Home | Wiki | Live Chat | Dev Stream | YouTube | Archived Forums | Contact

New decent commuter car

So I took out a small car loan to get a decent ride for my new job back in the middle of July.

And now i’m finally posting it

2014 Hyundai Elantra
6 speed manual
37mpgs highway
(41ish on my normal commute)
44,000 miles currently

I needed a newer car that I could depend on because my new job, which is actually in the field that I studied in college (yes I graduated, yay me, yay student loans)
But it’s over 50 miles one way from my parents’ house (between an hour and an hour ten minutes away)

So of course fuel economy was quite important, as was comfort. And after about a month of driving it, I am still liking my newer red car. I havn’t named her yet, as I havn’t had any good name ideas yet.

(And yeah, i still browse the forums from time to time but now i have much less time i could spend.)

Hot damn, sedan and manual! Not much of these around anymore, so take good care of it and enjoy it :smiley:

It’s great to see that you, @findRED19, finally found red :wink:

Love me some Elantras… nice pick!

If any other nickname for it fails, you could always call her Elanor… And this one won’t run out of fuel on you as it did to Nic Cage!

Joking aside, European markets don’t really feature Elantras (not mine at least). Closest thing size-wise would be the i30 sedan. So I don’t know much about them, although modern Hyundais are more reliable than ever.

Here’s hoping she is a capable helper for your new worker life! :grinning:

Decent cars. Pretty solid fuel economy too. That 41 is close to what a friend of mine gets in his 2006 Prius (46 or so).