guess it was the right time to let it go)

here is a random shot I took of my new daily

Compared to the A3 you had previously owned, the Cooper feels like it’s from another world in terms of design and technology - and although it’s not even an S or JCW, I would expect it to be more fun to drive.

It is like another world to drive and the anxiety connected with the Audi is gone. (the Audi used to just shut off on the Highway when I usually was going 150kp/h+, but 4 different mechanics have not found anything wrong with it)