Need For Speed Carbon Challenge Main Thread

“Didn’t expect you to show your face again.”

“Things have changed around here - This place is a battle ground, For Tuners, Muscles and Exotics”

Can you believe this classic is 11 years old this year? I was one of the few who actually liked Pro Street more but this game is still one of the most iconic racing games ever made. Anyway, this challenge comes from a thought, what if we made an NFS Carbon car list out of Automation world cars? And from that why not make a challenge out of it?

##How this will play out:

First, those willing to participate should enter their names in a list. From that list the participants will be split into 3 teams, Bushido, 21st Street, and TFK. If you’ve played the game then you would know where this leads, Bushido can only use tuners, 21st Street can only use Muscle, and TFK can only use exotics. In the game, the hierarchy goes muscle > exotic > tuner. If we tried it with this game I guarantee you exotics would slaughter everything. Now here’s where the rules come in to play.

Currently at stage 1, we first organize the players into the crews and have them build up their cars for each tiers.

##What will happen in stage 1:

1. You will be distributed randomly into one of the three crews of NFS Carbon
  2. You will build and tune a car from each tier according to your class (In case you need a reminder - Bushido: Tuner, 21st: Muscle TFK: Exotic)
  3. Present them here. Massive visual modifications are encouraged so as long as the basic shape of the car is still visible.

##General rules

1. Excepting tires, you get 30 quality points to play with.
  2. You cannot do any form of intentional weight reduction (Ex. removing seats or stereo, but having a lighter transmission is allowed) due to the game not allowing you to do so.
  3. You cannot put on active components such as aero and suspension. If the car comes with them stock you have to either take it off or leave the aero stock from factory.
  4. The year cap is 2006
  5. Players are suggested to adhere to their crew’s color schemes (Bushido: Green/Black, 21st: Grey/Orange TFK: White/Black)

This post will be updated with newer rules and explanations for the progressing stages of the competition.

8 Likes

##CAR LIST

The heart of the game and what gives it so much charm is how it classifies the cars into these three classes and gave them their own character.

Not exactly accurate classifications mind you, and completely unbalanced but charming all the same.

##Tuners

Tier 1

• 2006 Maesima Prova ST-R

• 1986 Dimension Voyager Sprint

• 2000 CM Erie EL

• 1996 Storm Knight GS-E

• 2004 Storm Surge 4XR

• 1990 Solo Otter Turbo

• 1996 Zavir Cittadino III Sportivo

Tier 2 Tuner

• 2003 Dimension Hadron 2.6

• 2003 Dimension Singularity SSP

• 2000 Saminda CZ1

• 2000 Saminda CZ2R

• 2002 Solo Beaver SSM

Tier 3 Tuner

• 1996 Dimension Hierophant Twin Turbo

• 1996 Dimension Warp SSP4R

• 2003 Dimension Rift SSP Turbo 4WD

• 1999 Saminda CZ6

• 1995 Maesima NRZ-996

• 2006 Saminda C2000R

• 2006 IMP ClubSport GT Turbo

Muscle

Tier 1

• 1967 Dimension Comanche 290

• 1968 Solo Harrier Sport Premium

• 1961 CM Quebec Premium

• 1967 Solo Hawk Sport Premium

• 1956 CM Edmonton V8

Tier 2

• 1978 Dimension Paradox 2 410

• 2006 Dimension Comanche 6.0 GT

• 1970 Zavir 97 Volante 5.8is

• 1985 Megacopr CSC1 CSR-8

Tier 3

• 2005 Dimension Paradox 5 6.0

• 1970 Dimension Paradox CA

• 2005 Albury Crusader MKIV

• 1993 Solo Hawk SM

• 1996 Solo X-Coupe

• 1995 LaVache Ramjet RT5

• 1996 AMCC Airacobra RS-X TT

##Exotic

Tier 1

• 2006 Erin Merna

• 1998 Gamma Surge

• 1996 Solo Hare PM-6

• 1986 Dimension Nova GS

• 1990 KHT Tsukuba S

Tier 2

• 1987 Solo Lightning V8 Sport Turbo

• 2003 Gamma Surge ST

• 2006 Erin Scarlet X

• 2002 Dimension Nova SSP 230

• 1995 Storm Gunslinger GTX Turbo

• 2006 IMP ClubSport GS

• 2004 Diamond Azure Gold

Tier 3

• 1992 CM Niagara Coupe

• 2003 Assoluto Bisonte

• 2006 Harris SVM 500

• 2003 KHT Bahn GT

• 1984 KHT Nemesis

• 2005 IMR Ultraflow

In the process of taking pictures and streamlining the trims for easier download. @Starfish94 kindly provide the cars needed as we still have time.

8 Likes

Reserved for player team list.

4 Likes

I’m in. Sounds awesome.

1 Like

Did I even send you the Airacobra? I pretty much changed my mind and completely redesigned it while the original blueprint was changed into a classic 90s Muscle Car, the Havoc, which I DID provide, correct?

I’m also in. As for the other two car trims I nominated and sent, it seems that you have somehow not listed them.

Edit: I will accept the fact that not all of my nominations were accepted, but those that were should prove to be competitive in the right hands.

Being nominated does not necessarily mean that they were chosen for the car list. A bunch of my nominations didn’t make it either.

1 Like

Do we get a specific list to enter our names or just write here in the thread?

Anyways, I’m in. NFS Carbon was awesome and so is this challenge from what I’ve heard so far :smiley:

I’m in

@Awildgermanappears Nope you didn’t.

@abg7 This is a copy paste of the finalized car list from the previous thread.

torquelesswonder - Airacobra.zip (97.4 KB)

I’m in

Count me in.

It appears the trueno body has been removed from the workshop… hmm…

Some of these cars have fixtures missing when exporting so if you don’t see a photo uploded later please send me a pic yourself.

Need a Tier 1 replacement for my Voyager Sprint. I could send one in my own but there’s too many Dimensions already.

The Maesima Exestis could probably stand in for tier one vehicle if you wanted. Although it’d probably have to be a lower trim spec.

4 Likes

The Trueno body is now vanilla. It’s possible to edit the .lua files to read the vanilla version rather than the now missing mod.

Im in too!

I don’t know if I should’ve read this in “Got theese scars” or “the definition of insanity” voice.

1 Like

Added photos to see which ones I missed. I’ll come back and add some more tommorow again. Some of these have fixtures missing so if you guys don’t mind please send me a photo of your own.

3 Likes

You seem to be missing mods, mate. Also “Afterparty” is a better soundtrack for this imo, better atmosphere. In any case, I’m in

1 Like