Need Help on Military Genset Scenario

I need help on this scenario. I can pass it at Bronze using SOHC but I can’t get any higher. I tried tweaking with Push Rod and DOHC but neither let me pass (either not enough power or economy too low)

Looking at this thread viewtopic.php?f=13&t=966 , it seems like people are easily achieving 3162 cc while mine only can reach 2179 cc max before hitting the size limit. Their size limit is higher too! Was the scenario limitation changed by developers?

Have you tried different fuel systems? Cause they can alter the size quite significantly as does the valvetype.

Can’t seem to make it… With OHC when I met the economy requirement I don’t generate enough power. Push rods and DOHC don’t make enough power and doesn’t meet economy requirement. I’m stuck with SOHC but only can get Bronze. Carbs doesn’t met the economy requirement while Multi-point EFI is too bulky and mechanical injection makes the engine too expensive.

Just played it and managed gold with DAOHC and SPFI. Had to tweak some with the quality sliders though and had to use low friction pistons to get the economy down.
Also the thread you referred to in your first post is from when the first version of the game was released and the game has changed a lot since then.

[quote=“1224”]Just played it and managed gold with DAOHC and SPFI. Had to tweak some with the quality sliders though and had to use low friction pistons to get the economy down.
Also the thread you referred to in your first post is from when the first version of the game was released and the game has changed a lot since then.[/quote]

Glad to know it. I though I did something very wrong that I can’t even get 3000 cc without breaking the size limit

I managed to get silver with Push Rod after tweaking the quality slider but I’m still far from platinum. Gotta fiddle more tomorrow.

Thanks for the tips!

did you tried to make the cam profile higher (say, like between 30-40)?

that’s what i did to obtain platinum along with some fine tunings

This Thread is 4 years old. This Scenario either doesn’t exist, or is no longer the same.

Do not bump old threads.

4 Likes

Alright, I get that this is an old thread, but I would be very interested in how cygnus got platinum on this. My main frustration so far is that the requirements are very tight, and it took me a couple hours in total (had to come back another day and restart, after making little progress) to even get a point rating. I am stuck around 1030 points, and could use some tips on part choice. I can wiggle the sliders myself.

Main questions:

• What fuel system did you use? I really want to go Direct Injection, but I ended up only making it work with Multi-Point (Single configuration) due to needing to spend engineering time upping the quality of the exhaust system to meet the noise limit.
  • Was an I6 or I3 a better choice than an I4 layout? A smaller I6 seems to cost too much engineering time, and a larger I3 hurts absolutely everything (octane, weight, power)

I really wish I could save a successful build and come back to it later. It makes me afraid to make large changes after making a finely-tuned build, since if it doesn’t pan out, I will have to spend a good 10-30 minutes getting my sliders back to where they were.

With the weight and engineering time requirements I don’t think DI works if you’re going for platinum. I personally think MPFI or SPFI is a better choice than direct injection here.

The closest i got to platinum (1065) was with MPFI.

I do think you are on the right track upping quality of exhaust to meet noise requirement. that is what I did too.

I think I4 is the best choice but, admittedly I didn’t spend much time trying to get I6 or V6 working and did not attempt I3.

This is, in my opinion, by far the hardest scenario in the Engine Challenges.

Good Luck

here ya go m8. it’s hard. but not impossible :stuck_out_tongue:

1. 2 above platinum it was super fine tuning central:stuck_out_tongue: